The Student Room Group

The Official Cambridge 2017 Mphil Application Thread

Hello all prospective Cambridge 2017 Mphil applicants. Congrats on your wise decision to study at one of the World's best Institutions. You've indeed made a bold move.

The next application cycle begins early September which is barely 2 months away. It's a wise decision to start getting our application materials together. In addition to undergraduate transcripts, personal statements and recommendation letters, some of the Mphil courses require CVs, research proposals and writing samples. For non-native English speakers, IELTS or TOEFL is required.

We could start making arrangements to obtain our transcripts and reference letters from our professors. We could also start now to build our personal statements and academic CVs. For those who would be needing writing samples, research proposals and language tests, it's time to start preparing.

Getting into Cambridge for a postgraduate programme can be quite competitive. However our manner of approach towards the application procedure could just guarantee us a spot on our choice course.

I'll keep updating this thread and providing detailed explanations about the stages in the application process, funding opportunities & timelines, minimum admission requirements, College picks, etc. Please feel free to leave your comments and questions. You may also want to include a brief profile and Hello all prospective Cambridge 2017 Mphil applicants. Congrats on your wise decision to study at one of the World's best Institutions. You've indeed made a bold move.

The next application cycle begins early September which is barely 2 months away. It's a wise decision to start getting our application materials together. In addition to undergraduate transcripts, personal statements and recommendation letters, some of the Mphil courses require CVs, research proposals and writing samples. For non-native English speakers, IELTS or TOEFL is required.

We could start making arrangements to obtain our transcripts and reference letters from our professors. We could also start now to build our personal statements and academic CVs. For those who would be needing writing samples, research proposals and language tests, it's time to start prep programme you are applying to.

I wish you guys all the best
Reply 1
Original post by Nnamdi Chukwuogo
Hello all prospective Cambridge 2017 Mphil applicants. Congrats on your wise decision to study at one of the World's best Institutions. You've indeed made a bold move.

Hi, this forum is mostly used by prospective Cambridge undergrads rather than postgrads.

There is a separate TSR forum (here) for all postgrads and someone has started a thread for Cambridge 2017. Maybe you could join that one :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4207500
CAMBRIDGE 2017 Postgraduate Entry

You also don't need to create multiple threads on the same topic so I will delete the duplicates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
Hi, this forum is mostly used by prospective Cambridge undergrads rather than postgrads.

There is a separate TSR forum (here) for all postgrads and someone has started a thread for Cambridge 2017. Maybe you could join that one :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4207500
CAMBRIDGE 2017 Postgraduate Entry

You also don't need to create multiple threads on the same topic so I will delete the duplicates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Jneill. Thanks I didn't realize I created multiple threads. I'm not really forum savvy. I'm now following the 2017 thread. You may now delete this one
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi Jneill. Thanks I didn't realize I created multiple threads. However, the link you referred me to is for the 2016 entry postgrads. I don't get why this thread would be used prospective undergrads either.

? no it isn't. It links to the 2017 PG thread. (Only 1 post in it though, so far)

Alternatively follow my first link to the PG forum and create a new thread there.
Reply 4
Thanks a lot. I've seen the 2017 entry thread on the postgrad forum page. I've also left my original message for this thread there. Good luck!!!
Reply 5
Thanks a lot. I've seen the 2017 entry thread on the postgrad forum page. I've also left my original message for this thread there. Good luck!!!

I've closed this thread. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending