The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Problem with signing Pogba is that we'll probably set up the same way (4231) so he's still gonna be in a 2 man midfield, which we all know he's pretty **** in.
Original post by Aky786UK
Deschamps deserves criticism for not giving Martial minutes (like LVG, his standard sub was Gignac for Giroud) but not taking along Gameiro or Lacazette who might have offered something different but Pogba was poor tonight. Sissoko channeling his inner Pogba and was excellent in the first half but think a realistic assessment of Pogba is for when he plays for his club side than at international level.

Nerve-wracking watch for the final, wanted Portugal to win led by Ronaldo but wouldn't have begrudged Evra winning it in what was, more likely, his last game for France.

i feel sorry for my boy EVra but Ronaldo needed to win for obivious reasons
we all never wanted this tournament to be won by giroud
at least now arsene will see how useless he is and buy a good striker for arsenal

as Manutd needs a good competition Mou wants to crash Arsene at his best
plot twist:

juve offers him a new bumper contract and he stays
Sounds like Pogba has vetoed the move to United.
RIP Pogba hype.

All on board the Griezmann hype train.

De Gea
Darmian, Smalling, Bailly, Shaw
Schneiderlin, Carrick
Mkhitaryan, Griezmann, Martial
Ibrahimovic
Either to hurry United up with the deal or we just got played again.
Reckon Nicolas Gaitan is available?
Pogba has great moments, and flashes of brilliance, but I can't help thinking he's a bit Emperor's New Clothes.
Original post by Louis.

Garay is
Original post by Louis.

Reckon Ed's told Juve that he won't go over £112m after last night's performance
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Reckon Ed's told Juve that he won't go over £112m after last night's performance

We bid three weeks ago but Ed's fax machine is playing up again
Its a bit awkward but I think Pogba is really solely interested in Real. Once he's moved to United his price tag is going to be eye watering and the spotlight will be on him far more, he might never get that move. If he stays at Juv, he'll probably keep himself in the limelight with his Serie A highlights reel and can wait a season and see if the Real move materialises.
Pogba's almost certainly going to end up at Madrid.
Whether United's a steeping stone remains to be seen.

Tbh not really bothered if we get him or not.
Original post by Dirtybit
plot twist:

juve offers him a new bumper contract and he stays

Not really a plot twist, I predicted this (although I did allow myself to believe)

Original post by Louis.
RIP Pogba hype.

All on board the Griezmann hype train.

De Gea
Darmian, Smalling, Bailly, Shaw
Schneiderlin, Carrick
Mkhitaryan, Griezmann, Martial
Ibrahimovic

Greizmann will stay at Atletico

No chance of him coming here

Could be worse, we could have signed Mane for £34m (he's good, but man Liverpool are **** with finances)
Original post by zKlown
Not really a plot twist, I predicted this (although I did allow myself to believe)

Greizmann will stay at Atletico

No chance of him coming here

Could be worse, we could have signed Mane for £34m (he's good, but man Liverpool are **** with finances)

We signed Fellaini for £27m.

/done.
Original post by Rk2k14
We signed Fellaini for £27m.

/done.

Yep, you've definitely won this one actually.
If we play 4-3-3, Pogba will struggle to get in the team ahead of Fellaini as the spearhead of our midfield. Oh it's true, it's damn true.

Because we've got a long summer saga ahead of us :colonhash:

Latest