The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

wtf why is one every choosing team yellow -_-
Original post by TorpidPhil
I'm not entirely sure what that bar represents but I think it's how close to the next combat point. * *.

*The bar is how high you can raise their CP. Once it's full, the Pokemon is as strong as they can get, unless you can evolve them further.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cll_ws
*The bar is how high you can raise their CP. Once it's full, the Pokemon is as strong as they can get, unless you can evolve them further.

Question is, is that maximum the same for different pokemon? Both in terms of, say, Pidgeot vs Raticate, and in terms of one pidgeot vs another pidgeot...
Reply 263
Original post by nexttime
Question is, is that maximum the same for different pokemon? Both in terms of, say, Pidgeot vs Raticate, and in terms of one pidgeot vs another pidgeot...

I've seen speculation that's it's linked to things like the weight of the Pokemon, but don't know whether anyone's actually checked this yet.
should I power up a pokemon or save the candies for it to evolve & then power up?

Like how the hell am I going to catch duplicate charmanders if they are "special" to catch? :erm:
Original post by undercxver
Ugh I'm sad l don't have unlimited data.

That aside, can't wait! :dance:

I've used 25mb data over the course of 2 days going outside omw shopping and back etc. It barely uses data ... though do note it uses gps/camera etc ....
just make sure u have full battery b4 heading out. :tongue:
Original post by Aula
I've seen speculation that's it's linked to things like the weight of the Pokemon, but don't know whether anyone's actually checked this yet.

I realised that as someone with 9 raticates and 4 pidgeots I am ideally positioned to answer this question.

There does not seem to be any variation based on weight or any other factors. Lower CPs will always be proportionately lower in position around that semi-circle. I theorise that the max is always the same for the same pokemon.
I've seen something that says it doesn't work on iPods. I really hope that's not true!

I'm fine with having to be connected to WiFi/hotspot to play, but apparently on iPods it can't get a GPS signal so is unplayable 😩😭
Just a question about pokemon GO!:

Are there all generations, so from the first to seventh the one, included in this game or are the generations limited? in other words: is it possible to catch them all or just certain pokemons of certain generations?
Original post by Kallisto
Just a question about pokemon GO!:

Are there all generations, so from the first to seventh the one, included in this game or are the generations limited? in other words: is it possible to catch them all or just certain pokemons of certain generations?

Original 151 pokemon :yep:
Original post by supernerdural
I've seen something that says it doesn't work on iPods. I really hope that's not true!

I'm fine with having to be connected to WiFi/hotspot to play, but apparently on iPods it can't get a GPS signal so is unplayable 😩😭

You'll need a GPS to play as is needs to know your location on the map to work :console:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Original 151 pokemon :yep:

I see. Nice! the best generation by far (although the second one was good too), good choice!

So when the alpha version for this game is released?
Original post by Kallisto
I see. Nice! the best generation by far (although the second one was good too), good choice!

So when the alpha version for this game is released?

It's already out in the US and Aus/NZ but the UK release date has been delayed because of server issues. Should be hitting the UK in the next few days or so :smile:
How is everyone getting such high cp do you just evolve all your Pokemon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 274
Got this today, turns out TSR Towers is right next to a gym. No idea what I'm doing yet though…
When you realise you don't even have to leave your desk to access a pokestop and gym :smug:
Reply 276
My nickname's gusisthebest99 in the game. What's everyone name in the game?
Original post by Dez
Got this today, turns out TSR Towers is right next to a gym. No idea what I'm doing yet though…

I was disappointed when TSR HQ turned out to not be a gym :cry:
Reply 278
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I was disappointed when TSR HQ turned out to not be a gym :cry:

Well the pub next door is almost TSR HQ, given how much time we all spend in there :p:
Original post by Dez
Well the pub next door is almost TSR HQ, given how much time we all spend in there :p:

The Albert is a gym?!

Quick Reply

Latest