The Student Room Group

Post GCSE Summer Holidays!

So now that GCSEs are over and i've had almost a month of no work and fun, I think it's time I get some work done in preparations for AS Levels. So I will post on this thread any work I do just to make sure I'm on top of things and maybe motivate others to get a head start.
AS LEVELS:
Biology(OCR)
Chemistry(OCR)
Maths (AQA)
English Lit (Edexcel)

(I'm aiming to get an A in each of these subjects)

Don't get me wrong I'm still going to have lots of fun these holidays (I'm going to Paris soon too) but I don't want to fall behind so I'll do little bits of work in between :biggrin:
12/07/16

Today I've:
- Read some of "a thousand splenidid suns" which is the book I will be studying
-Done some GCSE maths practice
-Started Core 1 (maths)

But I've literally done 10 questions so I'm taking it pretty easy rn
Original post by GCSEstudentt
So now that GCSEs are over and i've had almost a month of no work and fun, I think it's time I get some work done in preparations for AS Levels. So I will post on this thread any work I do just to make sure I'm on top of things and maybe motivate others to get a head start.
AS LEVELS:
Biology(OCR)
Chemistry(OCR)
Maths (AQA)
English Lit (Edexcel)

Don't get me wrong I'm still going to have lots of fun these holidays (I'm going to Paris soon too) but I don't want to fall behind so I'll do little bits of work in between :biggrin:

I admire your dedication to studying. :smile: I did a practice core 1 paper the other day and got an e... It's interesting how much of the content of core 1 links to further maths though.
Original post by Ara8311a
I admire your dedication to studying. :smile: I did a practice core 1 paper the other day and got an e... It's interesting how much of the content of core 1 links to further maths though.

I didn't do further maths so I'm probably going to struggle, that's why I'm working extra hard for maths :/
AS LEVELS:
Biology(OCR)
Chemistry(OCR)
Maths (AQA)
English Lit (Edexcel)

Hey your doing the same board as me for Chem and Bio :h: Have you bought the textbooks ?
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey your doing the same board as me for Chem and Bio :h: Have you bought the textbooks ?

My brother already has them so I'm just gonna use his :P he has the CGP ones and my college are giving us some at the start of the year. Wbu?
My brother already has them so I'm just gonna use his :P he has the CGP ones and my college are giving us some at the start of the year. Wbu?

Oh ok but isn't the syllabus changing though. I'm going to buy them after results day :h:
Reply 7
Read some of "a thousand splenidid suns" which is the book I will be studying

This book is amazing! You will love it :smile:
I didn't do further maths so I'm probably going to struggle, that's why I'm working extra hard for maths :/

It's not that hard when you get taught it and get given the notes. It gets to the point when it's basically the same as doing gcse maths because you know what to do. :smile:

Are you buying your own textbooks? (and already?!)
Oh ok but isn't the syllabus changing though. I'm going to buy them after results day :h:

Yeah my college are putting all the new ones online :smile:
Hey I am doing Biology Chemistry and Maths too :smile:. What things are you revising for Bio and Chem as I have been told that there are only a few things from GCSE that come up and I dont want to waste time revising things that wont come up. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Ara8311a
It's not that hard when you get taught it and get given the notes. It gets to the point when it's basically the same as doing gcse maths because you know what to do. :smile:

Are you buying your own textbooks? (and already?!)

Not yet after results day :h: It's too early now and yep you
Original post by JackLeggett
Hey I am doing Biology Chemistry and Maths too :smile:. What things are you revising for Bio and Chem as I have been told that there are only a few things from GCSE that come up and I dont want to waste time revising things that wont come up. Thanks :smile:

Hi, I'm not really doing much biology and chemistry anymore because I know I'll forget it and I'd rather let the teachers go through it. But I'm just doing the homework I got on induction day for those two subjects and my main focus is maths atm :biggrin:
I haven't done any work since I first posted whoops
I haven't done any work since I first posted whoops

Enjoy the summer :smile:
12/07/16

Today I've:
- Read some of "a thousand splenidid suns" which is the book I will be studying
-Done some GCSE maths practice
-Started Core 1 (maths)

But I've literally done 10 questions so I'm taking it pretty easy rn

Did you buy a book for maths?
Original post by Actuvia

I haven't bought any books yet but I am going to probably buy CGP books for all my subjects. But I am also going to ask my teachers when I start

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Actuvia

I have this book for maths (my brother's from last year)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Advanced-Maths-AQA-Core-C1/dp/0199149364/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1468837582&sr=8-4&keywords=aqa+as+maths

Its really good

Quick Reply

Latest