The Student Room Group

Where have all the romantic, intelligent, home-girls gone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrincessBO$$
Your post made me LOL :rofl:
Whats wrong with muslim girls? Quite a few of my friends are only muslim by name and barely practice!
There are women who hate feminists and barely drink or club and are virgins. Your just out of luck sorry to say :redface:

I have nothing against someone raised in a Muslim culture and that still identifies as such for obvious, familial reasons.

In fact I became rather friendly with such a person once... It ended a bit prematurely for my taste though.

I can't date someone properly religious though because I really don't like organised religion and I don't intend to marry, and I most certainly will not allow my children to be raised in a religious setting.

And I'm glad you find my posts amusing :P

Original post by perspectives
maybe that's your answer, we are all too young.
Also somebody needs to be asking where all the intelligent guys my age are? They're seriously all dumb and/or dress bad.

With age people lose their romantic desires and only want to go out clubbing every other night? Bah. I can't see it!

It makes sense why guys your age suck though - girls mature faster than guys. You ideally want someone about 19 I'd say. Two years older. Of course some people, like myself I'd say, have matured a little fast for their ages (and perhaps genders lol). But in general you're going to want to date someone a little older as a female until you reach 23 I'd say.

Original post by Millieconfused
no more dry spells

Please stop trolling the thread with unamusing images.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Brokeman
Ive seen some lovely romantic home-women in England. They do be out there. You just need to go into the real world and travel and see for yourself.

These lovely romantic sensible women tend to be found in quality areas, places that have good morals, financially good areas, families that have good morals, etc etc.
Ive seen some lovely sensible women out there with good manners and attractive too. Seen them in Coventry offices, university, work institutions, on the train and in shops too.

You are probably right. I'm sure a lot of the girls I'm at university with atm will not behave the same as they do now in 10 years time when they are 30 and that's when I will have less trouble finding a woman. In the meantime though I am not content! So the search shall continue.
no more dry spells

Original post by StationToStation
And I can't find a guy who appreciates those qualities in me. Where have all of YOU gone?

Leeds :P

Original post by Goaded
You must just be looking in the wrong places becsuse I know lots of girls like this. I know a girl perfect for you actually:u:

Advice would be appreciated.

Advice from you grizzled and experienced wise women.
Also somebody needs to be asking where all the intelligent guys my age are? They're seriously all dumb and/or dress bad.
We do exist :redface:
Reply 45

Maybe intelligent guys can only dress badly..
Sorry I've been a bit busy stressing but here I am!

I'm romantic, fairly intelligent and a home-girl :h:
Original post by TorpidPhil
Well. I find it very difficult personally to find that correct sort of person at university. And libraries are incredibly awkward places to try and befriend strangers in. With regards to martial art clubs, I've been doing martial arts for a very long time but I have to say I struggle to find homely, romantic, intelligent sorts at martial arts clubs hahahaha. Without being overly stereotypical that's my totally unscientific anecdotal analysis of them :P

I'm gonna go wild talking to strangers in lectures when I return to uni for my third year if I am not satisfied by then, however, I've got a year out from uni until then and don't really want to be single for that time.

And concerning TSR the actual chance of someone being close to me in this vast country is rather low. It has happened before though. Twice actually. So it's possible.

Well, unless you want a religious type you might struggle. I know quite a few non religious girls who match your description
Original post by Serine Soul

I've actually noticed quite a few of your posts before. You're cool. And you're 'north' lol. Whatever that means :P

Aww and you're even humble enough to merely say you are "fairly intelligent".

That sounded paradoxical. I might struggle unless I settle for a religion type, yet you know 'quite a few' people like that who are not religious types? Why do you know them and I don't then???
I've actually noticed quite a few of your posts before. You're cool. And you're 'north' lol. Whatever that means :P

It means I'm from the North of England :lol:

And haha, sarcasm? I felt a bit too cocky saying 'fairly intelligent' but I thought I'd match your title :yes:

That sounded paradoxical. I might struggle unless I settle for a religion type, yet you know 'quite a few' people like that who are not religious types? Why do you know them and I don't then???

I'm just saying, generally speaking, religious girls are less likely to drink and be promiscuous than non religious girls. There are non religious girls who match at least some of what you want but most of the ones at uni like to do what you don't and they are probably feminists in some respects too. Go and import a nice asian lady
It means I'm from the North of England :lol:

And haha, sarcasm? I felt a bit too cocky saying 'fairly intelligent' but I thought I'd match your title :yes:

Thank you for that, although I actually gathered that much myself :P

I meant, the North of England is a very large area, really, so it could mean you are hours and hours away, or perhaps a few streets away. As ridiculous as that sounds it has happened before! Unlikely to happen again though (although they are independent events, I know).

And no, not sarcasm. Humility is never a bad thing broadly. So long as it isn't actually symbolic for insecurities. Even then, I find myself good at scrubbing away insecurities. Ooo I'm so humble.
Looool.

Yeah, you know what's up AngryRedhead. You know what's up.

I will have little issue when I'm a tad older, a tad richer and a tad more independent because then I'll be able to drag back a woman from Singapore. Or uhh. Just move to Singapore... But in the meantime... Cuddles and extras ftw?

Oh and yeah, you definitely are right - it is not merely coincidence that I find myself disproportionately attracted to non-white girls...
Original post by millieconfused

thank you supreme gentleman
Original post by Marshall Taylor
thank you supreme gentleman

@Serine Sоul is thirsty :drool:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
@Serine Sоul is thirsty :drool:

We're all on TSR.

90% of us are thirsty 90% of our lives haha.

Also, @Little Popcorns - my vernacular really epitomises street, does it not? :colonhash:
I have similar trouble with guys xD I'm sure as people get older there'll be more mature people who fit what you're looking for?
We're all on TSR.

90% of us are thirsty 90% of our lives haha.

Also, @Little Popcorns - my vernacular really epitomises street, does it not? :colonhash:

i agree the thirstiest is @RobML Sorry for the tag bro :u:
Original post by Madgiddypig
I have similar trouble with guys xD I'm sure as people get older there'll be more mature people who fit what you're looking for?

You think you've got problems and you're 16.

My goodness. Wait till you're 20. Trying to find that home-boy that isn't a mentally ill recluse. Good. Luck. :P

Quick Reply

Latest