The Student Room Group

Insomnia/cant sleep/chat forum

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZuluK
Awww I'm pretty sure you did fine!

What subjects did you do? :h:

Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry
Keep having this dream about this weird man.
I have no idea who he is apart from the fact he is bald and creepy and keeps trying to murder me :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I have no idea who he is apart from the fact he is bald and creepy and keeps trying to murder me :smile:

is it this man a lot of people are dreaming about him
Original post by Funnycatvideos
Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry

Bruh are you trying to kill yourself with these subjects!!!

Gooooddddd luckkkk

Damn! Are you okay? Wow.

:lovehug:
Original post by ZuluK

Damn! Are you okay? Wow.

Kind of :redface: don't feel the best physically and had a bad night last night but not because of dreams (did dream of that man again but it was 'fuzzier' than before if that makes sense). The other night freaked me out when he trapped me on a train and tried to kill me but i got over it in the morning :hugs:
how are you doing lovely? :lovehug: <3 x
Nope. Nope. Well only about someone being run over with a drive on lawn mower but that was afterwards :redface: and no.
This is the thing that bothers me, all the things I dream are not really influenced by my surroundings anymore (for instance i dont have those school dreams because even though i dreamt i got dissected on a school canteen table once it was roughly based in a real life environment if that makes sense whereas this is totally from my own 'imagination' :/) x
Kind of :redface: don't feel the best physically and had a bad night last night but not because of dreams (did dream of that man again but it was 'fuzzier' than before if that makes sense). The other night freaked me out when he trapped me on a train and tried to kill me but i got over it in the morning :hugs:
how are you doing lovely? :lovehug: <3 x

Omgosh. Have you been attacked in real life? Or it is one of your worst fears? I'm so sorry to hear that. It's one of the reasons I don't like sleepin. :frown:

How are you feeling emotionally? :jumphug:
Original post by ZuluK
Bruh are you trying to kill yourself with these subjects!!!

Gooooddddd luckkkk

Damn! Are you okay? Wow.

Eh, I hate chemistry but I enjoy the others. I got ham fisted by that Stats 1 exam though. Physics paper 2 was also not great either :/
Sorry to randomly interrupt but have you been sleeping okay? Or better? Or at all? :redface:
It's almost impossible to fall a sleep with the thought and worry of looming assessments and exams. Have experienced that a couple of dozen times :s-smilie:
Original post by ZuluK
Omgosh. Have you been attacked in real life? Or it is one of your worst fears? I'm so sorry to hear that. It's one of the reasons I don't like sleepin. :frown:

How are you feeling emotionally? :jumphug:

Kind of yes (been grabbed etc and had things thrown at me) :redface: but that isn't why I dream about it because im not scared of the person who used to do it anymore :smile:
and not really, death isn't actually one of my fears (fantasise about it quite a lot :redface:) so i dont understand why the dreams scare me :redface: i think it is about control. I dream about trains not stopping a lot and feelings of out of control because i need to be in control of my surroundings i.e i could change them if i felt the need which is why i hate any form of transport other than walking bc im not in control and it makes me anxious :redface:
how are you lovely? :puppyeyes: xx
Kind of yes (been grabbed etc and had things thrown at me) :redface: but that isn't why I dream about it because im not scared of the person who used to do it anymore :smile:
and not really, death isn't actually one of my fears (fantasise about it quite a lot :redface:) so i dont understand why the dreams scare me :redface: i think it is about control. I dream about trains not stopping a lot and feelings of out of control because i need to be in control of my surroundings i.e i could change them if i felt the need which is why i hate any form of transport other than walking bc im not in control and it makes me anxious :redface:
how are you lovely? :puppyeyes: xx

Maybe because you can't control what is happening to you in the dreams? And you're not controlling your own "death"

Fantasise about dying? **** honey is there anything I can do to help you? Or if you wanted to talk? :frown:

Original post by ZuluK
Maybe because you can't control what is happening to you in the dreams? And you're not controlling your own "death"

Fantasise about dying? **** honey is there anything I can do to help you? Or if you wanted to talk? :frown:

That is a very good point lovely :redface: hadn't thought of that tbh, but now you say it that makes sense x
yeh :redface: mostly because in relation to the whole control thing, that is the one thing that a person can control (usually), how they die so when things upset me i think about that because when everything else is going wrong that is the one thing i can theoretically do to be in control again if that makes sense :redface: not that I would actually do it but it is the thought of 'i could if i wanted to' :redface:
are you going to tell me how you are now? :frown: :lovehug: xxx
That is a very good point lovely :redface: hadn't thought of that tbh, but now you say it that makes sense x
yeh :redface: mostly because in relation to the whole control thing, that is the one thing that a person can control (usually), how they die so when things upset me i think about that because when everything else is going wrong that is the one thing i can theoretically do to be in control again if that makes sense :redface: not that I would actually do it but it is the thought of 'i could if i wanted to' :redface:
are you going to tell me how you are now? :frown: :lovehug: xxx

Yeah maybe? I don't know tbh honey. But maybe getting out of your comfort zone a bit and becoming more understanding of the control bit might help? Does that make sense?

Sorry, I'm good at listening but not advice :lol:

And I'm glad you don't want to do it! Because the world and TSR would be a dismal place with Anon#8
Original post by ZuluK
Yeah maybe? I don't know tbh honey. But maybe getting out of your comfort zone a bit and becoming more understanding of the control bit might help? Does that make sense?

Sorry, I'm good at listening but not advice :lol:

And I'm glad you don't want to do it! Because the world and TSR would be a dismal place with Anon#8

Yeh that makes sense, i try to stay away from home a bit more or take the bus places because that helps with the control. I try to repress the stress and anxiety of not being in control of my own whereabouts etc and having to rely on people and it is slowly getting a little better :redface: used to have a massive fear of being abandoned (still do really) so i always take money etc and plot in my head how i could get back if i was which is stupid but helps. Ik that i would never ever be abandoned but it is just paranoia so stupid lol :redface:
awww no lovely, tbh i prefer people listening rather than advice because often i just need to express things that i cant really inrl :redface:
well i wouldnt go that far :redface: i would want to do it but i wouldnt actually do it if that makes any sense whatsoever :redface:
Anyone need help getting sleep? Its either your psychology or your health. The health part I can give some advice on as Ive had this problem in the past
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Lol it's been ages I struggle to sleep :sad: like it takes me +1h to fall asleep and sometimes I can't sleep till very late (5/6am)
What about you ?

I revised half of the day and chilled the other half :biggrin: what about your day ? You were at work right :3 ?

You need any help getting sleep
I always sleep late and I relate to this thread so much and I am happy to see the level of responses. If you like reading at night then I have a blog on social issues. Feel free to check it out and share it with anyone else who might be interested. Please and thank you.

Philachange.wordpress.com
Original post by Steamof
You need any help getting sleep

I am already getting help, it's slightly working :redface:
Original post by Vanessaxx98
I always sleep late and I relate to this thread so much and I am happy to see the level of responses. If you like reading at night then I have a blog on social issues. Feel free to check it out and share it with anyone else who might be interested. Please and thank you.

Philachange.wordpress.com

Thanks honey I'll check it out tonight :h:

Quick Reply

Latest