The Student Room Group

Why is life so unfair?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by SophieSmall
Lol...okay. :h:

Its the truth and you need to accept it instead of saying lol. Your life could be better right now
Original post by Anonymous
Its a general opener. Never compared myself to being a white knight or hero. I assume you take great pleasure in being bitter.

It's a pretty standard conclusion to come to, when someone makes a thread about life being unfair to them and a certain group of people that they probably see themselves as one or more of those groups.

Bitter about what? :') Quite happy thanks, just waiting for the dryer to finish its cycle so I can go to bed.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
No it can be a gradual thing, soon enough though the people around you will get the message that you don't really care what they think and that they ever get along with you or they get the f*ck out of your life. Weirdly enough this will earn you much more respect from those around you and you will be able to build stronger bonds, than when you were 'the nice guy'. Weird messed up human psychology I suppose.

Probably best bit of advice I've heard so far. All the rest are generic internet answers. Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Rispekt
Its the truth and you need to accept it instead of saying lol. Your life could be better right now

My life's pretty good thanks. A pseudoscience isn't going to change anything for me, but thanks anyway.
Life is neither here nor there, it's not objectively good or bad or fair or unfair. Life promises nothing to us so we aren't in a position to call it 'unfair'.

Life is and always will be what you make of it.
Reply 65
My life's pretty good thanks. A pseudoscience isn't going to change anything for me, but thanks anyway.

If thats what you want to believe then go ahead. We all have areas we can improve on but your life seems perfect I guess.
Probably best bit of advice I've heard so far. All the rest are generic internet answers. Thank you! :smile:

No problem Mr Anonymous, inbox me if you need anything.
Reply 67
Original post by Inexorably

Life is and always will be what you make of it.

Not always. Life is unfair to us a lot of times. Why do people get different set of opportunities. Would the person with more opportunities mean he is better/tried harder at life? Astrology can be an important factor in deciding fate.
Original post by Rispekt
If thats what you want to believe then go ahead. We all have areas we can improve on but your life seems perfect I guess.

*know.

Never said perfect. But improvement in my life can only come from me....not by the configuration of the stars in the sky. :lol:
Reply 69
*know.

Never said perfect. But improvement in my life can only come from me....not by the configuration of the stars in the sky. :lol:

You are laughing because you havent experienced it. How can you just shrug it off as nonsense without trying it. Your thought seems ridiculous
Some of the replies on this thread are so ignorant :colonhash:
Original post by Rispekt
You are laughing because you havent experienced it. How can you just shrug it off as nonsense without trying it. Your thought seems ridiculous

Probably because I'm educated enough to know astrology is complete and utter nonsense with absolutely no scientific backing and to seriously live your life by it is illogical and frankly ludicrous.
It's a pretty standard conclusion to come to, when someone makes a thread about life being unfair to them and a certain group of people that they probably see themselves as one or more of those groups.

Bitter about what? :':wink: Quite happy thanks, just waiting for the dryer to finish its cycle so I can go to bed.

Lol don't be delusional mate you're hateful - not a single bit of constructive advice was given by you.In all honesty I believed life had been unfair to me given that life was perfect until about the year before last when my mum got cancer and only has 50% chance of living for the next 5 years, my girlfriend started being abusive and then left, I failed my exams- ruining my chances of getting in anywhere good- destroying my confidence and turning me into a door mat. Obviously I was out of line to ask for some help/advice on an internet forum. Yep, sorry my bad. I don't think I changed much but quite clearly I have because things are completely different now. Having religion forced down my throat and being told the reason my mum was ill was because I was neglecting my heritage... I tried doing the right things and play by the book and got burnt.
Original post by Rispekt
Not always. Life is unfair to us a lot of times. Why do people get different set of opportunities. Would the person with more opportunities mean he is better/tried harder at life? Astrology can be an important factor in deciding fate.

Life itself is not being 'unfair', there is nothing about the definition of life which says one must have X amount of opportunities.

Everything is pure chance.
Lol don't be delusional mate you're hateful - not a single bit of constructive advice was given by you.In all honesty I believed life had been unfair to me given that life was perfect until about the year before last when my mum got cancer and only has 50% chance of living for the next 5 years, my girlfriend started being abusive and then left, I failed my exams- ruining my chances of getting in anywhere good- destroying my confidence and turning me into a door mat. Obviously I was out of line to ask for some help/advice on an internet forum. Yep, sorry my bad. I don't think I changed much but quite clearly I have because things are completely different now. Having religion forced down my throat and being told the reason my mum was ill was because I was neglecting my heritage... I tried doing the right things and play by the book and got burnt.

Just ignore her. I just wish some people would show the slightest empathy and kindness. Im glad that you tried to reach out for help as its better than sitting there with your emotions and feelings bottled up. People think its so easy to "change your life". Its easier said than done.
(edited 7 years ago)
Why is life so cruel to white knights? The good guys..The heros? I'm talking about jobs, education, women the whole lot.

you either force yourself to get up and fight for everything
or
you have a rather bad existence
Reply 76
Probably because I'm educated enough to know astrology is complete and utter nonsense with absolutely no scientific backing and to seriously live your life by it is illogical and frankly ludicrous.

Exactly. You follow other people. Not all things need scientific backing. Things have existed just fine before science existed. Im not saying live your life by it...You cant live your life by it. But you can detect the strengths and the weaknesses in your horoscope and then act on it
My God you can all go on *****ing about how supposedly "unfair" life is to you somehow or you can change your perspective and quit your whining.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Some of the replies on this thread are so ignorant :colonhash:

Not ignorant just cold heartless people that enjoy attacking posters that are quite clearly feeling low/down to make themselves feel better. I expected as much. Thanks for being supportive though.
Original post by Rispekt
Exactly. You follow other people. Not all things need scientific backing. Things have existed just fine before science existed. Im not saying live your life by it...You cant live your life by it. But you can detect the strengths and the weaknesses in your horoscope and then act on it

what

Quick Reply

Latest