The Student Room Group

I can't move on?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Platopus
No such thing as can't move on. Only won't move on.

That's not true at all. Clearly you've never loved someone.
Original post by Anonymous
That's not true at all. Clearly you've never loved someone.

Loved my dad very much. He left 7 years ago and I haven't seen him since. But, I have forgiven him and moved on. To me, that's more difficult than moving on from a crush.
No such thing as can't move on. Only won't move on.

Absolutely. I totally agree with you. In the circumstances, the best advice I can give is that you move on. He's already married. And, I don't think there is any wisdom crying over spilled milk. Other deserving guys are out there, waiting for you. You just have to get your acts together. Wish you the best!
He often said how much he wanted to be a father so I guess he got what he wanted. You're probably right that he married her because of the baby, but I don't think he's unhappy about it.
I probably would have fallen in love with him even more and it wouldn't have ended well. I never had a chance.

Well he is out of bounds now. Trust me, you will find someone else, I know it might not seem like it right now. Do you meet many people?
Loved my dad very much. He left 7 years ago and I haven't seen him since. But, I have forgiven him and moved on. To me, that's more difficult than moving on from a crush.

Thats not the same thing. Dont talk about what you dont know.
Original post by Angel83
Well he is out of bounds now. Trust me, you will find someone else, I know it might not seem like it right now. Do you meet many people?

No I'm celibate now. I promised myself not to get into relationships again.
Thats not the same thing. Dont talk about what you dont know.

You're right, it's not the same thing. It's much worse.

You can't know that if you've never felt romantic love. You don't know what it feels like. Maybe when you're older you'll understand. Until then, don't pretend to.
No I'm celibate now. I promised myself not to get into relationships again.

When you get depressed or upset about this. Go outside, go for a walk; talk to some strangers or do something that you like (given the circumstances I'm sure you're not exactly motivated right now). You have to keep your mind busy or experience something different. Get out of the house whenever your depression starts or it will drive you mad. Its not as simple as getting over it as other inexperienced posters are saying, this type of stuff is deep and it hurts- it hurts a lot! You'll need time to heal.

I don't undermine your pain so you don't undermine my own, ok?
When you get depressed or upset about this. Go outside, go for a walk; talk to some strangers or do something that you like (given the circumstances I'm sure you're not exactly motivated right now). You have to keep your mind busy or experience something different. Get out of the house whenever your depression starts or it will drive you mad. Its not as simple as getting over it as other inexperienced posters are saying, this type of stuff is deep and it hurts- it hurts a lot! You'll need time to heal.

Yeah I've already done that, except for talking to strangers because that's just mad. But it hasn't changed anything.
This isn't recent though, I loved him for three years.
I don't undermine your pain so you don't undermine my own, ok?

I'm not undermining it. I'm stating a fact. Ok?
You can't know that if you've never felt romantic love. You don't know what it feels like. Maybe when you're older you'll understand. Until then, don't pretend to.

Sounds like what you have isn't romantic love if it's been 3 years since you were romantically involved.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm not undermining it. I'm stating a fact. Ok?

Sounds like what you have isn't romantic love if it's been 3 years since you were romantically involved.

It's not a fact it's an unfounded opinion.
Im sorry you have daddy issues, but dont take them out on me OK?
It's not a fact it's an unfounded opinion.
Im sorry you have daddy issues, but dont take them out on me OK?

I don't have daddy issues. Because I moved on. That's my point. I'm not taking anything out on you, I'm trying to empower you to move on rather than wallowing in misery over something you can't change.
Reply 35
You clearly still love him. Sometimes you need to truly lose someone before you realise how much they mean to you. He's married, it doesn't mean he can't have girlfriends. If you love him, don't ever give up.
Original post by 41b
You clearly still love him. Sometimes you need to truly lose someone before you realise how much they mean to you. He's married, it doesn't mean he can't have girlfriends. If you love him, don't ever give up.

Not sure if srs...
Reply 37
geez thanks.

I guess I can't expect insightful advice at nearly 2 in the morning. I'll be back tomorrow.

nah someone else works, distract yourself with whatever,*
Reply 38
Not sure if srs...

This is how your heart feels. You will never truly love anyone else, even after he dies. Your soul is connected to His, forever.
any luck yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending