The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2016 - Discussion

SQA Results Discussion - Tuesday 9th of August 2016

Hey Guys.

I'll be here along with other members of TSR to support and answer any questions you may have on the run up and actual day of results. So if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask me.

This is a place for you to discuss anything about your SQA Results. Share your results with other members, discuss how you feel about your results and tell us what your next step is.

There has been a change to the MySQA system this year meaning that results will be sent out from 8am via text and e-mail. They will not be sent out during the night like previous years.

Further SQA support articles are here

I know people will be nervous and anxious to get there results but I think it's important, especially in the build up to exam results time to put them into perspective. Exams are not going to label your future neither are they defining you as a person. They are not there to stop you from achieving your goals and aspirations but to help you get them!

Countdown

Best of luck and I hope everyone achieves what they want!

Scroll to see replies

Sub
Reply 2
Am I right in saying that texts and emails from mySQA aren't being sent out through the night this year, So they'll be sent from 8am onwards?
Reply 4
Original post by Aidan.15
Am I right in saying that texts and emails from mySQA aren't being sent out through the night this year, So they'll be sent from 8am onwards?

Correct, Hope this Helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought I got my certificate on Results Day but I received a certificate on the 20th June for all my Units. Is this because I completed an NPA Group Award?
Reply 6
Original post by angel7090695001
I thought I got my certificate on Results Day but I received a certificate on the 20th June for all my Units. Is this because I completed an NPA Group Award?

If it is solely units then it will be. Would I be correct in saying you are expecting a grade? If so then this will come on the 9th of August. Hope this helps!
Original post by JP298
If it is solely units then it will be. Would I be correct in saying you are expecting a grade? If so then this will come on the 9th of August. Hope this helps!

Yes, thanks.
Reply 8
This might seem like a really stupid question, but just wanting to make sure- will everyone receive their results via text/email at exactly 8am or will they start to be sent out from 8am and will continue on throughout the morning. So like maybe a friend could receive theirs bang on at 8 but I could possibly get mine at half past, or something?
Reply 9
Original post by laurench
This might seem like a really stupid question, but just wanting to make sure- will everyone receive their results via text/email at exactly 8am or will they start to be sent out from 8am and will continue on throughout the morning. So like maybe a friend could receive theirs bang on at 8 but I could possibly get mine at half past, or something?

Not a stupid question at all :smile:

Results will be sent out by email/text from 8am on the 9th August so some people will inevitably receive their results before others.

Here's a link to a page on the SQA website all about results.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 10
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask myself or @sameehaiqbal as we are also helping out with SQA Results Day! :h:
If you signed up last year to recieve by text and email do you have to do it again this year?
I can't remember my password and the website isn't detecting my answer to the secret question.
Reply 12
Original post by Mystery.
If you signed up last year to recieve by text and email do you have to do it again this year?
I can't remember my password and the website isn't detecting my answer to the secret question.

Nope, you don't have to sign up again! Your preferences this year are the same as last years so if you've received your result by text last year then you will receive them by text this year. Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long will it take for the universities to respond once I get my exam results, or will UCAS update automatically?

Thanks
Original post by Hannah5001
How long will it take for the universities to respond once I get my exam results, or will UCAS update automatically?

Thanks

If you've met the conditions of your offer then it's likely your UCAS will update the morning of results day as universities receive results the week before results day. If it hasn't updated then you should contact the University to discuss.
I know the results being sent out from 8am is probably quite reassuring for most people but I always stay up for mine and can't help but feel I'll be lying there from midnight to 8am waiting on them coming through :redface:
Also for the first time in a few years, some people will almost definitely get their certificate in the post before email/texts
Original post by Treen98
I know the results being sent out from 8am is probably quite reassuring for most people but I always stay up for mine and can't help but feel I'll be lying there from midnight to 8am waiting on them coming through :redface:
Also for the first time in a few years, some people will almost definitely get their certificate in the post before email/texts

Haha me too I'll probably end up doing an all nighter or something but it's so pointless because the results don't come in till 8am anyway so just try and get some sleep the night before!
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Haha me too I'll probably end up doing an all nighter or something but it's so pointless because the results don't come in till 8am anyway so just try and get some sleep the night before!

Ahh I know but doubt I'll be able to :eek:
Hey guys, just a little help for anyone who thinks or doesnt get the results they expected. Theres a helpline called Skills Development Scotland which is a free helpline offering advice, information and support for young pupils and their parents for the results due on 9th August.

The helpline will be open from 8am to 8pm on August 9 and August 10 and from 9am to 5pm until August 17. Help is available from qualified careers advisors who have unique access to information on UCAS and can help you through with your grades. They can also give you advise on confirmation and clearing and other opportunities and pathways should you not meet your required grades.

The phone number to call is 0808 100 8000.

Good luck everyone and do keep us updated on your results! :biggrin:
What courses have people applied for? Or what courses do you hope to apply for? And what is your fall back if things don't go as expected? Don't be negative :P :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending