The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

I need to have photo ID for enrolment?

I was looking through the undergraduate handbook to see what i had to take with me and it says i need 'Photo ID (passport, full or provisional driving license)' But i have none of those! The only photo ID i have is a Citizen Card!

What do i do?!
Use the photo booth to have one done as that's what will be on your Student ID card. Or some unis will take your photo on the actual enrolment day.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Is there a reason you don't have/want a passport or driving licence?

I would be very surprised if a Citizen Card wasn't accepted.
Original post by Seamus123
Use the photo booth to have one done as that's what will be on your Student ID card. Or some unis will take your photo on the actual enrolment day.

Photo ID, not just a photo.
Citizen Card should be OK THEN.
Reply 5
Original post by Duncan2012
Is there a reason you don't have/want a passport or driving licence?

I would be very surprised if a Citizen Card wasn't accepted.

No, im hoping to get a passport towards the end of this year but i just havent been able to afford it yet. Okay, i hope it is accepted!
Reply 6
Thankyou both! :smile:
Original post by raelawtie
Thankyou both! :smile:

It'll be worth getting a provisional licence for your time at uni, as many other places do not accept CitizenCard as proof of age or ID. Provisional licences are cheaper and easier to obtain than passports, so I wouldn't get a passport unless you're required to go abroad as part of your degree
Reply 8
For your student enrollment you'll need some form of ID - it can be anything that has the government PASS stamp on it :smile:
Reply 9
I was looking through the undergraduate handbook to see what i had to take with me and it says i need 'Photo ID (passport, full or provisional driving license)' But i have none of those! The only photo ID i have is a Citizen Card!

What do i do?!

I recommend getting a provisional driving licence. All you need is to fill out stuff, pay for it and send a picture and your citizen card to them. It's not that expensive and it's more widely accepted than citizen cards. I was both surprised and annoyed by this, considering you can travel through countries with citizen card but they don't accept it when you try to buy alcohol. So I can't say 100% that they will take the card.
Reply 10
Original post by Devify
I recommend getting a provisional driving licence. All you need is to fill out stuff, pay for it and send a picture and your citizen card to them. It's not that expensive and it's more widely accepted than citizen cards. I was both surprised and annoyed by this, considering you can travel through countries with citizen card but they don't accept it when you try to buy alcohol. So I can't say 100% that they will take the card.

Gosh okay, thankyou for the help! Will try get a provisional as soon as possible!
Reply 11
Gosh okay, thankyou for the help! Will try get a provisional as soon as possible!

It doesn't take long if you send them photo ID with the application. Mine only took a week or so to get back.
It takes longer for people who send birth certificates and such because they need to have someone confirm it's them in the attached picture. So before proceeding with the application, they first look into the person supporting the application. My mate did that and it took them over a month.

Quick Reply

Latest