The Student Room Group

Why is life so unfair?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kelefi
OP being a 'nice guy' just isnt enough in this world. So there are 2 paths you can take to what your idea of 'success' is. The first path is the short path down a well made road that'll lead you to a comfortable little pub with nice barstools and some quality beer. But after you've had your few pints, you realise you've got no money left, and nowhere to go and nowhere to stay. The first path is changing into a sh***y guy. Then there's the second path. The second path is a hike up a mountain, in terrible weather, but this path will lead you to heaven itself. This is the path of a great man.

Change yourself into a great man OP. Work out and get fit, lose all the fat. Fix up your diet while you're at it. Go out, go to clubs, go to pubs, meet up with some friends. Doesn't matter how superficial they are, you'll run into someone like yourself soon enough. And eventually you'll get a group of great people. Eventually you'll run into that great girl, and have a great life.

Just think about what happens to those bad guys. It's not a happy end for them. Their partner leaves them, or they get stuck in an unhappy marriage where they end up as deadbeat dads whose children detest them.

I know it can be depressing at times, there will be days when you just think 'Im a failure, there's no point in going on anymore'. Push through those days. Just keep pushing through, and at some point you will realise that you've become a great man.

I don't see the light at the end of tunnel. Karma really doesn't exist. Forget the degenerates and bad boy types..I mean the jerks/ *** hole types. They get successful, have a comfortable life and I can almost guarantee life will never hit them in the face. One of my mates never gets hang overs so he can party 5 days a week and nail assignments at uni whilst my other friends cant and the off chance they do go out mid week..they do badly in their papers. Get the gist?
Just be a tw*t then. Humans are selfish and cruel animals anyway.
Original post by SophieSmall
Found the problem.

You're too intent on blaming anyone else than taking any responsibility for yourself so instead you're a "victim"

Get over yourself and get a grip.

If a girl doesn't like you it's not because you're a "nice guy" grow up and chuck this attitude out the window. It's repulsive and unattractive.

Its an observation. Calm down. So some how I'm victim blaming and "moaning" as you put it when I'm genuinely asking for advice as at whit's end and if I cant fix this i'll probably have to go for a long walk and not come back. Its a mixture of everything. I cant deal with being horrid however it seems being horrid is the only way to succeed. I have never expressed these views or opinions to anyone...the very idea that I have to be anon on a student forum should speak volumes- these are not views I share with people or show as emotions.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Just be a tw*t then. Humans are selfish and cruel animals anyway.

That's the problem! I have never been once been self-fish. I cant bring myself to do it. I've never neglected anyone. Its just my personality/ trait. Its bringing me down. I don't know how to change this.
Original post by Anonymous
Its an observation. Calm down. So some how I'm victim blaming and "moaning" as you put it when I'm genuinely asking for advice as at whit's end and if I cant fix this i'll probably have to go for a long walk and not come back. Its a mixture of everything. I cant deal with being horrid however it seems being horrid is the only way to succeed. I have never expressed these views or opinions to anyone...the very idea that I have to be anon on a student forum should speak volumes- these are not views I share with people or show as emotions.

Lol what? I never said you were victim blaming. I said you're making yourself out to be a victim. You're not a victim mate.

Yes you are moaning, because you don't seem to want to take much advice on board. You seem to want to blame everyone and everything else. Blaming your religion or blaming women, it's nonsense. You're in control of your life, no one else.

Being horrid is so obviously to any well rounded, healthy minded individual not the "only way to succeed". Again you're looking for something to blame and an excuse instead of taking responsibility for yourself.

Like I said, if you're not happy with your life change it. Stop blaming everything and everyone around you.
Why is life so cruel to white knights? The good guys..The heros? I'm talking about jobs, education, women the whole lot.

Whenever I see a guy referring to himself as a 'white knight' or 'nice guy' or some variation of thereof I cringe
That's the problem! I have never been once been self-fish. I cant bring myself to do it. I've never neglected anyone. Its just my personality/ trait. Its bringing me down. I don't know how to change this.

Just try to care less (obviously without becoming careless) and try to make yourself a little motto which you can stick to. something along the lines of: what is the worse that can happen or things never turn out as bad as you think. Trust me, I used to be like you, then I discovered that most people genuinely do not care about anyone but themselves, no matter how much they may try and show that they care (which is usually for their own good, increased reputation etc.) Become more like this guy.

Lol what? I never said you were victim blaming. I said you're making yourself out to be a victim. You're not a victim mate.

Yes you are moaning, because you don't seem to want to take much advice on board. You seem to want to blame everyone and everything else. Blaming your religion or blaming women, it's nonsense. You're in control of your life, no one else.

Being horrid is so obviously to any well rounded, healthy minded individual not the "only way to succeed". Again you're looking for something to blame and an excuse instead of taking responsibility for yourself.

Like I said, if you're not happy with your life change it. Stop blaming everything and everyone around you.

lool okay then. Thanks. problem sorted now :smile:
Reply 48
You're in control of your life, no one else.

Just try to care less (obviously without becoming careless) and try to make yourself a little motto which you can stick to. something along the lines of: what is the worse that can happen or things never turn out as bad as you think. Trust me, I used to be like you, then I discovered that most people genuinely do not care about anyone but themselves, no matter how much they may try and show that they care (which is usually for their own good, increased reputation etc.) Become more like this guy.

Sometimes life doesnt go your way. it is not only what you put out. Astrology can play a key role in deciding your fate. Neither effort or astrology can 100% decide fate though.

How long did it take you? It cant be just a switch you hit and perceptions change over night..surely not.
Reply 50

As I said earlier to the other persons, sometimes you cant get what you want no matter how hard you try and its because some things arent meant to be.
Reply 51
Why is life so cruel to white knights? The good guys..The heros? I'm talking about jobs, education, women the whole lot.

There's a big difference between heroes and white knights. People actually respect heroes. Women love heroes. Brave and sexy soldiers etc etc (who wouldn't). Internet white knights are usually whiny pussies with a superiority complex :giggle:
Original post by Ciel.
There's a big difference between heroes and white knights. People actually respect heroes. Women love heroes. Brave and sexy soldiers etc etc (who wouldn't). Internet white knights are usually whiny pussies with a superiority complex :giggle:

Not to mention why on earth does OP think he is a hero, or compare himself to one enough to mention them in a thread about life being unfair to him.
How long did it take you? It cant be just a switch you hit and perceptions change over night..surely not.

No it can be a gradual thing, soon enough though the people around you will get the message that you don't really care what they think and that they ever get along with you or they get the f*ck out of your life. Weirdly enough this will earn you much more respect from those around you and you will be able to build stronger bonds, than when you were 'the nice guy'. Weird messed up human psychology I suppose.
Reply 54
Not to mention why on earth does OP think he is a hero, or compare himself to one enough to mention them in a thread about life being unfair to him.

Original post by Ciel.

No it can be a gradual thing, soon enough though the people around you will get the message that you don't really care what they think and that they ever get along with you or they get the f*ck out of your life. Weirdly enough this will earn you much more respect from those around you and you will be able to build stronger bonds, than when you were 'the nice guy'. Weird messed up human psychology I suppose.

Why do so many undeserving people get so much but so many deserving people get nothing? Why is life like that? Astrology
Reply 55

But I'm getting a very mild Elliot Rodger vibe from him. Someone save him before it's too late.
Original post by Rispekt
Why do so many undeserving people get so much but so many deserving people get nothing? Why is life like that? Astrology

Lol...okay. :h:
Original post by Ciel.

But I'm getting a very mild Elliot Rodger vibe from him. Someone save him before it's too late.

He'll never change until he acknowledges his attitude is the problem, not the people around him.
Reply 58
He'll never change until he acknowledges his attitude is the problem, not the people around him.

True. :s-smilie:

Its a general opener. Never compared myself to being a white knight or hero. I assume you take great pleasure in being bitter.

Quick Reply

Latest