The Student Room Group

The most/least xenophobic countries in in the world

Poll

The most xenophobic country

With racial tensions happening all over the world, it got me thinking... What countries are the most xenophobic and if so why? I'd like this forum to be explore xenophobia and how it differs from country to country. I'd also want a list of
countries you think are the most /least xenophobic countries

Xenophobia means dislike or prejudice against people from different countries
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

i've heard north korea looooooooves foreign nationals
(edited 7 years ago)
Least: Sweden, although if such high migrant numbers continue this may change, Merkel's Germany.
Most: China, USA (at least among the Christian Right, other groups tend not to be), North Korea (lol), most Islamic theocracies, Japan too.

Britain has also historically been very tolerant, the USA is a nation built upon immigration too so many parts will not be xenophobic.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's very difficult to tell but my sister is on a volunteer programme in Nigeria and says that the people are very welcoming to foreigners, especially compared to Brits.

I have lived in the Gulf in the Middle East, people over there love foreigners if they come from the "right countries", ie Western and other Arab countries. On the other hand many were awful to people from the "wrong countries", especially South Asian ones.

Edit: I didn't see the poll. Why only those countries?
Reply 4
I also made a poll to see which english speaking countries are the most xenophobic. I hope you all vote :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by WBZ144
It's very difficult to tell but my sister is on a volunteer programme in Nigeria and says that the people are very welcoming to foreigners, especially compared to Brits.

I have lived in the Gulf in the Middle East, people over there love foreigners if they come from the "right countries", ie Western and other Arab countries. On the other hand many were awful to people from the "wrong countries", especially South Asian ones.

Edit: I didn't see the poll. Why only those countries?

It's only to see which english speaking country is the most xenophobic.

I could add more if you have suggestions?
Original post by Jawsomesauce35
It's only to see which english speaking country is the most xenophobic.

I could add more if you have suggestions?

Ah, I see. Out of all of those, probably the UK is the least (at least for now). Ireland seems pretty good if we're judging by international standards. For the most I would say Australia.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by george_c00per
i've heard north korea loves foreign nationals

That's shocking! You'd think they'd be the most xenophobic due to the dictatorship there
>Polling only Western countries
>Most are cucked anyway

Pretty sure you'd find more xenophobia/racism in Zimbabwe, South Africa or Japan.
Reply 9
Most: FREAKING Japan. Seriously.
Least: USA, probably.
Reply 10
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
>Polling only Western countries
>Most are cucked anyway

Pretty sure you'd find more xenophobia/racism in Zimbabwe, South Africa or Japan.

It would be hard to poll all the 196 countries in the world so I chose these countries instead
With racial tensions happening all over the world, it got me thinking... What countries are the most xenophobic and if so why? I'd like this forum to be explore xenophobia and how it differs from country to country. I'd also want a list of
countries you think are the most /least xenophobic countries

Xenophobia means dislike or prejudice against people from different countries

I vote Canada, they seem as liberal as the nordic countries
Portugal is very tolerant. Historically the Kings of Portugal have always been tolerant of enrichment.
Least : Russia
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Least : Russia

lol
Original post by Sisuphos
lol

Sarcasm lol
Reply 16
how come? I've always thought Canada was one of the least xenophobic ones
Least - Bhutan Colombia Chile
(edited 7 years ago)
It would be hard to poll all the 196 countries in the world so I chose these countries instead

So you didn't add any diversity?

Pretty racist to be honest.

I like how you only polled white countries.

l m a o
#Openbordersforisrael

Quick Reply

Latest