The Student Room Group

Touchscreen Phone Problem

So my phone was working fine these past few weeks and now recently in the past few days my phone is acting weird.Now whenever I try and press certain letters on the keypad e.g. t,p and v They are unresponsive and dont activate also this problem's got so bad that I cant even click the navigation app to show me all my apps so I essential have to go on playstore and access my apps from there.It's becoming a huge pain as I cant actually type messages due to the fact some letters are unresponsive.The screen seems completely fine,no cracks or water at all...some letters work and others don't.I've got alteast 8GB left from a 8 GB phone (probably more) but I cant access that....

Any advice/solutions @Andy98 @jneill @Gingerbread101
Original post by scrawlx101
So my phone was working fine these past few weeks and now recently in the past few days my phone is acting weird.Now whenever I try and press certain letters on the keypad e.g. t,p and v They are unresponsive and dont activate also this problem's got so bad that I cant even click the navigation app to show me all my apps so I essential have to go on playstore and access my apps from there.It's becoming a huge pain as I cant actually type messages due to the fact some letters are unresponsive.The screen seems completely fine,no cracks or water at all...some letters work and others don't.I've got alteast 8GB left from a 8 GB phone (probably more) but I cant access that....

Any advice/solutions @Gofre @Andy98 @jneill @Gingerbread101

What type of phone is it?
Maybe it needs an update, I'm guessing you've tried turning it off and on again?
Reply 2
Original post by Gingerbread101
What type of phone is it?
Maybe it needs an update, I'm guessing you've tried turning it off and on again?

Its the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6,It's android and updated to its most recent version and yes
Reply 3

Try restoring factory settings and don't forget to back up your data(Maybe use onedrive or dropbox or something) and see if it works
Reply 4

Really not my area of expertise but thanks for the tag! :smile:
Reply 5

Try what potatoo said, but I suspect it's the sensors inside the screen that are knackered. How old is the phone?
Reply 6
Original post by Andy98
Try what potatoo said, but I suspect it's the sensors inside the screen that are knackered. How old is the phone?

less than a year old - only got it for my 18 birthday last year in sept...

I cant do what potato said because I cant even press the button which allows me to display all apps and then press settings.Its unresponsive no matter how many times I press it or where I press it.

Currently acessing apps through the playstore but thats tedious and is limited as i cant access my phone settings (tried to use widgets but there are a limited number of them and none which act as a complete shortcut - im limited to only one aspect of settings e.g. display

@Potatoo - Cant restore factory settings because I cant even access that app/option on my phone.The lower half of my screen is unresponsive
Reply 7
less than a year old - only got it for my 18 birthday last year in sept...

I cant do what potato said because I cant even press the button which allows me to display all apps and then press settings.Its unresponsive no matter how many times I press it or where I press it.

Currently acessing apps through the playstore but thats tedious and is limited as i cant access my phone settings (tried to use widgets but there are a limited number of them and none which act as a complete shortcut - im limited to only one aspect of settings e.g. display

@Potatoo - Cant restore factory settings because I cant even access that app/option on my phone.The lower half of my screen is unresponsive

Can you slide the top bar down? If so you should be able to access settings that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Andy98
Can you slide the top bar down? If so you should be able to access settings that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

good news my phone works well in horizontal/landscape mode and i can type on all the letters but portrait some keys are still unresponsive :frown: Done the factory reset and no diff...
Reply 9
good news my phone works well in horizontal/landscape mode and i can type on all the letters but portrait some keys are still unresponsive :frown: Done the factory reset and no diff...

I think, technically speaking, that's probably knackered.

If it wasn't caused by accidental damage you should contact the retailer and see if they will replace it.
Original post by jneill
I think, technically speaking, that's probably knackered.

If it wasn't caused by accidental damage you should contact the retailer and see if they will replace it.

hopefully
Reply 11

Yeah, that means it's knackered
Original post by Andy98
Yeah, that means it's knackered

so should i go to vodafone and get them to repair it/have a look?
Reply 13

Yep. It's under warranty. They will replace it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending