The Student Room Group

I have this double standard and I know it's wrong

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A321
This is pretty much every other muslim guy lol. **** attitude.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Angry Bird
not cool.

Original post by Jenx301
Hypocrite.

Original post by Anonymous
You're ****ing disgusting.

Original post by maggie43
Lol then you cheat on her....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Napp
Good luck finding someone waiting for marriage mate, this is the west and the 21st century people are doing a bit of hanky panky in clubs, cars, night clubs, planes, shopping malls etc. i.e. you're looking for a diamond ina mountain of crystals.

Original post by abcde3237
How old are you OP?

I am a Muslim girl that doesn't wear a scarf and I'm not incredibly religious, I don't pray five times a day but I do fast. I also wear skirts etc but never without tights. If a guy like you tried to suggest marriage to me, I'd probably slap you. What is the point of your prayers if your controlled by your dick as soon as its over? I doubt they are even accepted you are wasting your time even trying it with any conservative Muslim girls.

Haha its the attitude of most guys under all the liberal claptrap they spout
Reply 21
"Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure, and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable."
[Quran 24:26]

Posted from TSR Mobile
ITT 'pious' muslim boys mad that he has fun and gets girls and will (potentially) still end up with a good virgin wife
Just leave religion all together please...
I'm a Muslim guy and I drink, go to nightclubs and do stuff with girls(i.e. grinding). I am also not a virgin and lost my virginity to a random girl who I don't even know the name of. I do follow aspects in the religion such as I do pray most of my prayers(on average 3-4 a day), and I do eat only Halal. I also like researching the religion and gaining more knowledge.

Anyway, as I'm getting older, I'm starting to think of marriage. I really wouldn't like to marry a girl that goes to nightclubs, never mind drinks. And as for the virginity thing, it is extremely important for me that I marry a girl that has not had sex with anyone before(unless special circumstances). I would also much prefer it if she hasn't been involved in any Haram relationships before too(i.e. pre-marital). I would also prefer to marry a Hijabi girl, and have got my eyes on one in particular who doesn't know that I get up to all of this.

I know it is completely a double standard and it is wrong to think like this, but I don't know where to go from here.

I hope u find a pious wife. Repent to Allah. Stop what ur doing. Remember some of the quraish drank and had zina before finding islam, if Allah is willing to forgive them then he will inshallah forgive you.
I do think its incredibly wrong that u want a virgin when ur not a virgin. But at least you know ur wrong. I just hope u find a pious women who wants u :frown:
People like you are pathetic
I mean I don't share your preference, OP, but I don't think there's anything hypocritical about doing one thing and having a preference for others who don't do that thing. If you judge them morally for doing something you do yourself then you're a hypocrite, but that's a different issue.
Reply 27
Original post by HAnwar
"Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure, and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable."
[Quran 24:26]

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I hope u find a pious wife. Repent to Allah. Stop what ur doing. Remember some of the quraish drank and had zina before finding islam, if Allah is willing to forgive them then he will inshallah forgive you.
I do think its incredibly wrong that u want a virgin when ur not a virgin. But at least you know ur wrong. I just hope u find a pious women who wants u :frown:

To be honest, I have been going to clubs much less in the past few months and have therefore also been drinking much less. It is getting really repetitive and boring now. Ever since I lost my virginity, I have realised that these girls in the clubs really aren't worth it.

As for the virginity thing, I am starting to be more open minded about that too. But it's just the fact that your wife has done it with someone else before, which is just a sickening feeling. I don't think that should be much of a worry as I know most Muslim girls remain a virgin until after marriage. And I know that this girl is.
To be honest, I have been going to clubs much less in the past few months and have therefore also been drinking much less. It is getting really repetitive and boring now. Ever since I lost my virginity, I have realised that these girls in the clubs really aren't worth it.

As for the virginity thing, I am starting to be more open minded about that too. But it's just the fact that your wife has done it with someone else before, which is just a sickening feeling. I don't think that should be much of a worry as I know most Muslim girls remain a virgin until after marriage. And I know that this girl is.

Good for you. I'm proud! The best way to stop sinning is to reduce the time your doing that sin. Which is what your doing
Good for you. I'm proud! The best way to stop sinning is to reduce the time your doing that sin. Which is what your doing

Yes, it's not only that too. I've just lost interested in clubbing I guess. I mean I'm going into final year university next year so I guess it is just a phase thing.

As for the virginity thing, I was actually quite shocked at myself as I never thought I'd do such a thing before University started. Never mind that, I never thought I'd go in a club, never mind drink.
Some women want a man who has a lot of money whereas guys generally don't care about the woman's wealth, everyone has double standards. Life isn't about saving up your goodboy points and guilt tripping women, life is about taking what you want. At the same time, you should be better at not dehumanising people based on their past.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm a Muslim guy and I drink, go to nightclubs and do stuff with girls(i.e. grinding). I am also not a virgin and lost my virginity to a random girl who I don't even know the name of. I do follow aspects in the religion such as I do pray most of my prayers(on average 3-4 a day), and I do eat only Halal. I also like researching the religion and gaining more knowledge.

Anyway, as I'm getting older, I'm starting to think of marriage. I really wouldn't like to marry a girl that goes to nightclubs, never mind drinks. And as for the virginity thing, it is extremely important for me that I marry a girl that has not had sex with anyone before(unless special circumstances). I would also much prefer it if she hasn't been involved in any Haram relationships before too(i.e. pre-marital). I would also prefer to marry a Hijabi girl, and have got my eyes on one in particular who doesn't know that I get up to all of this.

I know it is completely a double standard and it is wrong to think like this, but I don't know where to go from here.

badman

wow the best way to stop sinning is to stop sinning deep advice blud

You'll ruin her life. Leave her alone. Why ruin her life? You deserve someone of your own cheating character. Virginity is something special and she's saved it for someone special..not you. I can already tell you'll use and abuse her. You have to take things slowly..its hardly fair that shes worked so much harder than you to stay on the straight path- frankly she deserves far better. There are plenty of promiscuous muslim hijabi types out there.

She saved herself for her future husband- someone special and if you couldn't do the same for your wife..then you're not compatible. Honestly you make me sick.
You know you're wrong but still pursue it. Can you get any lower?
Is she okay with your past? Kinda feel bad for her tbh.

Ofcourse not. He wont tell her obviously...He's a dishonest, liar and cheat who has no morals.
Reply 38

Patheticcc. :h:
Reply 39
Guys we all know OP is in the wrong for having the mentality he does, but if you're not going to offer anything constructive then don't just come on here to insult him and call him names. That's childish and not helping out anyone.

As for you, OP, it's not okay for you to do all that stuff then expect to be with a perfectly religious girl. It's one or the other.

Either you practice your religion in a devout manner and expect your future wife to be the same, or you carry on with the lifestyle you have and be brutally honest with any future potential wife you come across, and be ok with her having done the same things you've done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending