The Student Room Group

Which watch to buy?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this so, apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place.

Anyhow, I'm going to be buying a watch. I don't really have a set budget but I'd prefer it to be less than £2000.

I've picked out two watches I really like:
The first one is around £750 and the second is around £1500

Spoiler

Spoiler

Right now I'm leaning towards the second one, but do you think the difference is worth the price?

Also open to other watch suggestions.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 34908seikj
Not sure if this is the right place to post this so, apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place.

Anyhow, I'm going to be buying a watch. I don't really have a set budget but I'd prefer it to be less than £2000.

I've picked out two watches I really like:
The first one is around £750 and the second is around £1500

Spoiler

Spoiler

Right now I'm leaning towards the second one, but do you think the difference is worth the price?

Also open to other watch suggestions.

Wow, they're both so expensive! Personally, I'd use the money in a different way (if I had it) but if that's what makes you happy, go for it. I prefer the second, but the first is so similar and yet so much cheaper that perhaps you should buy that one instead. If money really is no object though, go for the second.

Little bit off topic but this is the coolest watch I've ever seen - it shows the movements of the solar system. But it's $245,000 so over even your budget haha!

http://www.demilked.com/astronomical-watch-solar-system-midnight-planetarium/

(edited 7 years ago)
Apple watch
why would you buy a watch worth £750 and after a month or so, you are gonna get tired and buy another one!
you can buy a proper laptop, TV, computer, xbox literally anything!
i wouldn't go for this budget, use your money wisely :h:
scrap both of them and look for a watch maybe worth £50 or less - all watches shows you time and the exact time, nothing special in these watches which cheap watches wont show you :cute:
I quite like the first one
Reply 5
Original post by fatima1998
why would you buy a watch worth £750 and after a month or so, you are gonna get tired and buy another one!
you can buy a proper laptop, TV, computer, xbox literally anything!
i wouldn't go for this budget, use your money wisely :h:
scrap both of them and look for a watch maybe worth £50 or less - all watches shows you time and the exact time, nothing special in these watches which cheap watches wont show you :cute:

I have an alright laptop, don't watch TV, and don't play video games anymore :biggrin:.

I'm not even a big fan of watches, but everyone else in the family has got one (some a lot more expensive than the ones i'm thinking of buying), I guess it's sort of like a tradition.
Reply 6
Original post by Platopus
Wow, they're both so expensive! Personally, I'd use the money in a different way (if I had it) but if that's what makes you happy, go for it. I prefer the second, but the first is so similar and yet so much cheaper that perhaps you should buy that one instead. If money really is no object though, go for the second.

Little bit off topic but this is the coolest watch I've ever seen - it shows the movements of the solar system. But it's $245,000 so over even your budget haha!

http://www.demilked.com/astronomical-watch-solar-system-midnight-planetarium/

smh I don't like rose gold :biggrin:
Your watch costs almost as much as my car*

Why bother *
Reply 8
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Your watch costs almost as much as my car*

Why bother *

Well, unfortunately, I can't drive as I'm a little underage. Like I said above, I more or less feel obligated to get a 'luxury' watch since everyone in the family has one, mine is on the cheap side compared to theirs :/
Although, I do agree It's pretty wasteful to spend so much on a watch.
Honestly, the second one looks much better than the first
Reply 11

I don't really like the case, looks like they've tried to colour it rose gold but failed.

Spoiler

Reply 12
Original post by asinghj
Honestly, the second one looks much better than the first

I don't know, the window on the second one is cutting into the number 12 numeral, might be a deal breaker :/
I don't know, the window on the second one is cutting into the number 12 numeral, might be a deal breaker :/

Well you are buying a watch so if you think that the window might be a deal breaker then don't spend thousands on that watch and instead go for the first one
If you have the money then just pick the one you like best but i'd opt for the cheaper one as you could get a lot for the other £750 you'd have spare...
Reply 16
Original post by PrincessBO$$

Amateur.
Reply 17
I have an alright laptop, don't watch TV, and don't play video games anymore :biggrin:.

I'm not even a big fan of watches, but everyone else in the family has got one (some a lot more expensive than the ones i'm thinking of buying), I guess it's sort of like a tradition.

I thought spending £250 on an apple watch was bad. If you aren't a fan of watches that seems like a waste of money. I don't particularly like watches myself that's why i opted for the smart watch choice. I get all my messages/notifications coming through my watch when I'm not allowed my phone in work. It's great
Reply 18
Original post by s.logan9
I thought spending £250 on an apple watch was bad. If you aren't a fan of watches that seems like a waste of money. I don't particularly like watches myself that's why i opted for the smart watch choice. I get all my messages/notifications coming through my watch when I'm not allowed my phone in work. It's great

I'm pretty put off by smart watches, compared to traditional watches they don't last very long. I was looking into a pebble though.
there are many watches but i like TAG Heuer brand watches

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending