The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Har_en signs extension with Houston 4 years 118 mil, just slightly less than Conley extrapolating

Had to rep for being one of the few people able to spell his name correctly
Reply 521
Then kindly GTFO. Your kind is not welcome here.
K thx for your opinion. Bye.
[video="youtube;CvqPEiJ4DYc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvqPEiJ4DYc[/video]

My foolish self posted this in the wrong thread 😂 Can't wait for the rematch though! Not sure when the last time two teams faced each other in 3 consecutive Finals but next year is gonna be the one 👌🏾
Original post by alexschmalex

My foolish self posted this in the wrong thread 😂 Can't wait for the rematch though! Not sure when the last time two teams faced each other in 3 consecutive Finals but next year is gonna be the one 👌🏾

Just took a look, it's actually never happened before lol. But don't sleep on the Spurs :colone:
There's talk of Cavs wanting to make a move for Boogie Cousins, that would definately make things interesting looking at the Warriors rivarly!
Reply 526
Original post by tomekplnd
There's talk of Cavs wanting to make a move for Boogie Cousins, that would definately make things interesting looking at the Warriors rivarly!

Boogie to Cavs?! Hell yeah man that'd be ****ing sick, best big man in the NBA :biggrin:
Original post by eden3
Boogie to Cavs?! Hell yeah man that'd be ****ing sick, best big man in the NBA :biggrin:

Especially with Mozgov gone now, Lakers I think. Boogie does have some anger issues though needs to calm down haha.
Reply 528
Especially with Mozgov gone now, Lakers I think. Boogie does have some anger issues though needs to calm down haha.

Yeah his only criticism is that he sometimes loses his cool but to be fair he had a poor relationship with George Karl in Sacramento, and rightly so (George Karl tried to get him traded).

But honestly Coach Lue seems like the perfect couch for Boogie. He comes off as a no-nonsense type of guy who will tell you how it is without sugarcoating things but still have your respect at the same time.
Original post by eden3
Yeah his only criticism is that he sometimes loses his cool but to be fair he had a poor relationship with George Karl in Sacramento, and rightly so (George Karl tried to get him traded).

But honestly Coach Lue seems like the perfect couch for Boogie. He comes off as a no-nonsense type of guy who will tell you how it is without sugarcoating things but still have your respect at the same time.

Only real way for the Cavs to get hold of Boogie would be trading Love and I'm not sure they are prepared to do that.
Reply 530
Only real way for the Cavs to get hold of Boogie would be trading Love and I'm not sure they are prepared to do that.

I have no idea how Cavs feel about that but if I were them I'd do it in a heartbeat!
Reply 531
jheeeeeeze manlike D Russ yh

[video="youtube;GEgGxHmVOPA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEgGxHmVOPA[/video]
Original post by eden3
jheeeeeeze manlike d russ yh

[video="youtube;geggxhmvopa"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geggxhmvopa[/video]

ice in his veins!!!
Reply 533
ice in his veins!!!

Haha! :biggrin: What team do you support (if you support one :tongue:)?
Original post by eden3
Haha! :biggrin: What team do you support (if you support one :tongue:)?

To be honest don't really have a team, what about you?
Although I loved watching the Trail Blazers last year in the play-offs. The Lillard & McCollum duo I feel will be good next year, now they also added Ezeli and managed to hold Crabbe.
Reply 536
To be honest don't really have a team, what about you?

Ah fair enough :smile: Lakers fan here (spare me the humiliation lol) :tongue:

Although I loved watching the Trail Blazers last year in the play-offs. The Lillard & McCollum duo I feel will be good next year, now they also added Ezeli and managed to hold Crabbe.

Yeah man for sure, I think we can all safely say Blazers definitely surpassed expectations last year. They had a brand new team with the exception of Lillard and CJ (who had been getting hardly any minutes in the previous seasons) but they shocked everyone by making the playoffs and getting to the 2nd round (I know, injured CP3 and Blake, but still).

To me Lillard and McCollum are the 2nd best backcourt in the NBA behind Steph and Klay (you could make a case for Lowry and DeRozan but it's a close one).
Original post by eden3
Ah fair enough :smile: Lakers fan here (spare me the humiliation lol) :tongue:

Yeah man for sure, I think we can all safely say Blazers definitely surpassed expectations last year. They had a brand new team with the exception of Lillard and CJ (who had been getting hardly any minutes in the previous seasons) but they shocked everyone by making the playoffs and getting to the 2nd round (I know, injured CP3 and Blake, but still).

To me Lillard and McCollum are the 2nd best backcourt in the NBA behind Steph and Klay (you could make a case for Lowry and DeRozan but it's a close one).

Hmm you have gotten some nice additions like Mozgov and Deng which can definately help Lakers step up, and obviously Ingram the rookie, which I haven't really seen so can't comment but being a top 3 pick he can't be too bad haha. However still I don't think it will be enough for a playoff place in a difficult western conference.

Regarding the Blazers, I do hope that the last season's experience will help them carry over, they might become my team after all aha!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 538
Hmm you have gotten some nice additions like Mozgov and Deng which can definately help Lakers step up, and obviously Ingram the rookie, which I haven't really seen so can't comment but being a top 3 pick he can't be too bad haha. However still I don't think it will be enough for a playoff place in a difficult western conference.

Regarding the Blazers, I do hope that the last season's experience will help them carry over, they might become my team after all aha!

Yeah I'm a huge fan of Ingram, he's such a versatile scorer and is a nice shot-blocker too if you take a look at his college highlights. As for Mozgov and Deng, I mean I guess Deng will provide some veteran leadership and the only big positive for Mozgov is that he can help Ingram on defense when bigger players decide to abuse Ingram's thin frame. Other than that I can't see these guys making a significant contribution, I really wanted someone who would have a a noticeable impact straight away :frown: Just gotta pray we somehow get Westbrook next season I guess.

Yeah Portland is on the rise :wink: Ezeli was a nice pick up. And I really hope they give Shabazz Napier some minutes (don't know if you're familiar with him), I feel like his talent is going to waste.

Goodbye to the living legend Tim Duncan! First time I ever knew the NBA existed outside of Michael Jordan was when I read about him winning MVP back in 2002, dude has been pure class through everything in his professional and personal life 👏🏾

Quick Reply

Latest