The Student Room Group

I can't move on?

I fell pretty hard for someone three years ago and when I found out that they were going to be married I had a vomiting virus and couldn't recover for three weeks.
Now I don't know if I 'love' him anymore as my feelings have sort of been numbed, but I whenever I think of his wife I still get that feeling like I'm going to be sick. I try to distract myself with work and activities but I still end up thinking about them every day, and it makes me ill inside.
What can I do? It's almost more than I can bear sometimes.

Scroll to see replies

Time heals all wounds.
Reply 2
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Time heals all wounds.

But it's been more than three years now...
Find someone else
Reply 4
Original post by Cinamon Biscuit
Find someone else

geez thanks.

I guess I can't expect insightful advice at nearly 2 in the morning. I'll be back tomorrow.
Original post by Anonymous
geez thanks.

I guess I can't expect insightful advice at nearly 2 in the morning. I'll be back tomorrow.

You got that right xoxoxo
I fell pretty hard for someone three years ago and when I found out that they were going to be married I had a vomiting virus and couldn't recover for three weeks.
Now I don't know if I 'love' him anymore as my feelings have sort of been numbed, but I whenever I think of his wife I still get that feeling like I'm going to be sick. I try to distract myself with work and activities but I still end up thinking about them every day, and it makes me ill inside.

Delete every sort of contact
Remember he's not the only guy in the world
If it's meant to be it will be
Time will gradually heal it
Do stuff u enjoy and make new friends

I'm not so old that I don't remember and know how you feel. It's been 15 years and I've been where you are.
Believe me, it takes time, but it will get better and in time your life will change, hopefully for the better, you will move on. You won't forget, but you will learn to put it in a place where it won't make you feel the way you do now. The pain is raw at the moment, but it will get better, I promise you.
geez thanks.

Look it does sound hard but the more you mope around about this guy the worse you will feel, you need to get yourself out there and live life etc.
So it sounds like you get utterly disgusted when you think about her being with him. Who have you talked to about feeling disgusted. Also do you like a weird feeling in your brain, like something is stuck in it?
Original post by Clockrice
So it sounds like you get utterly disgusted when you think about her being with him. Who have you talked to about feeling disgusted. Also do you like a weird feeling in your brain, like something is stuck in it?

I haven't talked to anyone about it. They'd think I'm being stupid. Something rises in my chest and sticks in my throat when I think of them.
I liked someone for 3 years so I understand how it feels. In the end he simply is not good enough if he was not willing to take that chance with you. There will always be someone better out there and keeping occupied should help distract your mind.
Original post by Angel83
I liked someone for 3 years so I understand how it feels. In the end he simply is not good enough if he was not willing to take that chance with you. There will always be someone better out there and keeping occupied should help distract your mind.

It's not true that he wasn't good enough. I wasn't good enough for him and I'm struggling to live with that. His wife is superior to me in every way.
It's not true that he wasn't good enough. I wasn't good enough for him and I'm struggling to live with that. His wife is superior to me in every way.

Have you ever told him you like him vice versa? Has he said you were not good enough?
Original post by Angel83
Have you ever told him you like him vice versa? Has he said you were not good enough?

I didn't tell him. I think it was obvious though.
I didn't tell him. I think it was obvious though.

Wow, then you cannot possibly know if he didn't think you were good enough. If he didn't get any signals he may never have thought you were interested so did not pursue. How often did you hang out? Do you still talk? How long has he been with his gf?*
Original post by Angel83
Wow, then you cannot possibly know if he didn't think you were good enough. If he didn't get any signals he may never have thought you were interested so did not pursue. How often did you hang out? Do you still talk? How long has he been with his gf?*

We didn't hang out much. He's older than me. We haven't spoken since he got married, and he was never interested in me. They weren't together for more than two months before the wedding, she was pregnant. I think he was happy about it though.
We didn't hang out much. He's older than me. We haven't spoken since he got married, and he was never interested in me. They weren't together for more than two months before the wedding, she was pregnant. I think he was happy about it though.

If you hung out with him more you may have gotten to know him and thought actually I don't really like him. He has probably married her so the baby is not out of wedlock. A bit quick to get married.
Original post by Angel83
If you hung out with him more you may have gotten to know him and thought actually I don't really like him. He has probably married her so the baby is not out of wedlock. A bit quick to get married.

He often said how much he wanted to be a father so I guess he got what he wanted. You're probably right that he married her because of the baby, but I don't think he's unhappy about it.
I probably would have fallen in love with him even more and it wouldn't have ended well. I never had a chance.
No such thing as can't move on. Only won't move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending