The Student Room Group

Where have all the romantic, intelligent, home-girls gone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TorpidPhil
You think you've got problems and you're 16.

My goodness. Wait till you're 20. Trying to find that home-boy that isn't a mentally ill recluse. Good. Luck. :P

Hahaha I know. My age is giving me hope xD
I'm that bae.

Home giiiiirl :tongue:

Genuinely though I am and I feel like some kind of freak for it. Everyone's insta whores etc these days... I just can't...

P.S. Stop saying 'the D', 'the D', 'the D' :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Little Popcorns
I'm that bae.

Home giiiiirl :tongue:

Genuinely though I am and I feel like some kind of freak for it. Everyone's insta whores etc these days... I just can't...

Lol. I feel like some grand apologist for TSR girls after making this thread. Obviously a lot of TSR girls are like that, but it's just a coincidence I made on this forum - it's the only 'generic' forum I frequent.

Anyways, yeah, keep rocking that home girl life. It's not freaky. It's not odd. Okay, maybe it is odd. But it's damn well awesome nonetheless!

Hey, it's often a good thing to be different from the flock. The flock doesn't innovate. The flock isn't unique or interesting.

P.S I'm saying the D because everyone is obsessed about someone's D in particular and I have to say D because of profanity really annoying TSR mods and TSRians alike.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well. I find it very difficult personally to find that correct sort of person at university. And libraries are incredibly awkward places to try and befriend strangers in. With regards to martial art clubs, I've been doing martial arts for a very long time but I have to say I struggle to find homely, romantic, intelligent sorts at martial arts clubs hahahaha. Without being overly stereotypical that's my totally unscientific anecdotal analysis of them :P

I'm gonna go wild talking to strangers in lectures when I return to uni for my third year if I am not satisfied by then, however, I've got a year out from uni until then and don't really want to be single for that time.

And concerning TSR the actual chance of someone being close to me in this vast country is rather low. It has happened before though. Twice actually. So it's possible.

what do you find at martial arts clubs then?
Original post by abcde3237
what do you find at martial arts clubs then?

Well-read, hopelessly romantic, scholarly gentleman like me of course.

LOL
Reply 65
They're probably home, thinking the same things you are about guys out there ahah
Well-read, hopelessly romantic, scholarly gentleman like me of course.

LOL

no women?

not trying to be harsh but maybe the fact you describe yourself as 'hopelessly romantic' is part of the problem. Most women, especially the attractive ones with options (the ones people want) dont want sappy romantics/softies for the most part
Lol. I feel like some grand apologist for TSR girls after making this thread. Obviously a lot of TSR girls are like that, but it's just a coincidence I made on this forum - it's the only 'generic' forum I frequent.

Anyways, yeah, keep rocking that home girl life. It's not freaky. It's not odd. Okay, maybe it is odd. But it's damn well awesome nonetheless!

Hey, it's often a good thing to be different from the flock. The flock doesn't innovate. The flock isn't unique or interesting.

P.S I'm saying the D because everyone is obsessed about someone's D in particular and I have to say D because of profanity really annoying TSR mods and TSRians alike.

Yeah fair dos, I guess if you need to get it off your chest even if it's not exactly relevant to us lot then here's still a decent place to do so!

Thanks :h: that's actually made my day people need to speak to people like this more often... Like you're cheering someone on in a race, self esteem boost of the day. Eee.

True true :smile:

Aha understood!
Original post by afdah
They're probably home, thinking the same things you are about guys out there ahah

Too true!
no women?

not trying to be harsh but maybe the fact you describe yourself as 'hopelessly romantic' is part of the problem. Most women, especially the attractive ones with options (the ones people want) dont want sappy romantics/softies for the most part

Kid.

I was exaggerating the description for a reason.

I do mixed martial arts. I work security. I am a licensed door supervisor. I will be a police officer in November. I can big myself up and talk ******** about that if I want to.

The joke just flew over your head.

A lot of women, I think, would love a guy that was simultaneously extremely horny and very sexually open minded (and physically fit, confident, able to take control of situations ya-da, ya-da, ya-da), but also loyal and romantic. Best of both worlds right? And outside of the uni environment I bet most women would rather someone with the latter two traits than the first two I mentioned anyway.
Kid.

I was exaggerating the description for a reason.

I do mixed martial arts. I work security. I am a licensed door supervisor. I will be a police officer in November. I can big myself up and talk ******** about that if I want to.

The joke just flew over your head.

A lot of women, I think, would love a guy that was simultaneously extremely horny and very sexually open minded (and physically fit, confident, able to take control of situations ya-da, ya-da, ya-da), but also loyal and romantic. Best of both worlds right? And outside of the uni environment I bet most women would rather someone with the latter two traits than the first two I mentioned anyway.

oh lol

it's difficult to tell over the internet, not to mention that on tsr people actually do say stuff like that (and worse)
Original post by afdah

One would think in such an instance they would go a step further and try online dating. Perhaps the ceaseless horde of desperate, immature, boys that populate the online dating world puts them off from that though...

Original post by Little Popcorns
Yeah fair dos, I guess if you need to get it off your chest even if it's not exactly relevant to us lot then here's still a decent place to do so!

Thanks :h: that's actually made my day people need to speak to people like this more often... Like you're cheering someone on in a race, self esteem boost of the day. Eee.

True true :smile:

Aha understood!

Hmm. It surprises me that that affected you even slightly so. But good to hear. Unfortunately more people aren't going to speak like that more often though because, as you know, too few are like me and you lol. I guess that's why it is nice to actually hear it for a change...
oh lol

it's difficult to tell over the internet, not to mention that on tsr people actually do say stuff like that (and worse)

The joke being that one obviously would not expect to find the soppiest of all men at martial arts clubs - especially not MMA ones lol. I found that quite a funny prospect... Shame it didn't trigger first time for you :tongue:
The joke being that one obviously would not expect to find the soppiest of all men at martial arts clubs - especially not MMA ones lol. I found that quite a funny prospect... Shame it didn't trigger first time for you :tongue:

ohhh now i get, fml I'm a bit slow today

its because at my uni's martial arts club i often see skinny shy chinese dudes walking out the studio so i have that image in my mind lol
ohhh now i get, fml I'm a bit slow today

its because at my uni's martial arts club i often see skinny shy chinese dudes walking out the studio so i have that image in my mind lol

University martial arts clubs are a bit different :P

90% of the people at my MMA club did not attend/do not attend university.
University martial arts clubs are a bit different :P

90% of the people at my MMA club did not attend/do not attend university.

did not attend as in didn't go to uni at all :eek: what do they do then? as in, are they working?

what age group are you guys? :s-smilie:
did not attend as in didn't go to uni at all :eek: what do they do then? as in, are they working?

what age group are you guys? :s-smilie:

Working/apprenticeships/other weird college schemes and straight into work.

Well youngest two are 16. Most of us are around 20, the rest are like 25-30.
Working/apprenticeships/other weird college schemes and straight into work.

Well youngest two are 16. Most of us are around 20, the rest are like 25-30.

dayum

what type of people are there generally? do you get actual working professionals doing mma?
dayum

what type of people are there generally? do you get actual working professionals doing mma?

Nah. They're more into BJJ and dodgy karate systems that are not really practical but constantly preach **** about ethics and philosophy lol.

Obviously you do get the odd exception. But mostly, at least from my experience of attending a meagre 2 MMA classes, the stereotype holds true.

I'm the weirdo lol. The guy who studies all the submission techniques ridiculous intimately and tries to get academic with it and everyone else is like "coach, please get to stop asking these questions" haha.

I like it though. We train a lot harder and a lot more realistically than we did at the two MT gyms I've attended and all the previous shotokan karate gyms too.
Original post by FrogLad
I require evidence before i believe you :wink:

Haha sorry, don't want to turn you to stone :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest