The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Had my therapy session today not sure how it went, she agreed I need medication but thought councelling wasn't right for me as I was more suffering from extreme anxiety and said it would be better to get a community psychiatric nurse to help me.

Googling that makes me think they only deal with people with severe mental health problems which makes me feel maybe my problems are worse than I thought.
Hello people. I have a similar problem as the following thread but nobody replied to it. so it would be very helpful to get some opinion
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4209124
Sorry guys I've been busy trying to distract myself from the mess up there and if not I've been crying non stop so I've not been on TSR much and haven't replied to PMs. I'll get around to it soon-ish I hope. I hope everyone here is okay and particularly those who PMd me

I have those 'clearly horrible' moments and if I'm feeling okay I get so anxious over the pending 'clearly horrible' moments that I'm doomed to face. And if I'm ever feeling good I try to make myself feel crappy again because I'm scared of the sudden transition between feeling good and the 'clearly horrible' moment.

What is the point in trying to get better? Like in the horrible moments I am so desperate to feel better and get jealous of myself back when things were better, but when I'm actually feeling good I can't enjoy the good feelings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anxious Anon
Sorry guys I've been busy trying to distract myself from the mess up there and if not I've been crying non stop so I've not been on TSR much and haven't replied to PMs. I'll get around to it soon-ish I hope. I hope everyone here is okay and particularly those who PMd me

I have those 'clearly horrible' moments and if I'm feeling okay I get so anxious over the pending 'clearly horrible' moments that I'm doomed to face. And if I'm ever feeling good I try to make myself feel crappy again because I'm scared of the sudden transition between feeling good and the 'clearly horrible' moment.

What is the point in trying to get better? Like in the horrible moments I am so desperate to feel better and get jealous of myself back when things were better, but when I'm actually feeling good I can't enjoy the good feelings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hang in there. If you need anybody to talk to, my inbox is open.
Spoiler as it might trigger those with HA

Spoiler

Had such an awful few days. :cry2:
So anxious recently, heart is going at a ridiculous pace lol

~Anon 1
I recently discovered that a lecturer who taught me on my degree who was supportive of my mental health problems has been imprisoned for a serious crime. I feel sick at him and disappointed in myself for previously looking up to him.
Original post by Anonymous
I recently discovered that a lecturer who taught me on my degree who was supportive of my mental health problems has been imprisoned for a serious crime. I feel sick at him and disappointed in myself for previously looking up to him.

**** :frown: what has he done?? Pedophile isn't it... 😔
Original post by Little Popcorns
**** :frown: what has he done?? Pedophile isn't it... 😔

Yeah
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Had such an awful few days. :cry2:

So anxious recently, heart is going at a ridiculous pace lol

~Anon 1

:jumphug: to both, and anyone else struggling tonight :frown:

That must be really difficult for you - so sorry to hear that. Don't be so hard on yourself though - you weren't to know :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah

Not surprised you feel bad. Sorry to hear :frown:
Confused now as my OCD seems to be worse in the day than at night. Before it was the other way round. Ideally it will be good in the day and at night but it's nice to be able to get some proper sleep now! Was seriously lacking some of that but now it's just nice to be able to relax in bed and just turn in for the night when I want to!
Very satisfied with that!

Have two therapy sessions tomorrow! One private and the second group session with the NHS. The first one was better than expected so that was alright! Plus there was a cute girl there of my age, I may try and pluck up the courage to say hi at some point. She seemed really nice and friendly, quiet though, but I'm quiet so I understand that!

Shall be posting here more again now that I seem to have stabilized at the moment.

I hope everyone is well! :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

:lovehug:
ty TLG, feel crap atm tbh :redface:
hope you are well lovely x
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug: to both, and anyone else struggling tonight :frown:

That must be really difficult for you - so sorry to hear that. Don't be so hard on yourself though - you weren't to know :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Little Popcorns
Not surprised you feel bad. Sorry to hear :frown:

Thank you both. Unfortunately I guess you never know with some people.
Thank you both. Unfortunately I guess you never know with some people.

Indeed. I was rather shocked to discover the same thing about someone I thought was a friend.
I don't know what is happening. I always feel someone's there. I don't feel any emotions. I don't want to do anything just stay in my room where no one bothers me or speak to me. I don't want any human contact. My head always feel heavy. I always feel stressed about I don't even know what. Sometimes I just want to scream and cry. Recently I've been getting really angry and I have to punch walls to calm myself down.
So I moved into Supported Accommodation last week and had the internet installed yesterday. Now at least I won't be sitting in my room staring at the wall all the time and actually have something to do. Things seem to be going OK but I feel like I'm missing the people who I normally spent so much time around and I feel really lonely which is weird because I used to be able to cope with being on my own for weeks without any complaints. I guess the problem is that I know I'll be on my own pretty much all the time now so it's really starting to weigh down on me. Not sure what to do. I guess I need things to keep me occupied but even doing things I used to enjoy I don't really enjoy them as much as I used to.
I've lately been feeling extremely resentful of my mother for beating me and my sisters when we were children. I know it happened 15+ years ago, and I know she had anger issues that she couldn't control at times, but I can't seem to forgive her completely because although I grew up fine, my younger sister is depressed and self harms and I feel like my mother is partly at fault for it - although she obviously never wanted that to happen.
Original post by Airmed
Just found out my English tutor from last semester died of a short illness on Friday past. :frown:
I am really sorry to hear that. It's always difficult losing anyone you know or just met

Latest