The Student Room Group

Lockers?

I've never had a locker before, in my sixth form you can rent one, are they worth it? Are you allowed to leave your backpack in it and only take the supplies you need for the certain class? What do you use it for? Sorry if this is a silly question but I've never had one before :smile:
Erm this is probably the strangest question I've ever read. If you want a locker get a locker.
well I think it's worth it unless you have to pay a lot for the locker. It can be quite heavy to be taking all of your textbooks to school everyday, especially when you end up not actually using them. It should be fine to leave your bag in it and only take your books to class as long as you haven't forgotten anything. A lot of people use it to leave their sports kit and the like in it too. Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Erm this is probably the strangest question I've ever read. If you want a locker get a locker.
Ive heard that some schools have a rule to take your bag to class, because you gotta rent one i was curious if people end up actually using theirs. :-)

Original post by BakedPotatoast
well I think it's worth it unless you have to pay a lot for the locker. It can be quite heavy to be taking all of your textbooks to school everyday, especially when you end up not actually using them. It should be fine to leave your bag in it and only take your books to class as long as you haven't forgotten anything. A lot of people use it to leave their sports kit and the like in it too. Hope that helps. :smile:
Good reasons. Thank you :smile:

Original post by LavenderBlueSky88

Original post by BakedPotatoast
I never used my locker, but my school gave lockers to everyone for free.
Reply 5
In my school you get a locker by sticking a padlock on it, you don't even need to take a bag and you can keep anything in there as long as it does not interfere with any other lockers e.g. you can put your computer and bag but not a ham sandwich that has been in there for 10 months.
I never really used mine because I'm too lazy.
whether it's worth it depends on what subjects you do and what you will need... you're in sixth form so won't have a PE kit so think what you would actually keep there, if you take a subject like art/music you could keep things for the subject in there as they could be bulky/heavy, if you are going to have heavy books for a subject you could keep them in your locker...you probably aren't going to want to go to your locker between every class for the sake of not carrying a sandwich and a couple of exercise books though so think if there's anything you would genuinely like to leave
Original post by doodle_333
whether it's worth it depends on what subjects you do and what you will need... you're in sixth form so won't have a PE kit so think what you would actually keep there, if you take a subject like art/music you could keep things for the subject in there as they could be bulky/heavy, if you are going to have heavy books for a subject you could keep them in your locker...you probably aren't going to want to go to your locker between every class for the sake of not carrying a sandwich and a couple of exercise books though so think if there's anything you would genuinely like to leave

I agree.
I suppose it depends on how much they cost to rent as well. If its a reasonable amount then go for it. If its expensive, then dont bother.
I think it depends on how many books you're planning to take, how big your college it etc.

For me personally, I'd get one. My college is huge, and is a while away from the train station - a heavy bag is not a good mix especially in the rain. Plus some colleges give you most/some of the money back. At my college, you rent a locker for £15, and get £10 when you give they key back on the last day :smile:

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending