The Student Room Group

Hospital Work Experience

I am currently in Year 10 and want to approach my local hospital for work experience as I've been told starting early is the best thing to do.Can someone give me help as to what to put on the email ( I would like to go into nursing or medicine in the future).
You just email them saying you would like some work experience and are interested in volunteering for a hospital. And that if they could provide guidance on how to go about with this then that would be great.

They will then send you an application form which you complete either by email or post and send back.

They will then invite you for interview and you will need to take NI, Proof of Residency and passport.

This can all take a while though because there are so many people wanting to volunteer for the NHS.
Hi,

I hope that you are managing to find work experience at your local hospital - we know how hard it can be! If you would like any help or advice on the application process of applying to medical school and how to make the best of your work experience you can download our free copy of 'Getting into Medical School' which is full of helpful hints and tips: http://www.gapmedics.co.uk/downloads/

We can also help with organising high-quality hospital work experience overseas to really make your application and interviews stand out. You can find out more at www.gapmedics.co.uk or drop us an email on [email protected] :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by Gap Medics
Hi,

I hope that you are managing to find work experience at your local hospital - we know how hard it can be! If you would like any help or advice on the application process of applying to medical school and how to make the best of your work experience you can download our free copy of 'Getting into Medical School' which is full of helpful hints and tips: http://www.gapmedics.co.uk/downloads/

We can also help with organising high-quality hospital work experience overseas to really make your application and interviews stand out. You can find out more at www.gapmedics.co.uk or drop us an email on [email protected] :smile:

Good luck!

Hi,
Is there any websites where you can find medical work experience ?
Original post by nisha.sri
Hi,
Is there any websites where you can find medical work experience ?

Hi - if you visit www.gapmedics.co.uk you will be able to find out all of the information that you need about getting involved with our medical work experience programmes.

Lauren

Quick Reply

Latest