The Student Room Group

I missed an opportunity with a girl

I made a massive mistake which I have regretted for nearly 2 years now. Basically this girl fancied me when I was in sixth form (she was my teachers daughter). Being being useless had this great opportunity and after her mum told me like 5 times she fancied me, I never really replied yes or no - I just didn't say anything really. I have never had a girlfriend and I dealt with this really bad!

However shes a really lovely girl, I chatted to her a couple of times & I made friends with her on Facebook but I have never been in touch. I really wish we could go on a date or meet up or something. She doesn't have a boyfriend. But after nearly 2 years, do I have any hope, should I try?

Why do I have to be so rubbish at these things!!!!
It's worth a try, sure. It's not too late! Maybe try getting in touch a bit again by just trying to say hi and bringing up a funny story from sixth form or something. Once the ice is broken, feel free to ask her if she'd like to meet up. Good luck!
Try again. It never hurts to try. Its better being rejected yet knowing you tried than living your whole life knowing you were a coward who was too fearful/shy/awkward to even make a move.
Reply 3
Original post by chelseadagg3r
It's worth a try, sure. It's not too late! Maybe try getting in touch a bit again by just trying to say hi and bringing up a funny story from sixth form or something. Once the ice is broken, feel free to ask her if she'd like to meet up. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. I never knew her really well or if it would work. Only spoke a few times while I chatted to my teacher. I just feel I missed out as she seemed really nice. I mean will she think I'm strange just saying Hi randomly even though I have had her on Facebook for a year?

I feel I might come across as a jerk or she may feel that shes second best. However it was just me being a numpty.
Original post by Anonymous
I made a massive mistake which I have regretted for nearly 2 years now. Basically this girl fancied me when I was in sixth form (she was my teachers daughter). Being being useless had this great opportunity and after her mum told me like 5 times she fancied me, I never really replied yes or no - I just didn't say anything really. I have never had a girlfriend and I dealt with this really bad!

However shes a really lovely girl, I chatted to her a couple of times & I made friends with her on Facebook but I have never been in touch. I really wish we could go on a date or meet up or something. She doesn't have a boyfriend. But after nearly 2 years, do I have any hope, should I try?

If you have her on facebook then why not just make contact as friends and see how it goes? No pressure and nothing to go wrong. Get chatting.
Reply 5
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Try again. It never hurts to try. Its better being rejected yet knowing you tried than living your whole life knowing you were a coward who was too fearful/shy/awkward to even make a move.

I have always been the one who no one ever liked at school and when I found out someone actually liked me, that was very overwhelming. I am quite a nervous person, I don't think I could ever go up to someone and ask to go on a date. As the girl got her mum to break the news to me, I should of really acted!

This story is just too similar to something that happened to me. Like wtf
Reply 7
Original post by cbreef
This story is just too similar to something that happened to me. Like wtf
How did you get on!
Thanks for your reply. I never knew her really well or if it would work. Only spoke a few times while I chatted to my teacher. I just feel I missed out as she seemed really nice. I mean will she think I'm strange just saying Hi randomly even though I have had her on Facebook for a year?

I feel I might come across as a jerk or she may feel that shes second best. However it was just me being a numpty.

Nah, I don't think it'll be a problem. I've had people I didn't talk to in school a few years ago contact me saying hi since leaving. Just say hi and ask how she's been, maybe ask about what she's up to now as well. It might feel a little awkward at first but it'll be fine, I'm sure!
How did you get on!

Haven't spoken in 2 years. Although I saw her 2 days ago while driving. I wasn't ready for anything at the time. Still don't think I am. I'm quite immature that way :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Carpe diem
Think I will give it a go then! Hopefully I won't embrass myself.
Yes it's definitely worth it, otherwise you'll regret it later on that you never properly tried :smile: Don't put too much pressure on yourself though and don't over-think things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending