The Student Room Group

Pharmacy dilemma

After failing a module exam at university, i wanted to know what other routes are there with pursuing my degree and wanted the help of anyone in a situation like mine.
I am in my third year and have been told to leave the course with an exit award after failing a resit exam again. My only option i would consider is transferring and finishing at another pharmacy school. Does anybody know if this is possible?
I have already put an appeal into this decision as i am not happy with the way i have been treated by the university and this decision. Which i have further reasons for.
I do want to finish my degree and become a pharmacist its sad that after 27,000 pounds and 3 years of your life spent on a course the university makes these drastic decisions...
Any help would be appreciated
Original post by martialartist123
After failing a module exam at university, i wanted to know what other routes are there with pursuing my degree and wanted the help of anyone in a situation like mine.
I am in my third year and have been told to leave the course with an exit award after failing a resit exam again. My only option i would consider is transferring and finishing at another pharmacy school. Does anybody know if this is possible?
I have already put an appeal into this decision as i am not happy with the way i have been treated by the university and this decision. Which i have further reasons for.
I do want to finish my degree and become a pharmacist its sad that after 27,000 pounds and 3 years of your life spent on a course the university makes these drastic decisions...
Any help would be appreciated

Have you asked them whether they would let you repeat 3rd year?
Original post by thegodofgod
Have you asked them whether they would let you repeat 3rd year?

My exam is a resit from second year. I did ask but they said i can no longer study on the course and gave no option for me to even do the year again.
Considering you've come so far into your education and then for the university to tell you to leave is a bit harsh tbh. Clearly you're an able student having passed year 1 and pretty much year 2 aside the hiccup. Seriously try and convince the university to let you resit the module, it would be such a shame for them to terminate your studies after being so close to the finish line.

I wish you the very best of luck :smile:
Original post by the terminator
Considering you've come so far into your education and then for the university to tell you to leave is a bit harsh tbh. Clearly you're an able student having passed year 1 and pretty much year 2 aside the hiccup. Seriously try and convince the university to let you resit the module, it would be such a shame for them to terminate your studies after being so close to the finish line.

I wish you the very best of luck :smile:

Thank you very much...

I know i feel the same way. Surely I've put 3 years of hard work, worked in several pharmacies before, i should be allowed another opportunity.
Exactly! I really don't understand even though i passed the module but failed the exam why the uni can't let me continue.

I have had a lot of personal issues which the university probably won't acknowledge. However i progressed into my third year with this trailing second year exam. I didn't even know it was trailing until 1-2 month before exam season when it was on my timetable and failed it because of that.
Well because of that i have have an appeal ongoing at the moment against the boards decision. Ive wrote to them and hopefully they help me out in this situation.
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending