The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

So I'm a bit confused, I've been walking around town catching pokemon. I've caught so many Pidgey's that I now have evolved one and I now have a Pidgeot. He has a CP of 210.

Am I correct in saying the only way to upgrade your Pokemon is to use the Stardust powerups? And the only way you get Stardust is by catching Pokemon?

For some reaosn I put my starter Charmander in the Pokemon Gym who has a CP of 52, I didn't click fight but the other option, I left him in the Gym now he has 0 HP. Need to walk back into town and get him back :biggrin:

Also,

#TeamRED
Original post by SoggyCabbages
So I'm a bit confused, I've been walking around town catching pokemon. I've caught so many Pidgey's that I now have evolved one and I now have a Pidgeot. He has a CP of 210.

Am I correct in saying the only way to upgrade your Pokemon is to use the Stardust powerups? And the only way you get Stardust is by catching Pokemon?

For some reaosn I put my starter Charmander in the Pokemon Gym who has a CP of 52, I didn't click fight but the other option, I left him in the Gym now he has 0 HP. Need to walk back into town and get him back :biggrin:

Also,

#TeamRED

Your Charmander will already be back in your inventory so you don't need to go back and fetch him 😄. You didn't fight, but someone fought your Charmander after you left. A revive (and probably potion) will fill his HP again though.

Stardust can be obtained for holding onto a gym for 21 hours (as well as catching Pokemon) too but that's going to get more and more difficult when more people start playing.
Original post by DarkMagic
Your Charmander will already be back in your inventory so you don't need to go back and fetch him 😄. You didn't fight, but someone fought your Charmander after you left. A revive (and probably potion) will fill his HP again though.

Stardust can be obtained for holding onto a gym for 21 hours (as well as catching Pokemon) too but that's going to get more and more difficult when more people start playing.

Ah you're right, just used a potion thingy on him and he rose back to life, dunno why I didn't think of that. :biggrin:

The two gyms around me are likely TeamRed like me. At the moment I seem to be catching Zubata and Rattatas only! Just upgraded my Pideot so now he's CP 460 so he should be alright to chill in the gym for a while.
Original post by King Leonidas
Official release for android users!!:biggrin:

Google Play has officially released the hit game Pokémon Go on their market, it is now available for download in the UK. FYI I'm only kidding...

How could you DO this to me?!?!! I got REALLY excited and now I look like a fool in front of my colleagues :bawling:
My housemate has it on her phone. There were loads of unusual Pokemon just hanging out in our house. I want this game so badly!!!
I don't know how to play it... and it drains the battery
You can download it from the store if you use a VPN proxy app.

For android get VPN proxy app from the store (VPN proxy unlimited).

Set proxy location to a country that the game is available in (like Australia).

Go to settings - apps and find Google play store app.

Force close it and clear cache

With proxy on, open it up and find Pokemon Go. It will think you're in Australia and allow the download.

Once installed you can uninstall the proxy and clear cache again and you're good to go with a proper version.
Got it yesterday. Level 6 now.

Tons of people in my town have it already. Thought I'd got a very strong Raticate and took it to the gyms. Saw a couple of 800CP Hypno's just chillin' around, and there's one on every gym (though not the same teams, interestingly). Transpires my town centre is absolutely teeming with Drowzee.

Also, Team Instinct. Zapdos is by far the best legendary bird and if the three get released Zapdos will have a very obvious edge in battle against the other two what with being SE against both and resisting flying attacks.
Original post by King Leonidas
Official release for android users!!:biggrin:

Google Play has officially released the hit game Pokémon Go on their market, it is now available for download in the UK. FYI I'm only kidding...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you download this on an iPhone?

also what are 'gyms' that everyone keeps talking about? like actual gyms?
Original post by abcde3237
Can you download this on an iPhone?

also what are 'gyms' that everyone keeps talking about? like actual gyms?

You can on iPhone if you change the region of your appstore, I think.

Gyms are situated at notable places (in my town, there's one by a famous statue on the waterfront as well as one in the middle of the towns biggest park). In this game there are three teams, each related to one of the three legendary bird Pokemon. When you first arrive at a gym (at level 5 or higher) you choose one of these teams. You then battle at gyms in order to obtain it for your team.
Bruv, I beg someone show me how I download pokemon GO? I heard there's a foking Mew in a forest outside my house
Original post by melinae
So I caved in and downloaded this today whist I was on the bus, cheeky grabbing pokes and hotspots as the bus went past. It worked, got an Eevee! But my uni is full of Grimer. :/ Whats the rarest poke youve seen/caught? Most of the gyms have been captured by Snorelax in Leicester hahaha!

Not entirely sure which are rare and which aren't (aside from the obvious common ones), but I caught a wild Magmar yesterday. It's reasonably strong, but I don't have the candy to strengthen it any further.

I came across my first yellow gym on my way home from work today and left a pokemon there. Red seem to be dominating my area. I saw it pop-up in the distance on the map, and then had to run a good half a mile to get there before my 4% of battery ran out :lol: Just managed it.

Beat another gym near my house for the second time, but haven't been able to take it yet as they seem to have strengthened between the two defeats, whilst I was working.
(edited 7 years ago)
Had a mixed day today, walked quite far and caught some stuff whilst in Leicester, saw a 287 Cp beedrill on motorway was battling it then the glitch kicked in and I had to restart it so lost it :frown: got a 355 hypno with hardly any of the curve bar filled so that's all good. Might go out a bit later in my area and just grind for stardust as I really wanna improve my hypno and pidgeot and put them in gyms. Need more pokeballs too
How do i download on android in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 235
I started playing this the other day! I'm really enjoying it, aside from my house being infested with Weedles.
#TeamInstinct for the win.

In the poll you should have done it so the colour of the bars is the same colour as the team.
Original post by GothicShield
How do i download on android in the uk

You can either download the file or get it from the play store. Play store is more effort but you get all the updates and it's linked properly.

To do that download VPN ultimate proxy app. Open the app and set location to Australia and make sure it's connected.

Go to settings -apps and find Google play store. Click on it and force stop it then go into storage and delete cache.

Now when you open Google play store it will think you're in Australia where the game has been released and allow you to download it.

Once the game is installed you're free to go. You can uninstall the proxy app and delete cache again to reset it to your real location
Just went back out and won control of one of the gyms near me for team yellow.

A Mr.Mime popped up in my nearby Pokemon tab. I spent 15 minutes or so trying to figure out which direction it was in but never seemed to get any closer no matter what direction I walked in. At one point it was the closest Pokemon to me, but still 3 steps away.
Original post by Devify
You can either download the file or get it from the play store. Play store is more effort but you get all the updates and it's linked properly.

To do that download VPN ultimate proxy app. Open the app and set location to Australia and make sure it's connected.

Go to settings -apps and find Google play store. Click on it and force stop it then go into storage and delete cache.

Now when you open Google play store it will think you're in Australia where the game has been released and allow you to download it.

Once the game is installed you're free to go. You can uninstall the proxy app and delete cache again to reset it to your real location

I cant find vpn ultimate proxy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply