The Student Room Group

traveling to mexico with a simple police caution

hello,

so over 4 months ago i recieved a simple police caution for 'outraging public decency - common law' which being a simple caution is now spent.

next year around this time i want to go on holiday with my friends to mexico, which i do not need to apply for a visa for. However i am unclear or not weather i have to declare or apply for any forms to be able to travel because of my spent caution.

i was looking on the Gov.co.uk website and it says as follows:
'Simple cautions are covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act so you dont have to disclose unless it is for an occupation which is an exception to the act, like working with children.'

by this i am seeing that i dont have to declare it because of the fact is is a SPENT, Simple Police Caution. i am getting very mixed signals online as it all seems to be involving actual convictions (a simple police caution is not a conviction).

could someone shed some light on the subject?

Thankyou very much for reading.
From what you have quoted from gov.co.uk it seems that you don't have to declare it when travelling, only when applying to jobs with specific requirements.
The fact you don't have an actual conviction also means it is unlikely to affect your travelling :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EllaM98
From what you have quoted from gov.co.uk it seems that you don't have to declare it when travelling, only when applying to jobs with specific requirements.
The fact you don't have an actual conviction also means it is unlikely to affect your travelling :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending