The Student Room Group

On a scale from from 1 to 10 How religious do you think are the "Islamic Terrorists"

Poll

Rating

Poll

Everyone is encouraged to vote.

10 being most religious

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TaintedLight
Poll

Everyone is encouraged to vote.

10 being most religious

10. The people who commit these awful crimes don't do so because they're evil, but instead because they're brainwashed into believing the literal translation of passages from the Qaran giving them the moral ascendancy to inflict terror on innocent people, much like the Germans in Nazi Germany.
10, they follow what their religion says.
Reply 3
They have no religion.....they used Islam as an advantage
Reply 4

They follow it by the book whereas moderate Muslims cherrypick parts of the religion that suits them whilst also embracing Western life where it suits. Those same moderate Muslims then try to tell us that the version of Islam they follow is the right one when it contradicts the very words within Islamic scripture.

Allah would be angry with moderate Muslims. The Quran is literally the word of God and should be treated as such, so if you stray from the word of the Quran you are straying from the word of God, the word of Allah.

[video="youtube;E5QvRg0Q2gU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5QvRg0Q2gU[/video]
Original post by jake4198
10. The people who commit these awful crimes don't do so because they're evil, but instead because they're brainwashed into believing the literal translation of passages from the Qaran giving them the moral ascendancy to inflict terror on innocent people, much like the Germans in Nazi Germany.

ive never liked any of your stuff before and everytime i try and rep you it says i need to rep others before i can rep you "again"... fishy
they are perverts who use religion as an excuse to abuse children.
Original post by JNDSAN
ive never liked any of your stuff before and everytime i try and rep you it says i need to rep others before i can rep you "again"... fishy

Capture.PNG

I have the same problem. According to TSR you can agree with some people too much...
Religious rhetoric is certainly used to manipulate people into fighting for violent interpretations of Islam, there are reasons why the heads of these groups (I'm including Al-queda, Boko Haram and many Ayatollahs, most prominently Khomeini) tend to be religious scholars, or at least seek to be seen as such. Any form of activism can become violent of course, there are violent environmentalists for example, but religion is a particularly good way of pitting people against one another.

On the ground level, I'm sure lots of ISIS fighters are just insecure kids looking for an authority figure who they feel speaks for them, but I do think religious indoctrination plays a big part in respecting authority undeservedly.

One of the best thinks about the UK in my opinion is complete irreverence of authority, to the point that when it was alleged that our Prime Minister, in theory one of the biggest authorities in the country, had done naughty things with a dead pig, most of our reactions were pretty much "Yeah, sounds like something he'd do." If people would be more inclined to act similarly when discussing say the Prophet Mohammed or the Pope or Islamic scholars we'd all be a great deal better off.

Everyone needs to keep those of us with power in check. Don't do things simply because someone tells you to.
Some of them go to strip clubs a day before blowing themselves up. Neither are Islamic imo.
0. They have no relevance to the religion whatsoever.
Original post by The_Opinion
10, they follow what their religion says.

Typical right wing response smh
Original post by cbreef

As opposed to your typical left wing approach of burying your head in the sand.
Kind of an answerless question. There's no way to measure religiousness and it's pretty hard to define. I put 10, because they're certainly extremely indoctrinated by many of the multitude of Islam's terrible factors, but they're still contradicting some parts of the religion, but then the Abrahamic religions often contradict themselves so how can you win? I'm also not sure that indoctrinated = religious, because although it does in my cynical view, it's hardly the definition. I feel like people answering will often be talking at cross purposes.

Original post by cbreef

How is this "typically right wing"?
Original post by CorpusLuteum
0. They have no relevance to the religion whatsoever.

Cos religion never even at least partly influences people to do terrible things.
Original post by KingBradly
Cos religion never even at least partly influences people to do terrible things.

Lack of education influences people to do things like what ISIS are doing.
People who are part of ISIS have done something in their life that makes them feel **** because maybe society wont approve of it so they look for stupid ways to redeem themselves with 'religion' and they have preachers who have ZERO education and are easily influenced by people they think are absolutely correct.

Also, there is people who have hardly any education with regards to religion and therefore misinterpret things by taking it literally. For example, I have a ridiculous friend who thinks on the day of judgement she's gonna be asked to go and find every strand of hair that fell from her head so when she sees a hair from her head she puts it back in her head scarf?????
It's illogical and unperceptive. It also shows she doesn't take any initiative with regards to religion herself and just listens to the ******** she's fed from misinterpreters and thinks it's perfectly correct. Religion isn't something you inherit and it's something you learn and clearly ISIS have no learned knowledge about Islam otherwise they would have a whole different group of people.
@TheOpinion

Clear hatred of islam.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The_Opinion
As opposed to your typical left wing approach of burying your head in the sand.

Wouldn't say I'm very left wing myself, more centre left. I'm just fed up with right wingers bashing islam
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Lack of education influences people to do things like what ISIS are doing.
People who are part of ISIS have done something in their life that makes them feel **** because maybe society wont approve of it so they look for stupid ways to redeem themselves with 'religion' and they have preachers who have ZERO education and are easily influenced by people they think are absolutely correct.

Also, there is people who have hardly any education with regards to religion and therefore misinterpret things by taking it literally. For example, I have a ridiculous friend who thinks on the day of judgement she's gonna be asked to go and find every strand of hair that fell from her head so when she sees a hair from her head she puts it back in her head scarf?????
It's illogical and unperceptive. It also shows she doesn't take any initiative with regards to religion herself and just listens to the ******** she's fed from misinterpreters and thinks it's perfectly correct. Religion isn't something you inherit and it's something you learn and clearly ISIS have no learned knowledge about Islam otherwise they would have a whole different group of people.

And ISIS will say exactly the same about moderate muslims. So what makes your opinion objectively correct and theirs wrong?
i dont think they are religious at all however, i dont think anyone in their right mind can deny that their horrific acts and fantasies that they carry out, do indeed come from the quran itself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending