The Student Room Group

Are you psychopathic?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ciel.
Soo true. Most psychological tests are.

I see what you mean but I don't think that's really a fair assumption to make based on one online test.

When the checklist is administered in real life it is not administered in a structured Q&A format. It's often administered with 2 clinicians, and is semi-structured. You do not ask outright the questions on this online test, you would get nowhere.

And the scoring is completely different. You give a score of 2 if the individual definitely displays a trait, 1 if there's a partial match and 0 if there's clearly no match. Traits are scored through observation as well as the verbal answers provided, and also through their case files, and takes about 3 hours.

PCL-R scores correlate very well with similar items and tests of other traits such as machiavellianism and aggression. In all its considered a very good indicator of psychopathy, which it has to be considering the score obtained has a significant effect on the individuals future.
Original post by Napp
You're welcome?

Mmm given you have no clue as to who I am, I find that quite a reach :rolleyes:

I give up

I don't put people on my ignore list or whatever, if I did I wouldn't be able to see your posts to comment on them, would I?

Anyway, whatever
Original post by Ciel.
I don't really agree with this - no psychological test is ever perfect. But sure, some are more accurate than others.

Sorry didn't mean to send that, I hadn't finished writing my post and didn't even realise it posted :rofl:

Yeah. Every instrument we use across all fields have flaws though. Both in psychology and medicine. That doesn't mean it's not considered valuable, accurate or reliable.

If you were to discredit an instrument because it had a flaw, you'd be left with barely anything.
I scored 18 :frown: I taught it would be higher tbh
Reply 84
Oh go away and shut up, your novelty is starting to wear thin.
Reply 85
Original post by Twinpeaks
I see what you mean but I don't think that's really a fair assumption to make based on one online test.

When the checklist is administered in real life it is not administered in a structured Q&A format. It's often administered with 2 clinicians, and is semi-structured. You do not ask outright the questions on this online test, you would get nowhere.

And the scoring is completely different. You give a score of 2 if the individual definitely displays a trait, 1 if there's a partial match and 0 if there's clearly no match. Traits are scored through observation as well as the verbal answers provided, and also through their case files, and takes about 3 hours.

PCL-R scores correlate very well with similar items and tests of other traits such as machiavellianism and aggression. In all its considered a very good indicator of psychopathy, which it has to be considering the score obtained has a significant effect on the individuals future.

Sorry didn't mean to send that, I hadn't finished writing my post and didn't even realise it posted :rofl:

Yeah. Every instrument we use across all fields have flaws though. Both in psychology and medicine. That doesn't mean it's not considered valuable, accurate or reliable.

If you were to discredit an instrument because it had a flaw, you'd be left with barely anything.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Still, I am holding a personal grudge against psychological tests and psychology in general :laugh:
Oh original. Yeah, I started this forum weeks ago and you've just copied me.
Reply 87
I scored 11, I don't think this test means much though.
I got 40! I think thats the highest so far here lol :proud:

:nutcase: apprently I'm a psychopath

Spoiler

Original post by Grimm Reaper
I got 40! I think thats the highest so far here lol :proud:

:nutcase: apprently I'm a psychopath

Spoiler

What were your answers?
is that bad...?
oh well, i really wouldnt mind being a psycho ngl, theyre cool!!
This test is for guys only.
Reply 93

Psychopathy. One of the few PDs I actually don't have. :laugh:
26. Although Psychopathy is mostly given a very bad rep from all the shows and media that show it as them all being killers and evil.
I scored 9
Original post by Ciel.
Yeah, I can see what you mean. Still, I am holding a personal grudge against psychological tests and psychology in general :laugh:

Why the personal grudge against psychology? Have you had a bad experience or something?

As a psychology graduate I am here to defend my beloved discipline :love:
I think I've scored the lowest in here... 3
:colondollar:

But I think I am the anti-psychopath. I have too much empathy, I feel guilty about any thing, I never risk seek, I'm neurotic, have little self-belief etc etc.
Reply 98
Why the personal grudge against psychology? Have you had a bad experience or something?

As a psychology graduate I am here to defend my beloved discipline :love:

Yep. But my grudge is mostly focused on psychiatry, not psychology I guess. Still, I dislike both.
Original post by TheReader
What were your answers?

Can't remember lol :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest