The Student Room Group

Why is life so unfair?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rispekt
By science I meant the study of science. You knew what I said you just like to pretend you did english at uni

Then you'd have been wrong for saying "things were fine before science"....well actually before science the average human lifespan was very short and we were dropping like flies from disease.

Anyway, this is derailing OP's thread so that's enough on this subject for me.
Original post by Rispekt
So you are saying that nothing physical matters because it will always depend on your viewpoint? Then why are you doing anything. Just think everything will be alright and stop working or studying

Well done for putting words into my mouth and misinterpreting the message.

But if you wanted to stop working and studying and it would make you happy, then it'd be entirely your choice to do so.

That's the beauty of life, everything is optional and you can leave at any time.
Original post by SophieSmall
Then you'd have been wrong for saying "things were fine before science"....well actually before science the average human lifespan was very short and we were dropping like flies from disease.

Anyway, this is derailing OP's thread so that's enough on this subject for me.

Oh yeah dont mention all the bombings and gunnings and killings going on because of science and dont mention all the drugs and whatnot that got created because of science. Just mention the good bits about science.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
People think they are so clever by pointing out the obvious "if your life is miserable then change your attitude" like wow do you not think OP knows that already? Like it really pisses me off when people cant give a piece of useful advice and be even the slightest empathetic and offer some real help??? If for example your parent died and I said "oh well its your fault you're sad because of your attitude" how do you think it would make you feel? PLEASE try and be a little bit kinder or say nothing at all. The OP just wants someone to listen to him and be there for him and maybe offer something he can do but you all are so hurtful! It really makes me sad to see this kind of behaviour.

To be fair OP was incredibly vague and appeared to just be complaining about jobs, education and women. And for those things yes the attitude the OP was displaying such "all women have twisted minds" (his words) does need to change, because he is literally hurting himself by having such a ridiculous outlook.

Same can be said for changing things in their life. Complaining about something gets you nowhere if you're not also doing something to change it.

As for the illness he didn't mention that until long after his posts about women, there was clearly no way we could have known about that. And that is of course a completely different story to women and jobs.

I stand by what I said for the information I had at the time.

If OP wants better advice they should be more specific in what they need help with rather than expecting us to guess his life situation and then getting mad when we give vague answers.
Original post by Rispekt
Oh yeah dont mention all the bombings and gunnings and killings going on because of science and dont mention all the drugs and whatnot that got created because of science. Just mention the good bits about science.

Typical bait when I've just said I won't talk further about it on this thread. :rolleyes:

If you want to talk about that, then fine PM me but I'm not derailing this thread further with your nonsense.
Original post by Inexorably
Well done for putting words into my mouth and misinterpreting the message.

But if you wanted to stop working and studying and it would make you happy, then it'd be entirely your choice to do so.

That's the beauty of life, everything is optional and you can leave at any time.

What was the message then?
Original post by Anonymous
I was starting to doubt myself and whether its me or this world and whether I need to become colder/ clinical like the rest of guys I know. Do you think I can still succeed and be me? (I know this is naïve but I value everyone's opinion).

Yes, yes you can, and yes 100 times.
I was in your case a few years ago, I tried to become someone else and it did not work, then I just realised how far I can go by myself in that world, if I keep up on being myself

Being yourself is very important, especially the way you described yourself. Trust me, really please trust me I know what I am talking about. Don't change for people who are not worth it and show that ****ing world that you are born to be a legend. Convince yourself, and you're half the way :smile:
Original post by Rispekt
What was the message then?

That you always have the final say on how you feel, not that "nothing physical matters" - of course if an event like your father's death happened, it would affect you in some way, likewise if one were in poverty or in warfare etc., but you always get the final say on how you feel about the situation.
Original post by Rispekt
No one said you are entitled to anything. But if everyone starts from 0 and everyone puts the same efforts, why do some people get further than others. If you put in effort and you dont succeed while others dont put in efforts and do succeed it defeats what you're trying to say doesnt it. The person that tries harder here should be succeeding but the opposite happens

People who are denying this statement is just lying to themselves..There's a reason why private schools have higher percentage of successful applicants getting to Oxbridge than public schools. But this isn't the basis of my argument.
Original post by SophieSmall
Typical bait when I've just said I won't talk further about it on this thread. :rolleyes:

If you want to talk about that, then fine PM me but I'm not derailing this thread further with your nonsense.

You made a one sided point then expect people not to comment on it. But lets not talk further. What I initially said was you cant simply label it as fake without experiencing it especially since it doesnt cost you to experience it but your beliefs are your beliefs. If it didnt work billions of people wouldnt believe in it.
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Yes, yes you can, and yes 100 times.
I was in your case a few years ago, I tried to become someone else and it did not work, then I just realised how far I can go by myself in that world, if I keep up on being myself

Being yourself is very important, especially the way you described yourself. Trust me, really please trust me I know what I am talking about. Don't change for people who are not worth it and show that ****ing world that you are born to be a legend. Convince yourself, and you're half the way :smile:

Did you go through this low phase? I just want this to stop- I want things to go back to normal and start getting good again. It makes me really depressed. Did it work out for you? Do you get pushed about?
Did you go through this low phase? I just want this to stop- I want things to go back to normal and start getting good again. It makes me really depressed. Did it work out for you? Do you get pushed about?

Yes I did. A lot of people did not believe in me because my views about the world were too different (literally I was that "never give up person" ) and everyone else was like "be more realistic"
"You're too lunatic"
"Such a dreamer"
"Too kind for your own good"
Etc etc..

What now ?
"You were right all the time" they said :h:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Yes I did. A lot of people did not believe in me because my views about the world were too different (literally I was that "never give up person" ) and everyone else was like "be more realistic"
"You're too lunatic"
"Such a dreamer"
"Too kind for your own good"
Etc etc..

What now ?
"You were right all the time" they said :h:

Such an inspiration. You better be real! :wink:.
Such an inspiration. You better be real! :wink:.

What do you mean :frown: don't you believe in unicorns :frown:
<3
Charity starts at home. And by that i mean, you have to look at yourself to change things you can, before beginning to address things that, for the moment at least, seem out of reach. btw i am sorry about your mum, if that is true. What kind of melanoma does she have?
(edited 7 years ago)
fixed
Original post by john2054
Charity starts at home. And by that i mean, you have to look at yourself to change things you can, before beginning to address things that, for the moment at least, seem out of reach. btw i am sorry about your mum, if that is true. What kind of melanoma does she have?

Why would I make that up? I know there are a few sick ****s on TSR but that's low. Breast Cancer.
Why would I make that up? I know there are a few sick ****s on TSR but that's low. Breast Cancer.

I'm sorry about that. Try spending more time with her, and less on tsr okay? And maybe you need to think about getting to bed??
Natural selection.

Quick Reply

Latest