The Student Room Group

Was this lady rude or what?

I called H&M customer service to ask about outstanding balances, and she was like yes you have £70 that needs to be paid. I said ok can i pay now in which she replied yes of course. so i told her to wait while i get my bank details and she said that i need to go to the bank and pay there. i asked ''cant i pay over the phone? like every other services out there?'' and she gave me a blunt sarcastic reply ''no im not the bank so you cant''
[scrollr] RUDE [/scrollr]

is it just HM who cant accept payments over the phone ? i thought businesses take payment anywhere as money is everything to a business? they'll probably take payment from the sahara desert, they can probably crawl all the way to my house to take money, or dig up my grave for a payment. this is a first :coma:
She was a bit rude. She might not have had the faciliyu to take payments. You should have had your bank details to hand. Noy really worth bothering about. I bet if you ring them up again they could put you through to a department which could take payment.
I don't think she was rude.
Who's H&M, I'm too lazy too google.
Doesn't sound like she was being rude though.
Reply 4
If I had my own business, I wouldn't accept payments over the phone, it's too much hassle.

Also

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should have told her that the customer os always right.
Original post by SuperHuman98
Should have told her that the customer os always right.

But they're not always right...
lol if she has that hidden tsr account and finds you

Spoiler

Original post by 34908seikj
Who's H&M, I'm too lazy too google.
Doesn't sound like she was being rude though.

You don't even have to google H&M to know what it is! Do you live somewhere rural? :biggrin:
Original post by Pens&Papers
You don't even have to google H&M to know what it is! Do you live somewhere rural? :biggrin:

If my room counts as rural, then yes. So, what is it?
I think that her comment was unnecessarily rude. She could have explained to you their policy on telephone payments, rather than using sarcasm - for a bank, surely she should have acted more professionally?
Original post by Impressive
If I had my own business, I wouldn't accept payments over the phone, it's too much hassle.

Also

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

money is worth the hassle tbh
Reply 12
We do over the phone payments at work and you'd be surprised about the regulations you need to meet. (separate machines on a different network.)
You wouldn't be able to do it through customer services most likely, the most she would have been able to do was put you through to an accounts team who would probably be pissed off trying to find your invoices on the spot.
However, I'd be surprised if HM have many customers racking up payments like that so they might not bother with going through all the ball ache and regulations of having a phone payment team.
She sounds a little rude, however if you started going off on them, I can see why she said it.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
lol if she has that hidden tsr account and finds you

Spoiler

she'll probably make a counter thread like ''working in retail is BS''
:toofunny:

Spoiler

You people are so sensitive :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest