The Student Room Group

Body shape !

Hey,

I've been told by some people that I'm chubby and by others that I'm curvy - what do you think ?
I am 5ft, weigh 125lbs and my measurements are 38" - 28" - 38"

Also, what body shape do you have ?
Your body is perfect !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm I am not sure. Maybe hourglass.
On behalf of every guy, "pics" :laugh:
Original post by Noëlie
Hey,

I've been told by some people that I'm chubby and by others that I'm curvy - what do you think ?
I am 5ft, weigh 125lbs and my measurements are 38" - 28" - 38"

Also, what body shape do you have ?

You sound curvy, I bet you look good :smile: (please don't read that in a creepy way).

I'd love a few more curves. I look like a teenage boy :/
Tbh with you I find girls that are too skinny less attractive. Shorter people generally put on weight more noticeably anyway. I'm sure you're fine the way you are but if you're looking to develop your self confidence I'd suggest going to the gym, did wonders for me :smile: Don't ever feel like you need to though, only do something if it's what you want to do ^.^

I hope I don't come across as arrogant? I was trying to sound supportive lmao
(edited 7 years ago)
No way we can tell with just measurements. A 28" waist at just 5ft is a little on the larger side tbh and your BMI is at the very upper range of healthy.

Reply 7
Thanks ^^ I was just wondering because I can never find clothes that fit properly and I guess since I was fat when I was younger I'm never really sure if I am overweight or not x)

I do practice sport, but unfortunatly can't afford to go to the gym :frown: So I swim instead :3
Reply 8
Original post by Noëlie
Thanks ^^ I was just wondering because I can never find clothes that fit properly and I guess since I was fat when I was younger I'm never really sure if I am overweight or not x)

I do practice sport, but unfortunatly can't afford to go to the gym :frown: So I swim instead :3

Just go on the NHS BMI calculator and type in your details- that'll tell you if you're overweight or not :smile: & you definitely don't need a gym membership to exercise - you can go running/jogging or do YT workouts at home :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by goam
Just go on the NHS BMI calculator and type in your details- that'll tell you if you're overweight or not :smile: & you definitely don't need a gym membership to exercise - you can go running/jogging or do YT workouts at home :biggrin:

It says that I have a BMI of 24,9 wich is at the limit between "healthy" and "overweight".

At the moment I can't run (I had a knee operation not long ago and my doctor has advised me to wait another 3/4 months before running :/ What are YT workouts ? :smile:
Reply 10
Overweight.
Reply 11
Original post by Noëlie
It says that I have a BMI of 24,9 wich is at the limit between "healthy" and "overweight".

At the moment I can't run (I had a knee operation not long ago and my doctor has advised me to wait another 3/4 months before running :/ What are YT workouts ? :smile:

Workout videos on YouTube- I personally really like Fitness Blender videos :h:
Your proportioned
Laugh at my measurements:K:

Spoiler

Original post by PrincessBO$$
Your proportioned
Laugh at my measurements:K:

Spoiler

haha your proportions are similar to mine! Except I have even smaller boobs :frown: ...*
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
haha your proportions are similar to mine! Except I have even smaller boobs :frown: ...*

Tell me it can't be any worse than me :redface:
I am 5ft as well, weigh about 50kg and I am unlucky to have very awkward measurements of 30-25-34 Don't worry about clothes never fitting properly, I have exactly the same issue, and that's more to do with our height than weight.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Tell me it can't be any worse than me :redface:

I'm about 33-27-39 though I haven't measured myself lately and have lost a bit of muscle weight.*
Reply 17
Original post by Fleming1928
I am 5ft as well, weigh about 50kg and I am unlucky to have very awkward measurements of 30-25-34 Don't worry about clothes never fitting properly, I have exactly the same issue, and that's more to do with our height than weight.

There is the height problem, but if trousers fit my thighs / bum then they are too big on the waist and to find tops that fit across my shoulders (they are stupidly wide, especially for my height ^^) and my bust then they are baggy on the stomach... I don't know if I make much sense, English isn't my native language :3
Original post by Noëlie
There is the height problem, but if trousers fit my thighs / bum then they are too big on the waist and to find tops that fit across my shoulders (they are stupidly wide, especially for my height ^^) and my bust then they are baggy on the stomach... I don't know if I make much sense, English isn't my native language :3

You do make sense don't worry, English isn't my native language either! I always have a problem with trousers, and I can pretty much only wear high waisted trousers, otherwise they stick out at the waist. I pretty much never wear t-shirts because even though they should be fitted and tight, they are loose in places they shouldn't be. Honestly, 90% of my clothes have been altered at the tailors because nothing fits me. I have an even bigger problem with finding shoes as I am a size 2!
need a pic to be able to tell

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending