The Student Room Group

Business or health and social care??

Hi, of course this is dependent on personal views but i would really appreciate peoples opinions. I am currently undecided on wether to do a BTEC L3 in business or health and social care. I have always wanted to be a teacher and by doing health and social care i can progress on to university and get a teaching degree. On the other hand i would love a job in business, either marketing or advertising as i think this kind of job would pay good money (better than a teachers salary) and would also be really fun. Therefore im stuck between the two courses. It would help to get some feed back from different people, thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by lucymayturner
Hi, of course this is dependent on personal views but i would really appreciate peoples opinions. I am currently undecided on wether to do a BTEC L3 in business or health and social care. I have always wanted to be a teacher and by doing health and social care i can progress on to university and get a teaching degree. On the other hand i would love a job in business, either marketing or advertising as i think this kind of job would pay good money (better than a teachers salary) and would also be really fun. Therefore im stuck between the two courses. It would help to get some feed back from different people, thanks in advance :smile:

Which kind of teaching would you want to do? If you wanted to do the primary pgce, i believe some universities aren't too fussy about what your undergrad was in, whereas for secondary it would matter.
I'm currently doing L3 health and social care and I'm planning to go into teaching too, feel free to ask me any questions
Original post by claireestelle
Which kind of teaching would you want to do? If you wanted to do the primary pgce, i believe some universities aren't too fussy about what your undergrad was in, whereas for secondary it would matter.

I believe they're referring to A levels :smile:

OP, do what you think you'd enjoy more!
Original post by A-LJLB
I believe they're referring to A levels :smile:

OP, do what you think you'd enjoy more!

I know:P I should have been clearer, i was trying to say that either subject would be okay if they decide to be a primary school teacher in future, but maybe not secondary.
I know:P I should have been clearer, i was trying to say that either subject would be okay if they decide to be a primary school teacher in future, but maybe not secondary.

Ah I see, it's just you spoke about undergrad so I just misunderstood :h:
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I'm currently doing L3 health and social care and I'm planning to go into teaching too, feel free to ask me any questions

Hiya, do you find it difficult? Also what kind of grades did you get at GCSE because i am average C/D with A in design, just wandering how im going to find L3

Primary i think
Primary i think

Either subject should be good.
Hiya, do you find it difficult? Also what kind of grades did you get at GCSE because i am average C/D with A in design, just wandering how im going to find L3

I got Cs in my GCSEs. The understanding of the work isn't difficult, the only thing you might struggle with is getting work done to tight deadlines. I know there were times when I struggled getting multiple assignments done on the same week. Just make sure you have good time management.

The highlight of this course is work experience. Universities really value it especially for any health and social care degrees because it shows you have experience and are capable of working with people. It's also a chance for you to see and try whether teaching is for you. I'm actually now in the process of writing my personal statement to do primary education.

If you're starting this September I assume you will be on the new spec. The new spec has exams for unit 5 and unit 8 (not sure about other units), I'm sure it's not that difficult. Even if you do get a bad grade you still have coursework to back you up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending