The Student Room Group

Are you psychopathic?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
14.. Was expecting a little higher, but happy with that!
7, was expecting atleast double.
Reply 24
Yay. Let's all have a great time taking an online test and joking about a real mental illness...

I hate humanity...
Reply 27
Got 12, don't know what that means though
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Yay. Let's all have a great time taking an online test and joking about a real mental illness...

I hate humanity...

I wouldn't say psychopathy is a mental illness, but a disorder.

And trust me, no psychopath would ever take offense to this, as ridiculous as this is. I can't imagine a psychopath ever answering honestly enough to score themselves as one :rofl:
25... closer than i'd have liked
Reply 30

I hate humanity...

If a psychopath murdered someone, do you think they should receive the same punishment as a non-psychotic murderer? Do you think people should be more empathetic towards them/ more understanding since they can't help being 'that way'?
I kind of disagree. By the very definition of a psychopath you do have to be at least a little "bad".

Firstly when you consider that psychopathy falls within Anti-social Personality Disorder so most psychopaths have a criminal record.

Secondly, when you consider the Psychopathy Checklist items such as pathological lying, parasitic lifestyle, and lack of remorse/ guilt etc.
It's not glamorous, at least they are complete pains in the arses, at worst they are highly dangerous.
Original post by Twinpeaks
I wouldn't say psychopathy is a mental illness, but a disorder.

And trust me, no psychopath would ever take offense to this, as ridiculous as this is. I can't imagine a psychopath ever answering honestly enough to score themselves as one :rofl:

I don't have ASPD, but I do have BPD which is also cluster B and I consider that to be a mental illness so I would presume that you could feel the same way about ASPD.

Original post by goam
If a psychopath murdered someone, do you think they should receive the same punishment as a non-psychotic murderer? Do you think people should be more empathetic towards them/ more understanding since they can't help being 'that way'?

ASPD =/= psychosis. It is possible some people with ASPD also experience psychosis but they aren't the same thing.

If someone is the perpetrator of a crime and would not have done that crime if that had not had a mental illness then they are often sectioned in a psych ward rather than being sentenced to prison.
23 meh
13, I thought I would get a lot higher.
I don't have ASPD, but I do have BPD which is also cluster B and I consider that to be a mental illness so I would presume that you could feel the same way about ASPD.

ASPD =/= psychosis. It is possible some people with ASPD also experience psychosis but they aren't the same thing.

If someone is the perpetrator of a crime and would not have done that crime if that had not had a mental illness then they are often sectioned in a psych ward rather than being sentenced to prison.

Bpd?
Original post by Blue_Mason
Bpd?

Borderline Personality Disorder
Borderline Personality Disorder

I think I might suffer from that, because i wouldn't class myself as a psychopath nor am I a sociopath
(edited 7 years ago)
11 so guess I'm normal yay
nice to know.

Quick Reply

Latest