The Student Room Group

Conservative Leadership Contest 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

I wonder how she'll put this on her CV...

"In charge of helping the Conservatives find a new leader, played a pivotal role in implementing the swift integration of a new PM, 9 weeks before scheduled completion"
May has won the leadership contest by default . as Leadsom has Pulled out

May will also take over from David Cameron as Prime Minster the likelihood is she will be Made Prime Minster later today by Her Majesty The Queen
Original post by hazzer1998
May will also take over from David Cameron as Prime Minster the likelihood is she will be Made Prime Minster later today by Her Majesty The Queen

Is this you guessing or can this actually happen? I just read Boris hopes for a 'quick handover' to May but can it actually be done?
Original post by SoggyCabbages
Is this you guessing or can this actually happen? I just read Boris hopes for a 'quick handover' to May but can it actually be done?

Yes , Cameron has to go to the palace to officially step down , Then May will be sworn in . People and the tory party need stability so they would get the handover sorted ASAP
May has won the leadership contest by default . as Leadsom has Pulled out

HMQ isn't in town at the moment...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leinad2012

"In charge of helping the Conservatives find a new leader, played a pivotal role in implementing the swift integration of a new PM, 9 weeks before scheduled completion"

Genius.

You missed "...whilst being a wonderful mother."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
HMQ isn't in town at the moment...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's True tbf . However the Queen could always to heading back now by Car or Plane
That's True tbf . However the Queen could always to heading back now by Car or Plane

I doubt she'll be hurried. Maybe in the next few days, but not today.

There's no constitutional emergency... it would be "unbecoming" for the Tories to just whistle and HMQ to come running.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
I doubt she'll be hurried. Maybe in the next few days, but not today.

There's no constitutional emergency... it would be "unbecoming" for the Tories to just whistle and HMQ to come running.

Posted from TSR Mobile

She came hurrying over from Windsor back when Brown finally stood down at a moment of his choosing. As she gets older though, presumably hurrying anywhere gets a little more problematic.
Reply 109
The question now is, do the conservatives gamble again and call a general election potentially capitalizing on Labours failures or do they remain with a constant question of legitimacy which is crucial for the next few years of negotiations
Reply 110
Original post by Fullofsurprises
She came hurrying over from Windsor back when Brown finally stood down at a moment of his choosing. As she gets older though, presumably hurrying anywhere gets a little more problematic.

Could always do a Skype call?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
Could always do a Skype call?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:

"Your Majesty, are you seeing me?"

"Oh dear. One's Ipad appears to have something one calls an App Error".
Original post by zayn008
do they remain with a constant question of legitimacy which is crucial for the next few years of negotiations

That is ridiculous. No new party leader, of any party, has previously called an immediate general election in order to establish legitimacy. It isn't even in question.
Original post by Good bloke
That is ridiculous. No new party leader, of any party, has previously called an immediate general election in order to establish legitimacy. It isn't even in question.

Actually the question has been asked.
https://twitter.com/nickeardleybbc/status/752481304294334464

But I very much doubt it will happen.
Original post by jneill
Genius.

You missed "...whilst being a wonderful mother."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you a clinton supporter by any chance?
Original post by Fullofsurprises
:rofl:

"Your Majesty, are you seeing me?"

"Oh dear. One's Ipad appears to have something one calls an App Error".

Harry? Harry! What have you been doing on one's iPad.
Original post by jneill
Actually the question has been asked.

Only by fringe opportunists hoping there will be a chance to make hay during the chaos they think is around (as the only way of progressing).
Original post by Sun_Bear
Are you a clinton supporter by any chance?

What's that got to do with the price of eggs?
Original post by leinad2012

Well played Sir !!

:congrats:

You win today's Internet. *
Original post by jneill
What's that got to do with the price of eggs?

I expect the same mockery for her as well.

Here's her twitter bio: "Wife, mom, grandma, women+kids advocate, FLOTUS, Senator, SecState, hair icon, pantsuit aficionado, 2016 presidential candidate. Tweets from Hillary signed –H"*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending