The Student Room Group

When narrowing down list of unis...

Is it better to use the normal league ranking or the ranking for that specific course?? I've been to open days to all and like all three courses for economics; the Unis are Coventry, Bournemouth and de montfort. By normal table Coventry is the best followed by de Montfort but for economics it's bournmouth first followed by DMU and Coventry.
Of course btw I have been to all and am narrowing down my list now. Is one of these far more reputable than the other?
Reply 1
Original post by alexp98
Is it better to use the normal league ranking or the ranking for that specific course?? I've been to open days to all and like all three courses for economics; the Unis are Coventry, Bournemouth and de montfort. By normal table Coventry is the best followed by de Montfort but for economics it's bournmouth first followed by DMU and Coventry.
Of course btw I have been to all and am narrowing down my list now. Is one of these far more reputable than the other?

Don't use rankings. Look at the course structure, opportunities available at each uni (e.g. maybe a placement year or so), the location (whether or not you will want to live there for 3yrs+), the quality of the lectures and societies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending