The Student Room Group

Where to meet slightly older guys?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by post-grad-u-ate
Going to the gym, you would find a red-blooded male, who is body confident, etc. etc.

I do frequently, and especially use the weights section, most are either european (not my type) or too young/very skinny. Very very rarely do I spot someone i find attractive.

Hardly ever get approached regardless
Online dating. A lot of men there are usually 30+.
Reply 22
Id rather not tbh, only people on there would most likely be unable to get women in real life and thus desperate/unattractive.

And I'm not looking for 30+, merely upto late-ish twenties
Original post by abcde3237
only people on there would most likely be unable to get women in real life and thus desperate/unattractive.

That's a pretty crappy attitude to have. Sometimes men and women are unlucky in love and need to broaden their horizons, ala online dating. Yeah granted there's a lot of creeps but there's also some good potential partners out there. Saddens me to read this because it's this sort of attitude that doesn't help me with getting a date online...

Fair enough if you don't want to try it, but don't knock the people who do.

Anyway, pursue your interests, work hard, and like-minded people will walk into your life. Maybe try volunteering?
Id rather not tbh, only people on there would most likely be unable to get women in real life and thus desperate/unattractive.

Darling, with that attitude good luck finding a proper man.
Reply 25
sorry, didn't mean it to come across as harsh or insensitive, you are right of course people use to for different reasons. Im just very apprehensive about it personally :smile:
sorry, didn't mean it to come across as harsh or insensitive, you are right of course people use to for different reasons. Im just very apprehensive about it personally :smile:

I understand, I wasn't judging you. :smile:
Reply 27
bump
Old mandem's homes innit

why would a successful and attractive mature man want a girl like you?
Reply 30
Original post by Tabstercat
why would a successful and attractive mature man want a girl like you?

'like you'... please pray tell what you are implying with this statement, you know nothing about what i have to offer a partner
'like you'... please pray tell what you are implying with this statement, you know nothing about what i have to offer a partner

just saying if you want a top 10% man you're going to have to be top 10% yourself. And to be honest don't see much reason why a successful mature and settled man would want a girl who is still in uni.
Girls from experience where do you meet guys who are in their mid-late twenties? I'm at uni and most people are 21/22 or younger but i prefer slightly older guys who are a bit more mature and settled.

Guys feel free to chime in too if you have good ideas through experience from mates or such!

Depends where you are and what you are looking for surely

if you want a relationship try looking in areas you have shared interests or if fun try a pub or club

or go older and get looked after :smile:
Reply 33
just saying if you want a top 10% man you're going to have to be top 10% yourself. And to be honest don't see much reason why a successful mature and settled man would want a girl who is still in uni.

are you male or female?

edit: male

whats the issue with someone still being at uni?
are you male or female?

edit: male

whats the issue with someone still being at uni?

if a guys "settled" (as you say you want), I don't understand why he would want someone who's life is far from settled? surely anyone decent would want someone in the same boat as him - settled, mature, already on the career ladder - not someone still in uni?
Reply 35
if a guys "settled" (as you say you want), I don't understand why he would want someone who's life is far from settled? surely anyone decent would want someone in the same boat as him - settled, mature, already on the career ladder - not someone still in uni?

how old are you?

This thread is only about suggestions on how to meet older guys, not debating whether or not we'd be a good match (your reasoning is questionable btw). The thing about compatible personalities come after actually meeting, i can handle that after.

If you dont have any actual suggestions then bugger off.
how old are you?

This thread is only about suggestions on how to meet older guys, not debating whether or not we'd be a good match (your reasoning is questionable btw). The thing about compatible personalities come after actually meeting, i can handle that after.

If you dont have any actual suggestions then bugger off.

it's not about being a good match or compatibility, I'm just stating the obvious - most people want partners who are at the same stage of their life as themselves. By being in uni and wanting a man who is already ahead on the career ladder you're going against that.

"Like you" = Someone of your age, who's still at university

You'd have thought a guy in his mid to late twenties with a decent job and a few years of experience who's looking to settle down soon would normally be able to get someone who's also been working for a couple of years and also ready to settle down.

A professional guy is unlikely to be specifically looking for someone who's "still at uni" as one of their preferences in a partner, though I'm sure they'd be happy to go for a girl who's younger and still at uni if there was something particularly exceptional about her that they liked and differentiated her from every other university student. So it's just worth considering what that might be, in your case.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by tazarooni89
"Like you" = Someone of your age, who's still at university

You'd have thought a guy in his mid to late twenties with a decent job and a few years of experience who's looking to settle down soon would normally be able to get someone who's also been working for a couple of years and also ready to settle down.

"Still being at uni" wouldn't usually be on a professional guy's list of preferences in a partner, though I'm sure they'd be happy to go for a girl who's much younger and still at uni if there was something particularly exceptional about her. So it's just worth considering what that might be, in your case.

fair enough, what if i said that my degree of choice was a longer one (almost double that of normal degrees) and almost guaranteed employment at the end ? Is there that much of a difference between say a 22 y/o in their last year of uni and a 23 y/o who's just graduated? What about a 21 y/o who has graduated, but a 22 y/o who is doing a second degree? The argument doesn't hold much water

why couldn't someone at uni also be ready to settle down? being of uni going age and being mature/ready to settle down aren't mutually exclusive :s-smilie: guys don't generally tend to look for 'career women' in particular, and prefer younger girls just because, no need for exceptions. Trying to understand where you're coming from but it's not making much sense to me
Reply 39
I've always been friends with older people so meet them through friends etc :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest