The Student Room Group

Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Scroll to see replies

1) Beyond: Two Souls
2) Final Fantasy XIII
3) Hyperdimension Neptunia (series)
4) Heavy Rain

There's many other memorable games but these are just the top 4, if I mentioned all the memorable games I've played then I'd be here a while.
Not the easy way out,I can't just name a game that pops into my head,The more you play,The more you need to think about a fav.As for Witcher series,I believe that the main menu track is the best track.
[video="youtube;fOn1xdGkyHY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOn1xdGkyHY[/video]much more impact if you watch the actual trailer/Have played the previous games.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by eternaforest
Mario kart double dash has the best soundtrack :biggrin: and wow my first one was Lost Future haha and it's my favourite as well. I've played them all but not completed azran legacy yet. That's the last in the series although there is a spin-off game with ace attorney as well. Spectre's call is pretty good but the ones on 3ds aren't as good imo. The puzzles get a bit repetitive and i miss the old 2D graphics :frown: at least the cutscenes are 2D!

Ok, I'll have to get at least one of them in the future :biggrin: I missed this as well, the 3D graphics do look a bit off :lol: I'll actually have to play Lost Future again because this thread has caused my nostalgia levels to be too high :rofl: I think older games in general are more enjoyable as they kinda seem more genuine (probably not the best word, but yeah), like things like 3D graphics which look off tarnish it a tiny bit for me
Original post by Kamara7
Ok, I'll have to get at least one of them in the future :biggrin: I missed this as well, the 3D graphics do look a bit off :lol: I'll actually have to play Lost Future again because this thread has caused my nostalgia levels to be too high :rofl: I think older games in general are more enjoyable as they kinda seem more genuine (probably not the best word, but yeah), like things like 3D graphics which look off tarnish it a tiny bit for me

Have you seen the professor layton movie? It's actually really good! And it also involves around four or five puzzles for the audience to solve :biggrin: its actually relevant to the games as parts of the story are in the 3ds games because it takes place between last spectre and mask of miracles. There's also an app game called Layton Brothers: Mystery Room but i havent played it yet
Best game I ever played was Smackdown vs Raw 2006

Then most FIFA games and Assassins creed Brotherhood.
Red Dead Redemption. Flat out the best story, multiplayer and gameplay all in one that I've experienced so far :smile: My fav game
Have you seen the professor layton movie? It's actually really good! And it also involves around four or five puzzles for the audience to solve :biggrin: its actually relevant to the games as parts of the story are in the 3ds games because it takes place between last spectre and mask of miracles. There's also an app game called Layton Brothers: Mystery Room but i havent played it yet

WHY DO I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS??? That's so cool omg :biggrin: :biggrin: I just googled it and I didn't realise the Eternal Diva was actually a film, I thought it was just a different name for one of the games I haven't played (like Unwound Future and stuff). Omg there's a full version on Youtube!!! :woo: Do you recommend playing Spectre's Call beforehand, or doesn't it matter. Thank you for bringing this in my life!!! I've heard about the app but I haven't played it either. I've heard that it's not as good as the DS games but I'll try it anyway :smile:
Steam: Garry's Mod, you will never get bored
For console: Halo Reach, really fun especially custom games in forge world
Single-player: Can't decide between Portal 2, Skyrim and Bully
Original post by Kamara7
WHY DO I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS??? That's so cool omg :biggrin: :biggrin: I just googled it and I didn't realise the Eternal Diva was actually a film, I thought it was just a different name for one of the games I haven't played (like Unwound Future and stuff). Omg there's a full version on Youtube!!! :woo: Do you recommend playing Spectre's Call beforehand, or doesn't it matter. Thank you for bringing this in my life!!! I've heard about the app but I haven't played it either. I've heard that it's not as good as the DS games but I'll try it anyway :smile:

The film actually came out before last spectre if i remember so it shouldnt make a difference :biggrin: For a film based off a game it's actually pretty decent.
The film actually came out before last spectre if i remember so it shouldnt make a difference :biggrin: For a film based off a game it's actually pretty decent.

Yay, thanks! I'm really looking forward to it :parrot:
@eternaforest I've watched it and agree with you completely :h: I didn't realise Emmy was so badass XD They weaved the puzzles in really well, I was so happy when they were introduced as puzzle 001 :smile:
Original post by Kamara7
@eternaforest I've watched it and agree with you completely :h: I didn't realise Emmy was so badass XD They weaved the puzzles in really well, I was so happy when they were introduced as puzzle 001 :smile:

I haven't watched it in around 5 years :colondollar: but yes emmy is bad ass! She's brilliant in the last spectre and the 3ds games as well. Did you get the puzzles right? :biggrin:
Red Dead Redemption.
I haven't watched it in around 5 years :colondollar: but yes emmy is bad ass! She's brilliant in the last spectre and the 3ds games as well. Did you get the puzzles right? :biggrin:

I was close with the first two (the stars and the biggest crown) but I didn't have a clue about the others XD The king one with the letters on the floor was a really good one. I was so happy I figured out what that machine did just before everything was being revealed :biggrin:
Original post by Kamara7
I was close with the first two (the stars and the biggest crown) but I didn't have a clue about the others XD The king one with the letters on the floor was a really good one. I was so happy I figured out what that machine did just before everything was being revealed :biggrin:

I need to watch it again! I actually can't remember the solutions, which is a good thing :smile: do you plan on getting the rest of the games then?
sims
mario bros
runescape
Tempted to say Super Mario 64, but it's mostly nostaligia.

I'm going to go with Skyrim and all it's mods.
DUST 514

RIP o7
I need to watch it again! I actually can't remember the solutions, which is a good thing :smile: do you plan on getting the rest of the games then?

I definitely plan on getting Spectre's Call and then I might as well get Azran Legacy to complete the trilogy :biggrin: It's sad that the main games are over, I hope there's more of it soon in the future, somewhere :moon:.

Quick Reply

Latest