The Student Room Group

What is so new about having a woman leader? They're often very powerful.

We've had women leaders for thousands of years long before Terresa May or Margaret Thatcher.

Queen Boudiciea was the powerful Celtic leader who repelled the Roman invasion for many years.

Queen Elizabeth I, was a powerful leader who with Drake defeated the Spanish Armada and prevented the return of Catholicism in Britain.

Catherine the Great Romanov was a strong Russian Czar who held Russia together and made it a great country suppressing revolts and making people proud to be in Russian empire.

Jiang Qing (Madame Mao) was a powerful Chinese female leader who led China through the Great Cultural Revolution and made China a great powerful country while she led the Gang of Four after Mao deceased.
Reply 1
Yes, but can she lift?
Reply 2
Yeah but will she blend?
Reply 3
She's gonna be powerful because of her job, not her gender. Just like the other women you mentioned.

Thread makes zero sense.
She banned Tyler The Creator, she's got my vote
Reply 5
I think the problem is that she is the wrong female. Andrea was the girl for the job. May is more a Merkel-esque robot type character.
Because throughout history they have been vastly outnumbered by men, despite being 50% of the population.
She's a Tory.

She's a Tory.

SHE'S A ****ING TORY.

*and breathe*
Original post by Ambitious1999
We've had women leaders for thousands of years long before Terresa May or Margaret Thatcher.

No. We have had the very occasional woman leader. In fact, we have only had one female leader (Margret Thatcher) since our parliament started. Queens don't count owing to the hereditary nature of the monarch although unsurprisingly, some queens were pretty good at ruling.

It is rather disgraceful that so few women manage to get to the top and when they do it is usually to clear up a sh1t storm created by men. I can't help feel that this is a prime example of a well known phenomenon.
Original post by Ambitious1999

Queen Boudiciea was the powerful Celtic leader who repelled the Roman invasion for many years.

You might want to check your history there, she lead one uprising which failed after basically just going around slaughtering civilians, it was not holding off for years, the invasion had already happened under her father.

Queen Elizabeth I, was a powerful leader who with Drake defeated the Spanish Armada and prevented the return of Catholicism in Britain.

Much more significantly and more directly attributable would be the Act of Supremacy 1559

Catherine the Great Romanov was a strong Russian Czar who held Russia together and made it a great country suppressing revolts and making people proud to be in Russian empire.

Jiang Qing (Madame Mao) was a powerful Chinese female leader who led China through the Great Cultural Revolution and made China a great powerful country while she led the Gang of Four after Mao deceased.

She wasn't a leader, she was ultimately just a spin doctor, she was also arrested less than a month after Mao died and the rest of the Gang of Four during that month she had little influence because her legitimacy and influence came from a dead man.

Well done on listing 1 person from less than 300 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stop with the gender politics. We shouldn't be looking for a female leader. We should be looking for a good leader.
Margret Thatcher was amazing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending