The Student Room Group

When does my face stop growing?

Hi all,
I just turned 18 in June this year. I had a rather large growth spurt over the last two years where i grew about 3.5ish inches. When does my face stop fully maturing? I.e. when does my jaw, chin, cheeks and such reach their full maturity? I feel like i still look younger than most of my current age. Self-experience examples will be rly useful. Im also quite thin, so I'm not sure if putting on weight will help. Im 5ft10 weighing 57kg.

Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all,
I just turned 18 in June this year. I had a rather large growth spurt over the last two years where i grew about 3.5ish inches. When does my face stop fully maturing? I.e. when does my jaw, chin, cheeks and such reach their full maturity? I feel like i still look younger than most of my current age. Self-experience examples will be rly useful. Im also quite thin, so I'm not sure if putting on weight will help. Im 5ft10 weighing 57kg.

Thanks.

Hiya,

Would you mind me asking whether you're male or female? Also, there is not set age to stop growing or have your face stop developing/changing. And by the way, looking long certainly isn't a bad thing, and you'll thank your glorious genes as you get older! It depends what you mean by putting on wait; do you want to build your muscle or just gain weight in general?
Reply 2
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Hiya,

Would you mind me asking whether you're male or female? Also, there is not set age to stop growing or have your face stop developing/changing. And by the way, looking long certainly isn't a bad thing, and you'll thank your glorious genes as you get older! It depends what you mean by putting on wait; do you want to build your muscle or just gain weight in general?

Im male, I guess I should gain weight first xD

Quick Reply

Latest