The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Look at how small and unintrusive and easy to cancel the new pop-up is. :love:
...and a few minutes later, I find out that this one still lives. :unimpressed:

:rofl: The struggles associated with logging on to TSR :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's up everyone got some good news :biggrin:

"As some of you will be aware if you have ever taken part in big forum games or society threads, TSR has a limit on the number of posts that can be included in a single thread (10,000 posts). When a discussion goes over the 10,000 posts limit, the whole site just collapses and stops working. We've looked into this and there isn't really a way around it because it's so core to the way the site works.

So, we are going to implement a change this week to improve this for you all:

Auto close - When a thread hits 10,000 posts it will automatically close, so someone doesn't have to manually do it.

Create new thread - within the old thread, it is possible for someone to reply after it is closed and that reply will become the Opening First Post of the new thread (with a notice that this is happening so you will know)

Auto numbering - on creating the new thread, the title will automatically update from Version 1 to Version 2, Version 3 to Version 4 etc.

Watchers auto carry across - one of the big problems with the old way is that the watchers of the old thread are lost, so these will now automagically carry across to the new thread.

I hope you like it, please let us know how it goes once live :smile:"

Captain jack
Original post by mr T 999
What's up everyone got some good news :biggrin:

"As some of you will be aware if you have ever taken part in big forum games or society threads, TSR has a limit on the number of posts that can be included in a single thread (10,000 posts). When a discussion goes over the 10,000 posts limit, the whole site just collapses and stops working. We've looked into this and there isn't really a way around it because it's so core to the way the site works.

So, we are going to implement a change this week to improve this for you all:

Auto close - When a thread hits 10,000 posts it will automatically close, so someone doesn't have to manually do it.

Create new thread - within the old thread, it is possible for someone to reply after it is closed and that reply will become the Opening First Post of the new thread (with a notice that this is happening so you will know)

Auto numbering - on creating the new thread, the title will automatically update from Version 1 to Version 2, Version 3 to Version 4 etc.

Watchers auto carry across - one of the big problems with the old way is that the watchers of the old thread are lost, so these will now automagically carry across to the new thread.

I hope you like it, please let us know how it goes once live :smile:"

Captain jack

Wooo.

I would have never thought that we were responsible for site crashes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive
Wooo.

I would have never thought that we were responsible for site crashes.

Great news! But we'll still need @Greg to rename the next part, so that it isn't 'Part 25 Version 2' or something silly. :p:
Well at least there is only one true prize now, 10,000th post. Not last post which is a mickey mouse trophy. :wink:

Latest