The Student Room Group

I dont want to go to school.

I'm so stressed at school i cant go in and its effecting my health. i dont know which way to turn. Im in year 12,. If you have any suggestions as to what i can do please let me know

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
dont go then...?
Reply 2
Original post by lauran-l
I'm so stressed at school i cant go in and its effecting my health. i dont know which way to turn. Im in year 12,. If you have any suggestions as to what i can do please let me know

Yeah me too when I studied year 11 but have a long holiday.So don't worry Do hard work and then later it will help you to go right future.Also,if you work hard now later you can get a good job and better future.pray to god to give a strength to carry on.
Talk to your school about distance learning. Maybe you can study at home and just go in to school to sit your exams or hand in work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by samzy21
Talk to your school about distance learning. Maybe you can study at home and just go in to school to sit your exams or hand in work

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do work from home at the moment. But I am so unhappy with the way 6th form works.
Reply 5
Original post by shawtyb
dont go then...?

In the UK you have to be in full time education, full time work or an apprenticeship until youre 18
Reply 6
Original post by anojan
Yeah me too when I studied year 11 but have a long holiday.So don't worry Do hard work and then later it will help you to go right future.Also,if you work hard now later you can get a good job and better future.pray to god to give a strength to carry on.

I had a similar problem in year 11 but this time it seems magnified. i only just finished my exams last year.
I do work from home at the moment. But I am so unhappy with the way 6th form works.

What is it about sixth form that makes you not like it? Is it the work or something else?
Speak honestly and openly with your school and try to come up with some solution like a reduced timetable and some moral support from the school, possibly like someone said earlier, distance learning. Schools are honestly clueless about a majority of things in people's lives, which is why the best thing you can do is just tell someone how it's affecting you. At the moment, what you're learning you're likely to re-learn in September anyway if you really don't feel up to it. Remember that your health is far more important that going to school - I can say that as someone who's had to spend an extra year in sixth form due to health reasons. Sorting something out before you go back to school in September (if you chose to), not only will be helpful for you but the school too, as they can do something about it. Good luck with everything:hugs:
Reply 9
In the UK you have to be in full time education, full time work or an apprenticeship until youre 18

i am in the uk lol.
i thought it only applied to the younger ones now?
Reply 10
Original post by Ara8311a
What is it about sixth form that makes you not like it? Is it the work or something else?

The fact that if youre ill for a week it is near enough impossible to catch up. Theres so much work on. Im not enjoying my subjects. And i cant change to the subjects i want to do as my school doesnt offer them
Reply 11
Original post by shawtyb
i am in the uk lol.
i thought it only applied to the younger ones now?

No. that applied to me and the years younger. unfortunately

Technically this is the law but it's not enforced. Nothing happens if you leave.
No. that applied to me and the years younger. unfortunately

Original post by redbluedex
Technically this is the law but it's not enforced. Nothing happens if you leave.

what @redbluedex said. i cant see them enforcing it
The fact that if youre ill for a week it is near enough impossible to catch up. Theres so much work on. Im not enjoying my subjects. And i cant change to the subjects i want to do as my school doesnt offer them

Have you considered changing schools next year and repeating year 12? A college might suit you better. It's more relaxed and you can work at your own pace more. I think it can also be easier to catch up.
Reply 15
Original post by dragonsonmars
Speak honestly and openly with your school and try to come up with some solution like a reduced timetable and some moral support from the school, possibly like someone said earlier, distance learning. Schools are honestly clueless about a majority of things in people's lives, which is why the best thing you can do is just tell someone how it's affecting you. At the moment, what you're learning you're likely to re-learn in September anyway if you really don't feel up to it. Remember that your health is far more important that going to school - I can say that as someone who's had to spend an extra year in sixth form due to health reasons. Sorting something out before you go back to school in September (if you chose to), not only will be helpful for you but the school too, as they can do something about it. Good luck with everything:hugs:

Thanks. I do have a reduced timetable and i spend the majority of time working from home. So i have spoken to school about it.
Were trying to sort something out but we arent quite sure what to do.

THANKS!!
Reply 16
Original post by Ara8311a
Have you considered changing schools next year and repeating year 12? A college might suit you better. It's more relaxed and you can work at your own pace more. I think it can also be easier to catch up.

i didnt think of that. That maybe a huge possibility. Is it possible to repeat Year 12 doing different subjects all together?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!
i didnt think of that. That maybe a huge possibility. Is it possible to repeat Year 12 doing different subjects all together?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Completely. It might be a good way to have a fresh start.
Reply 18
Original post by shawtyb
what @redbluedex said. i cant see them enforcing it

Yeah but I dont have anything to do instead. I dont want to just do nothing. If 6th form was enjoyable id actually be alright. I dont want to give up on education but the rate that im going at im going to have a breakdown

I literally had the same experience as yourself. For some reason, sixth form and myself just didn't click! I ended up quitting and spending 5 months of my life doing absolutely nothing and my sleep pattern was all over the place. Eventually, when I tried to fix it I had a seizure because my mind and body were at odds. So that was a bit of a wake up call!

I ended up going back to college and it was the best thing I could of done. I'm not suggesting quitting at all. Try and isolate what you're struggling with in particular and ask for help from those that are around you, especially college. If they don't help you then they aren't doing their job!

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest