The Student Room Group

How do I make him stop?!

Hi all,So I am in a new relationship however my ex keeps contacting me, asking how I am, what I'm up to, giving me updates on his life etc. I am not replying at all but I still keep getting them!
I know from a close mutual friend that he is really struggling with our breakup and I don't want to entertain the possibility of a romantic reconciliation. I think it's best for him if he stops trying to contact me and moves on.Although I do not have romantic attachment to him, I care about his happiness and don't want to cause him any more pain than I already have.How to I let him know that he should stop contacting me, at least for a while until our past relationship is no longer a factor?Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Tell him your new boyfriend doesnt like him texting you or get your friend to do it
Reply 2
Original post by Dr.Snake
Tell him your new boyfriend doesnt like him texting you or get your friend to do it

This thought had crossed my mind, however I don't want my boyfriend to come off as the bad guy, it almost seems as if I'm saying
"I want to talk to you but he doesn't want me to" Which is not the case!
Am I just overthinking this?! :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
This thought had crossed my mind, however I don't want my boyfriend to come off as the bad guy, it almost seems as if I'm saying
"I want to talk to you but he doesn't want me to" Which is not the case!
Am I just overthinking this?! :s-smilie:

The only way he will stop is if you explain to him you dont like it and that you two arent in a relationship anymore. You are ignoring him so you're coming off as the bad guy anyways. Might as well just get straight to the point.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just tell him the truth and be honest about why you don't want to talk anymore, then go no contact. Block him if you have to. There is obviously no need to be cruel or mean, but that doesn't mean you have to molly coddle him either. He's not your responsibility anymore.

Quick Reply