The Student Room Group

how far through your degree are you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Spock's Socks
They only let you start or go back to a degree in either October or February as far as I know. I prefer the October start as I don't want to be studying during the summer which I would be if I went back in February :tongue:

ah thats fair enough :smile: i started mine in a jan haha
Just finished my 1st year Criminology.
Reply 22
Original post by Seamus123
Just finished my 1st year Criminology.

any good? :smile:
iv just finished my first year too
I love it. Have waited many years to do it, and, it's hard work. But really love it.
Reply 24
I love it. Have waited many years to do it, and, it's hard work. But really love it.

good :smile:
where do u do it?
Finished my 2nd year of Journalism & Creative Writing. Started in 2014, graduating next year (help)
Bucks New University. Had to be near home. My children and grandchildren live nearby and I am bringing up one of my grandchildren.
Reply 27
Original post by Novascope
Finished my 2nd year of Journalism & Creative Writing. Started in 2014, graduating next year (help)

why help lol
what classifciation are u heading towards?

Bucks New University. Had to be near home. My children and grandchildren live nearby and I am bringing up one of my grandchildren.

i do mine at home because of my kids
I started in Oct 2013 and I have deferred for the last year and a half due to health. I'm looking to go back either this October or next October. I'm studying my degree with OU so they are quite flexible when it comes to taking time off. I have 16 years to finish it but I imagine I'll have it finished by 2019 at most.

Posted from TSR Mobile

16 years?!?!? That an awful lot lol... What are u studying?
Original post by mediaya
16 years?!?!? That an awful lot lol... What are u studying?

Its that long because a lot of people study part time with OU but I was studying full time so I would have it finished within four years but I deferred twice :tongue: I'm studying biology :smile:
I have just finished PhD in medicine....
Lol am joking, i am gonna start alevels next year...
I am so scared about uni life, to all of you who are in uni, u seems like Its easy but when i think it looks really hard... But i mighy be wrongtho! How did u find it, first reaction to uni? Thanks :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm 68 so was a bit worried about fitting in, but it was all good.
Its that long because a lot of people study part time with OU but I was studying full time so I would have it finished within four years but I deferred twice :tongue: I'm studying biology :smile:

Ooooh okay thx, what is OU btw... Lol sorry,:redface: i seem dumb dont i? :tongue:
What do want to become(if u dont mind me asking)?
Sorry.... To many question:redface:
Original post by mediaya
Ooooh okay thx, what is OU btw... Lol sorry,:redface: i seem dumb dont i? :tongue:
What do want to become(if u dont mind me asking)?
Sorry.... To many question:redface:

Open Uni :tongue:

I'd love to be a virologist but I'm thinking of using the degree to work with animals, maybe to do some wildlife conservation work or something :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by mediaya
I have just finished PhD in medicine....
Lol am joking, i am gonna start alevels next year...
I am so scared about uni life, to all of you who are in uni, u seems like.... Its easy when i think it looks really hard... But i mighy be tho! How did u find it, first reaction to uni? Thanks :h:

i do mine online and it was no different to doing a normal online course, bar the interaction with other students

I'm 68 so was a bit worried about fitting in, but it was all good.

aw bless ya
Open Uni :tongue:

I'd love to be a virologist but I'm thinking of using the degree to work with animals, maybe to do some wildlife conservation work or something :smile:

Oh ahah okay thx :ahee:

They're all good, i'd like to say this as confidently as u, u kno... :rolleyes:... But i feel like i'vent seen these jobs anywhere around me, it just makes me scared, like i wanted to a.... Neuroscientist/biologist but i never seen them be4... N am scared in the future i wont know where to apply! Lol i know its stupid:erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawtyb
why help lol
what classifciation are u heading towards?

i do mine at home because of my kids

Cos I'm nervous about graduating lol.

On the path of getting a First. Went up from a 2:1 in my first year to a First this year. So fingers crossed.
I've just finished my 3-year BA. I started in September 2013 and graduated in July 2016. I'm now going on to PhD study, which will begin in October 2016 and is intended to last for 3 years (at least, that's how much funding I have!)
Started in 2012, graduated in 2015.

So already done mine :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by Novascope
Cos I'm nervous about graduating lol.

On the path of getting a First. Went up from a 2:1 in my first year to a First this year. So fingers crossed.

aw why?
thats good! i was on a 2:2 in my first year so hoping to go up :smile:

Original post by clonedmemories
I've just finished my 3-year BA. I started in September 2013 and graduated in July 2016. I'm now going on to PhD study, which will begin in October 2016 and is intended to last for 3 years (at least, that's how much funding I have!)

what is ur PHD in?
how long can a PHD go on for then?

Original post by Lord Samosa
Started in 2012, graduated in 2015.

So already done mine :biggrin:

what did u get and what did u do?
im amazed i know roughly what u look like now!!

Quick Reply

Latest