The Student Room Group

A-level Insight days 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ___Sophie___
I'm hoping to apply to some insight days this year. I'm starting S5 which is the Scottish equivalent to year 12. What do the application processes for these days involve? and is there a certain criteria you are expected to meet? My lack of impressive extra curricular activities worry me, although I am planning on fixing that over the next couple of years. Will there be online tests? or interviews over the phone?

CV + application questions/cover letter mostly.

Worry when you get rejected, you still have a whole school year to get involved with stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
CV + application questions/cover letter mostly.

Worry when you get rejected, you still have a whole school year to get involved with stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah ok thank you
When does RBS open? What time did it open last year?
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
When does RBS open? What time did it open last year?

1. chill, 2. it opens when it opens, if it's not open by end of July assume that they aren't running it this year.

Last year I sent my app around end of july for a early-mid August time slot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. chill, 2. it opens when it opens, if it's not open by end of July assume that they aren't running it this year.

Last year I sent my app around end of july for a early-mid August time slot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks

Got JP Morgan Insight a couple of weeks ago but realised I cant make it now :frown:
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
Thanks

Got JP Morgan Insight a couple of weeks ago but realised I cant make it now :frown:

Eh, at least you got it :smile: It's not crucial to attend anyway
Eh, at least you got it :smile: It's not crucial to attend anyway

Yeh thanks :smile:

Heard RBS and Credit Suisse are the best ones as they are the only ones that can get you fast tracked!

And hopefully once we're at Warwick more opportunties will arise!
Reply 347
Hey have you received a confirmation email for the forms we had to sign and send to JPM? I sent them last Thursday but haven't got a confirmation yet :/
Original post by IBerrr
Hey have you received a confirmation email for the forms we had to sign and send to JPM? I sent them last Thursday but haven't got a confirmation yet :/

I got a confirmation after chasing them for one. They said that we'd hear about the travel arrangements soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 349
Don't think I'll be able to make it to JPM's insight day next Friday; their travel agreement covers flights but not rail journeys 👎🏼
Original post by Namra04
Don't think I'll be able to make it to JPM's insight day next Friday; their travel agreement covers flights but not rail journeys 👎🏼

It covers Rail too, you just phone up instead. Did you not read the policy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 351
Oh they do cover rail journeys too, my apologies! I'll give them a ring tomorrow, but why would they set up an interview for just booking a journey? I guess I'll find out tomorrow, thanks anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you received an email from them about booking the travel yet?
Original post by Namra04
Oh they do cover rail journeys too, my apologies! I'll give them a ring tomorrow, but why would they set up an interview for just booking a journey? I guess I'll find out tomorrow, thanks anyways.

It's not an interview, the word interview is used because that's when they usually have to reimburse travel.*
Original post by Azzer11
Have you received an email from them about booking the travel yet?

Nope, emailed them to get some feedback but nothing so far.
Received the travel profile email from JPM this morning :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 356
My JPM status remained on Application Recieved haha, are they ever going tell me I didn't get on?

I'm convinced my application was too strong and the fact I already knew employees was unfair :h:😂😂
Reply 357
Original post by iBall
My JPM status remained on Application Recieved haha, are they ever going tell me I didn't get on?

I'm convinced my application was too strong and the fact I already knew employees was unfair :h:😂😂

Mate you are some teenager and they are a trillion dollar company. Doubt you were too good.
loool
Reply 359
Original post by flairs
Mate you are some teenager and they are a trillion dollar company. Doubt you were too good.

The emoji's at the end are meant to represent my sarcasm bud - Spring Weeks/Summer Internships will be a new ball game though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending