The Student Room Group

Benefits of using an online provider for doing A-Levels?

Does anyone know what the benefits are using an online coarse provider to do
A-Levels other than the support. Have you ever used one of these services or did you do it by yourself.
I self-studied an A level without an online provider. Personally I don't think online providers have any real benefits. They cost a lot of money and from what I've heard, don't really provide any real teaching or guidance. You're essentially paying someone to mark your work and keep tabs with you. If you need that to keep motivated, fair enough, but otherwise you can easily do it by yourself with a textbook and YouTube.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
I self-studied an A level without an online provider. Personally I don't think online providers have any real benefits. They cost a lot of money and from what I've heard, don't really provide any real teaching or guidance. You're essentially paying someone to mark your work and keep tabs with you. If you need that to keep motivated, fair enough, but otherwise you can easily do it by yourself with a textbook and YouTube.

May I ask where you got your textbooks from?
Original post by Joshuaj1995
May I ask where you got your textbooks from?

Amazon.
Reply 4
Original post by Snufkin
Amazon.

There are many different textbooks from different people. Can you give me an idea as to what textbooks would be better for me?

Thanks!
Original post by Joshuaj1995
There are many different textbooks from different people. Can you give me an idea as to what textbooks would be better for me?

Thanks!

I can't unless I know which exam board you will be using.
Reply 6
Original post by Snufkin
I can't unless I know which exam board you will be using.

I have been working for a week now at different exam boards and I can't find out where I can sit my exams as a private study, for example Edexcel.

Quick Reply

Latest