The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
1. What is the worst way you can imagine dying?
I would say being slowly burnt alive, but I guess the whole idea of it would put my body into shock, thus
rendering me unconsciousness. Though I don't want to be going in and out of consciousness experiencing this. I always say the best way to die is a bullet to the head, when you are bleeding out endlessly it takes a while for the brain to shutdown and for you to die.

2. What are you scared of not doing by the time you have reached the end of your life?
I think possibly not having a meaningful impact in someone's life for the better. I don't have any goal of "changing the world" or "having my name engraved in stone", but it would be nice for 1 person at least to admire you for who you are.

3. Are you scared of dying?
No I'm not, i've accepted it as the only certain thing in life. For one who has been born ,death is certain and for one who has died, birth is certain. It's a bit like going to sleep, you just pop don't you. Humans are always afraid of the unknown, but the best things in life happen when we move away from steadiness into the uncertain. Think of all the times you thought, "no I want to stay here, I'm already happy here", but then would have made the new friends you have now? Experienced new cultures?

4. Do you feel/hope there is something waiting after? (Even if you're not religious.)
I would like to meet the people that had a profound impact in my life, just to say "what's up" basically and give them a big hug. Almost like meeting an old friend after a very long time, the first handshake is the tightest. I would also like a fast forward of my life just flash before me, to show where I started at and what I became and how I changed.
Reply 21
1. What is the worst way you can imagine dying? - Drowning/Burning
2. What are you scared of not doing by the time you have reached the end of your life? to be perfectly frank im not particularly bothered, I rather doubt i'll care at that point :tongue:
3. Are you scared of dying? To a point, more scared of how it happens though.
4. Do you feel/hope there is something waiting after? (Even if you're not religious.) I'd rather it be surprise)
1. What is the worst way you can imagine dying? - Beheading / swallowed by a whale and you are just sit there in its massive smelly stomache full of fish and crap like trolleys waiting for its stomach acid or lack of oxygen or whatever is in its belly to overcome you.
2. What are you scared of not doing by the time you have reached the end of your life? - Nothing
3. Are you scared of dying? - No
4. Do you feel/hope there is something waiting after? (Even if you're not religious.) - Maybe who knows
Idk one of the many ways i have died in my dreams i suppose, gonna go for dissected alive as a random sample from that cheery assortment

2. What are you scared of not doing by the time you have reached the end of your life?
Dying having not become pretty and a better person that what i am now

No

4. Do you feel/hope there is something waiting after? (Even if you're not religious.)
No and im glad there isn't cos I cba to do all this crap again.
Original post by PugDevil
This is going to be a bit of a morbid discussion, just to warn ye all :colone:

Death is something that us humans tend to stress over at some point during our lives. We worry that we won't be able to do everything in our life that we had planned; that we have regrets of what we could have done earlier and of course, HOW we are going to die.

So I question the TSR community with these four questions:

------

My answers:

1. Burning to death - literally can't imagine anything worse!
2. Not having kids... Would love to see some mini-PugDevils running around the place.
3. No - I feel it is something that you have to accept.
4. Yes. I'm not religious at all, but to think there is just emptiness after death is a bit, well... bleurgh! :hmmm:

Of course, if there is anything else you want to contribute about death then go for it!

- Being made to swallow live ants and have them slowly eat my vital organs.

- Not having children.

- Yes, but not as much as I used to be.

- I'm not religious but I feel that there is something. Not sure if that feeling is just me hoping.
(edited 7 years ago)

1. Burning slowly to death, or being slowly beheaded with my throat being cut.
2. Having something substantial to pass down to my kids.
3. Other than my natural preference to want to stay alive, not really.
4. No. Absolutely not. And I hope not either.

1. Burning to death - literally can't imagine anything worse!

Burning to death would be pretty bad at first, but apparently after a few minutes you pass out from the fumes.
1. The worst would be something long and miserable, like cancer, where in the end you'd die alone and in excruciating pain in some sterile hospital, knowing that you're dying but there's nothing you can do about it.
2. Living? I don't know. Generally feeling that I've wasted my time here and understanding that I'm not going to get a second chance.
3. Yes.
4. I hope there is, but it's hard for me to believe in it. I try though, just to keep sane, lol
Reply 28
Original post by Platopus
Burning to death would be pretty bad at first, but apparently after a few minutes you pass out from the fumes.

Only a couple of minutes of burning to put up with then :ahee: I suppose that's similar with drowning, how eventually it just passes and then it's peaceful? Although I'm not sure if that's a myth.. :redface:
Only a couple of minutes of burning to put up with then :ahee: I suppose that's similar with drowning, how eventually it just passes and then it's peaceful? Although I'm not sure if that's a myth.. :redface:

I think that's true about drowning. To be honest, I can't think of a pleasant way of dying at all!
Reply 30
Original post by Platopus
I think that's true about drowning. To be honest, I can't think of a pleasant way of dying at all!

I'll tell you a little secret :wink: when I was creating this thread originally, it was going to basically be 'best/worst' ways of dying and then I paused and thought exactly what you said :lol: Death is not really a pleasant experience :frown:
Reply 31
1. Idk but dying alone without family/friends around would be pretty dreadful. Either that or dying as a non Muslim.
2. Scared of not fulfilling my purpose in life which consists of being a good Muslim and worshipping God to the max.
3. Yes if I haven't accomplished what I mentioned in the point above.
4. Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll tell you a little secret :wink: when I was creating this thread originally, it was going to basically be 'best/worst' ways of dying and then I paused and thought exactly what you said :lol: Death is not really a pleasant experience :frown:

Haha thanks for sharing your secret! I know people talk a lot about dying in your sleep being a painless way to go but I reckon that even if you don't appear to notice, you're probably aware when you stop being able to breath. There are ways of dying whereby you are unconscious at the point of actual death e.g. Freezing to death, but the time before you die is extremely unpleasant. I suppose you wouldn't be aware of dying while in a coma, but who wants that? The only possibly "pleasant" way I can think of would be taking the drugs they use in Dignitas.
1. drowning
2. giving my kids a stable life and not marrying my boyf

3. terrified - only by the thought of leaving my kids and family and the thought of leaving my dad
(im my dads only daughter, he only has one living relative and his already been through the trauma of loosing his wife)

4. nope
Cheerful thread :erm:
Probably for a really boring, easily preventable way like not having seatbelt on, listening to music loudly whilst crossing road or idk a preventable illness ?!?!
Not doing something to help the world
Not particularly.
I mean - it's a once in a lifetime experience? It may or may not be what I expected it to be like therefore it could be a sort of almost interesting experience idk :laugh: :colondollar:
Being an agnostic athiest, not sure
I always thought there may be some sort of soul ressurection for the non-physical part of body (as physical part dies)
If this turns out to be a thing, fingers crossed that my new habitiation is in a bird, I want to fly really bad :rofl:
If not then same reason as @Salamandastron :wink:
1. Drowning (not the worst way but scares the hell out of me).
2. Dying before the age of retirement, so I can put my studies to use, have a family and have a decent life.
3. Sometimes. Sometimes it's more fear about a member of my family dying.
4. Yep!
Original post by Al-Ayubi

It still amazes me how people could actually do this to someone. :frown:
1) Being killed. Anything prolonged or painful or both would be annoying.
2) Not having children and grandchildren.
3) No.
4) Yes. I will go to Heaven and be with my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Latest