The Student Room Group

Skinny to muscular in 3 months, exercise + diet plan.

Skinny to muscular in 3 months, exercise + diet plan.Hi.
I am currently skinny and I want to become muscular and have a muscular physique in 3 months, by my birthday.
I have devised an exercise plan and diet plan to help me achieve the muscular physique I desire.
I would like to say about my exercise plan is that I like to keep things simple and that I don't like weights only machines.
The exercise plan: 6 times a week, monday to saturday
At the end of each workout 30mins of bycicle macnine.
And all exercises are 15x3 repetitions.
Monday and Thursday :Chest press machine.Shoulder raise machine.
Tuesday and Friday :Lat pulldown macnine.Biceps curl machine.
Wednesday and Saturday :Ab macnine.Tricep dips machine.

The diet plan :
I want to become vegan so it's all plant based besides 1 can of sardines a day for the b12.
3 meals a day.
Breakfast :200g of oats + 2g of sea salt + 1 carrot + 1 pear + 1 cup of Peppermint tea + 500ml of tap water.
Lunch :200g of frozen green peas + 2g of sea salt +1 can of sardines + 200g of roasted peanuts + 100g of raw tahini + 1 apple + 1 green onion + 1 cup of Peppermint tea + 500ml of tap water.
Dinner:200g of red lentils+ 2g of salt + 1 green pepper + 1 orange + 1 cup of peppermint tea + 500ml of tap water.

Also in, part of the plan is to stop masturbating.
Do you think that it will also asist me in becoming muscular.

I would appreciate the feedback.
(edited 7 years ago)
No I do not think this will assist you in becoming muscular. Especially the parts where you said

I have devised an exercise plan and diet plan

and

I would like to say about my exercise plan is that I like to keep things simple and that I don't like weights only machines.

and

And all exercises are 15x3 repetitions.

In addition, your diet plan is bizarre and not good.

In conclusion, read the sticky http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3014757&p=52094483#post52094483, eat better, and choose an established lifting program that isn't so rubbish.

And then stick to it for more than 3 months, cos you're gonna need longer than that.
you won't get muscular in 3 months, and why are you adding salt lmao
Reply 3
Well, in 3 months, it is possible with steroids.
I suggest you read the sticky as linked above mate, no offense but you're clearly clueless. You'll gain a bit of muscle if you do everything right, but don't expect a muscular build in 3 months.

Original post by B_9710
Well, in 3 months, it is possible with steroids.

No it isn't. You might gain 5-10lbs of actual muscle mass on a single cycle, which is definitely noticeable but if you're skinny to start with you're not just all of a sudden going to look muscular after one 3-month cycle.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WoodyMKC
I suggest you read the sticky as linked above mate, no offense but you're clearly clueless. You'll gain a bit of muscle if you do everything right, but don't expect a muscular build in 3 months.

No it isn't. You might gain 5-10lbs of actual muscle mass on a single cycle, which is definitely noticeable but if you're skinny to start with you're not just all of a sudden going to look muscular after one 3-month cycle.

Chill brahh. It was a joke if you didn't notice. Everyone knows you're the expert at taking steroids so what you say must be true.
Reply 6
Original post by Ano9901whichone
Chill brahh. It was a joke if you didn't notice. Everyone knows you're the expert at taking steroids so what you say must be true.

Spoiler

Original post by Ano9901whichone

Ohh..... LO-nah, weren't funny m8.

I'll take that as a compliment, cheers :wink: Just so you know, though, adding 6" to your arms over the space of 3 years is entirely possible naturally.
Reply 8
Original post by WoodyMKC
Ohh..... LO-nah, weren't funny m8.

I'll take that as a compliment, cheers :wink: Just so you know, though, adding 6" to your arms over the space of 3 years is entirely possible naturally.

With god tier genetics and only if they're fatceps too. 6 inches in 3 years is optimistic.
Original post by Harvlol
With god tier genetics and only if they're fatceps too. 6 inches in 3 years is optimistic.

You need good genetics, nothing freaky though. I personally think the problem for a lot of people is the lack of emphasis on arm training. Thankfully the "you don't need to train arms, just do heavy compounds and they will grow" school of thought is dying, all the top powerlifters do all these smaller exercises not only as assistance but also because they build muscle, and a larger muscle has more potential for strength. However, a lot of people still tack arms onto the end of their workouts, do a few sets of 10 just to get a pump, and don't progress very much in terms of the weight being lifted.

If you start out curling a 20kg barbell and 3 years down the line you're curling 30kg, that's an increase of 50%. If that was any main lift, that'd be dreadful progress. Yet, for arm isolations, that's considered acceptable by many, because it's "not an important exercise". If there was that lack of progress on your bench, your chest development would be crap. Same with your legs if the same applied to squats. Your arms are the same, they still need to be pushed to grow, and that means progressive overload. I've more than doubled my starting weights on curls and skullcrushers and it's not like I've prioritised them over anything else.

Thought I'd add as well, I don't wish to come across as the "lifetime natty" advocate. As I said, s of yet I've not juiced, but if I had, I'd have no issue admitting it openly. In fact, it's fairly common knowledge among the fitness forum guys that I've been researching PEDs for some time now and plan on taking the plunge later this year. I've openly discussed my choice numerous times. I sort of see why some people deny it, either they're endorsed or sponsored and risk losing them or they have kids or whatever, but if someone makes a point of saying "Yeah brah, I did this all natty!" with unbounded pride, I'm just like... what do you want, a ****ing medal?
I'm not on some spiritual journey to enlightenment by working as hard as I possibly can for every lb of muscle I gain, I've just got my goals in mind and the quicker I get there, the better. Plus my goal is unattainable naturally so there's that. But yeah, if I was on them I'd certainly have no issue admitting it, and when I do start them the members of this forum will be some of the first to know.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Not even sure this is serious but for the record :tongue:

Getting B12 whilst vegan isn't hard- it's added to all soy milk, you get supplements and there's nutritional yeast. I honestly don't know why folk get caught up on B12. However from a micro-nutrition point of view that's not a great diet but it's probably still better than the average meat eating student. It's not just vegans who need to think about micro-nutrition, though vegans do have different things to think about.

I've never ate a sardine in my life, I've been vegan for nutritional purpose (only very occasionally more than trace amounts) for 8 years and properly vegan for a few years. I'm yet to develop a B12 deficiency, show any signs of it or have any sort of problem show up in blood test.
Reply 11
For what reason other than ethical reasons would you go vegan?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Harvlol
For what reason other than ethical reasons would you go vegan?

why'd you edit? Read the OP :tongue:

I personally think only ethical reasons make sense- for animal and environmental perspectives. I don't buy into the health arguments, vegans can be just as healthy and unhealthy as anyone else. But we're off topic now*
Reply 13
Original post by BKS
why'd you edit? Read the OP :tongue:

I personally think only ethical reasons make sense- for animal and environmental perspectives. I don't buy into the health arguments, vegans can be just as healthy and unhealthy as anyone else. But we're off topic now*

Because the veganism fad triggers me, particularly the "vegans" who feel morally superior compared to everyone on earth and wish death upon fellow humans for eating meat.

Then I re-read OP's post and realized he was talking about veganism. So i edited as I had jumped the gun.

Each to their own but the self-righteous ******** annoys me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Harvlol
Because the veganism fad triggers me, particularly the vegans who feel morally superior than everyone on earth and wish death upon fellow humans for eating meat.

Then I re-read OP's post and realised he was talking about veganism. So i edited as I had jumped the gun.

Each to their own but the self-righteous ******** annoys me.

plenty of vegans annoy me. But people who take any excuse to go off on one about vegans annoy me too
Original post by BKS
plenty of vegans annoy me. But people who take any excuse to go off on one about vegans annoy me too

Pretty much this. If you have decided not to eat meat because you can't bring yourself to eat something that was alive, that is fine by me.
Original post by MartixMertix
x.

Don't be this dude and skip leg day.

Also, to put things into perspective ... building a physique takes blood, sweat and "years" not 3 months, which is 1/4 of your newbie gains :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest