The Student Room Group

Free courses with qualifications?

Hey all,

One of my friends moved countries, so he had to drop out of his degree. He's in the UK for a year, and I was wondering if there are any free courses he could take which would leave him with a qualification? (something higher than an A level , as he has already finished A levels)

No, there are no free qualifications in the UK that are higher than A level. Exactly what kind of qualification does he want? There is a list of free online university courses in my signature, he could do some of them but he wouldn't get a named qualification out of it, just a certificate listing what modules he's done.
Reply 2
He wants any course which he can do.

What are his options if he does courses which are at A-level?
Reply 3
Original post by kelefi
He wants any course which he can do.

What are his options if he does courses which are at A-level?

Depends what his local colleges offer, whether they accept non-UK students and what their fees would be. Or he could study something online via the Open University if he wanted a formal qualification, although they will charge as well.

MOOCS run by universities via websites like Coursera and FutureLearn will keep his hand in and are free, but as above, they won't give any formal qualifications.*Some will allow you to buy a certificate of completion, so it can be listed on a CV and you'll be able to back it up with proof.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending