The Student Room Group

Neighbours benefits and council tax

Is there anyway to find out what benefits my neighbours are receiving and what type council tax they are paying - multiple occupation single single occupancy?
Original post by jr0640699
Is there anyway to find out what benefits my neighbours are receiving and what type council tax they are paying - multiple occupation single single occupancy?

You can find out the council tax band but that's it legally really.
Councils/benefit offices etc. won't comment on individual circumstances. The most you'd probably be able to get is a freedom of information request but that would be an anonymous snapshot of the money spent on benefits in your area, not on specific people.
Not really your business is it?
It has nothing to do with you. And no, there's no way the benefits office will be able to tell you private information about other people.
Reply 5
Spying on your neighbour probably isn't going to end well for you...
Knock on and ask them.
Original post by JamesN88
Knock on and ask them.

Good luck with that. LOL
And why do you want to know?
You could break in when they're out and install hidden cameras.

No and there shouldn't be. It is none of your business. Why would you want to know anyway?

If you have any particular concerns about your neighbours then you can raise it with the council.

You need to get some tips from Michael Payne!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50PbTompgB8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending