The Student Room Group

Are you psychopathic?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheReader
According to Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry, a score of 25 or above is used as a cut-off to diagnose psychopathy in UK.

Yeah it's usually around 25 that's the cut off. Someone who scores 30 is considered a pure psychopath, and they are actually pretty rare. My lecturer at uni administers the psychopathy checklist to convicts and he says he's only ever interviewed a clear 30 in his career.

Of course no one should take this test remotely seriously. Although I do wonder what a psychopath would self-score himself as using this test :tongue:
Reply 61
Thank you )
Original post by Napp
Thank you )

That isn't something to be proud of :/
12, I am not a psychopath.

I find that score distribution a odd though because the proportion of people scoring above 30 is much greater than most actual studies on psychopathy suggest...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 65
Sigh, Irony impaired I presume?
Although I must say I find it very weird you taking note of my posts, one might say stalkerish.
Original post by Napp
Sigh, Irony impaired I presume?
Although I must say I find it very weird you taking note of my posts, one might say stalkerish.

Hard not to when you spew out as much hate filled bile all over TSR as you do
It might be actually, it would make sense to refer to them that way wouldn't it, but I remember papers I've read have just referred to them as Type 1 and 2 I think. Maybe it's because they are both sub-types of psychopathy whereas referring to the one as a sociopath makes them more distinct, rather than sub-types of the same disorder? If that makes sense. Maybe when the sub-types become more clear they may become distinct disorders :dontknow:

I don't remember reading about the moral compass point but that would definitely make sense would it. Sounds interesting!
Reply 68
Big up the 33 massive :tongue:
Reply 69
It appears I touched a nerve :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say you're one to dare raise an opinion on the matter especially given the vitriol that seems to flow from you like diarrhea.
Original post by Napp
It appears I touched a nerve :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say you're one to dare raise an opinion on the matter especially given the vitriol that seems to flow from you like diarrhea.

Now whose the creepy stalker?
Reply 71
I'm still going to go with you on this.
Original post by Napp
I'm still going to go with you on this.

On what basis? I'm not the one here whose managed to earn themselves a place on a hate list
Reply 74
Well lets start with you following my posts and for reasons best known to you deciding to talk to me, you're a very weird little girl arent you?

Oh god you don't like me, how ever will i cope with this?:'(
Original post by Napp
Well lets start with you following my posts and for reasons best known to you deciding to talk to me, you're a very weird little girl arent you?

Oh god you don't like me, how ever will i cope with this?:'(

Thank you for proving my point about the content of your posts :toofunny:

Not my hate list lol
27/40
I scored a 37
Reply 78
You're welcome?

Mmm given you have no clue as to who I am, I find that quite a reach :rolleyes:
Reply 79
Original post by Twinpeaks
That's not really a fair assumption to make based on the online test. When the checklist is administered in real life it is not

I don't really agree with this - no psychological test is ever perfect. But sure, some are more accurate than others.

Quick Reply

Latest