The Student Room Group

Where have all the romantic, intelligent, home-girls gone?

Seriously. No matter where I go or what I do there is an issue with most women I encounter.

Either they just want something casual and want my D and little else.

They are too stupid to hold even the most basic of conversations and/or have been brainwashed by ridiculous PC left-wing agenda nonsense and/or are radical feminists/think the world is against them (yet do absolutely nothing to improve their lives and just moan to me again while wanting to stroke the D).

Or, they just want to wear revealing clothing and go clubbing/partying three times a week (or binge drink at home, 3 times a week >_>).

Or, they're Muslim.

Why is it so hard to find a woman who doesn't enjoy partying/clubbing culture, is well read and a rational thinker, is actually romantic AND still not a prude in the bedroom and isn't religious?

Am I asking for too much? I promise they need only be 5/10, perhaps even 4/10 if their personality is good enough. But I can't even find a 1/10 :frown:

You'd almost think people were avoiding me because I'm a manlet.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're going to be very hard pressed to find a girl who isn't a feminist and isn't religous and who isn't already taken famalam
Reply 2
Original post by FrogLad
You're going to be very hard pressed to find a girl who isn't a feminist and isn't religous and who isn't already taken famalam

That's a bit ridiculous.

I feel like girls need to raise their standards a bit more.

I hear incessantly of how they go out with guys who cheat on them, who emotionally blackmail them, who just use them for sex and don't really care and all of it just baffles me. If you see your guy doing this stuff you break up with them. Yet they don't. Even giving guys like that, that are clearly unempathetic a chance in the first place seems bizarre. I for one would not give a girl a chance if she's selfish and immoral regardless of how attractive she is.
Dude don't you think it is not too much?
Original post by TorpidPhil
Seriously. No matter where I go or what I do there is an issue with most women I encounter.

They are too stupid to hold even the most basic of conversations and/or have been brainwashed by ridiculous PC left-wing agenda nonsense and/or are radical feminists/think the world is against them (yet do absolutely nothing to improve their lives and just moan to me again while wanting to stroke the D).

Or, they just want to wear revealing clothing and go clubbing/partying three times a week (or binge drink at home, 3 times a week >_>:wink:.

Or, they're Muslim.

Why is it so hard to find a woman who doesn't enjoy partying/clubbing culture, is well read and a rational thinker, is actually romantic AND still not a prude in the bedroom and isn't religious?

Am I asking for too much? I promise they need only be 5/10, perhaps even 4/10 if their personality is good enough. But I can't even find a 1/10 :frown:

I don't think that's asking too much, but yes many of us could be taken:P
Reply 6
Original post by TheAtaKhan
Dude don't you think it is not too much?

Considering they can be pretty unattractive, need no confidence whatsoever and don't really need any life experience other than a bit of common sense knowledge.

I don't think it's asking for that much...

Obviously it is though.
Reply 7
Original post by Millieconfused
-

Nah I wouldn't go that far. I'm not as entitled as that fella.

If I fail to find such a person I'll lower my standards. Have to lose one of those things. My last partner was into the clubbing thing. I never went clubbing with her though and... Yeah, it just wasn't, the chemistry wasn't there, we were too different. I'm just curious as to why it is so difficult to find the sort of girl that I mention in the OP even when I actively search for them via things like online dating (you are not really going to meet that girl IRL as often they are pretty insecure and as I said... Homely).

Spoiler

Reply 9
That's a bit ridiculous.

I feel like girls need to raise their standards a bit more.

I hear incessantly of how they go out with guys who cheat on them, who emotionally blackmail them, who just use them for sex and don't really care and all of it just baffles me. If you see your guy doing this stuff you break up with them. Yet they don't. Even giving guys like that, that are clearly unempathetic a chance in the first place seems bizarre. I for one would not give a girl a chance if she's selfish and immoral regardless of how attractive she is.

That's their perogative tbh, you have no business in telling them how to behave. Perhaps they're just attracted to that.

Why don't you lower your standards? Seeing as you're the one with the issue.
I'm here bro.
Original post by saraxh

Spoiler

Me too. I'm right here as well :biggrin:

Original post by FrogLad
That's their perogative tbh, you have no business in telling them how to behave. Perhaps they're just attracted to that.

Why don't you lower your standards? Seeing as you're the one with the issue.

Lowering one's standards is a tricky business. The girls I seek obviously exist but they must be in relationships at present. If I wait long enough I will find one locally. However, that takes time and that means periods of no cuddles which sucks (and periods of no sex, rawr). If I lower my standards and become attached to someone I'm then stuck unable to pick up that perfect girl when she finally is available without being really cruel and searching for such behind the girl at my time's back and then dumping her for really an extremely selfish reason. That doesn't feel right to me so I'd rather not tie myself down unless I get really desperate for romance.

Also, perhaps I do. Upon finally getting around to talking to these people I find they are very frustrated with how their past relationships turn out. Yet they have failed to do much to stop such events re-occuring. Is it not in that instance my 'duty' to inform them how to improve their lives in the future?

My point is I don't think they genuinely choose those lives. I think they're just ignorant as to how to avoid them/detect the warnings early enough and then just go along with it because they are 'content' or too scared to be the ***** and end it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nah I wouldn't go that far. I'm not as entitled as that fella.

If I fail to find such a person I'll lower my standards. Have to lose one of those things. My last partner was into the clubbing thing. I never went clubbing with her though and... Yeah, it just wasn't, the chemistry wasn't there, we were too different. I'm just curious as to why it is so difficult to find the sort of girl that I mention in the OP even when I actively search for them via things like online dating (you are not really going to meet that girl IRL as often they are pretty insecure and as I said... Homely).

You shouldn't just go around looking for a girlfriend. You should wait until you meet someone who makes you fall head over heals. Don't just settle for someone who meets your standards.
Original post by Sarah sahara
You shouldn't just go around looking for a girlfriend. You should wait until you meet someone who makes you fall head over heals. Don't just settle for someone who meets your standards.

My dear, I was doing that for a long ass time. And it resulted in me never having even kissed a woman when I was 20.

I assure you if I had never actively gone out and searched for someone I would still have not kissed a woman at 1 month off 21 and that is just ridiculous.

Life doesn't work like that.

A perfect lover will not just magically appear. And even if they do the chances are you'll **** that relationship up anyway if you have had no experience of how they work beforehand!

Experience is key. Not willy nilly farting about. But actively searching for romance and trying hard at relationships. I feel that's a necessity in order to actually find proper love, statistically at least. You might get lucky and keep finding perfect partners in a row. But that's not gonna happen for most...
Original post by FrogLad

Oh I'm here, I exist! But, there's a catch...

Spoiler

Or, they just want to wear revealing clothing and go clubbing/partying three times a week (or binge drink at home, 3 times a week >_>:wink:.

Or, they're Muslim.

There are loads of them open your eyes...
My dear, I was doing that for a long ass time. And it resulted in me never having even kissed a woman when I was 20.

I assure you if I had never actively gone out and searched for someone I would still have not kissed a woman at 1 month off 21 and that is just ridiculous.

Life doesn't work like that.

A perfect lover will not just magically appear. And even if they do the chances are you'll **** that relationship up anyway if you have had no experience of how they work beforehand!

Experience is key. Not willy nilly farting about. But actively searching for romance and trying hard at relationships. I feel that's a necessity in order to actually find proper love, statistically at least. You might get lucky and keep finding perfect partners in a row. But that's not gonna happen for most...
I see. Personally I don't want to have a long past of relationships. I also don't think I will need so much experience. Its not like having a puppy. Your partner is a human so you have a whole life of experiencing people! Just treat her how you want to be treated and show unconditional love and that should be it, my dear.
Tips for helping me open my eyes?
Tips for helping me open my eyes?

There's probably tons on here to start. You just need to look in the right places, martial arts clubs, libraries, universities etc

Quick Reply

Latest